TWG CXXI Postgame: Finally a town win <3

Started by Oricorio, March 11, 2024, 06:14:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Are you interested in playing the next TWG game?

Yes <3
8 (88.9%)
No </3
1 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 9

mastersuperfan

Quote from: raeko on March 11, 2024, 08:57:03 PMON DAY ONE?? When I wasn't even online ;_;

Oh man this brings up traumatic memories of the Champs game I was in last year and I was last minute (like, LAST MINUTE) lynched on D1, prompted by a townie, I was the JOAT and didn't even have time to claim as it was so last minute... I'm glad you didn't do that and add to my traumatic soul injury lol

I suddenly got really paranoid last-minute that you/TZP were wolves together lol (although in that case I probably should've just lynched BDS/TZP instead)

also sorry raeko for really putting you in a tight spot with that d2 play. hope we can get back together? <3 uwu
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: mastersuperfan on March 11, 2024, 08:50:56 PM- surprised that everyone was so sus of Toby...? in hindsight I can recognize BDS's point that TZP put Toby as his most human read to protect Specs, but d1 Toby was also my strongest humanread for basically the same reason. I started doubting my read in d2 a bit, but in general I never thought Toby's play seemed wolfy. BDS, did you just not notice I made this read too, or did you skip over it because you thought I was town for other reasons?
I'm pretty sure I missed the fact that Toby was your most human read :morton2: At least, at the time I made that observation.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

raeko

Quote from: mastersuperfan on March 11, 2024, 08:58:17 PMI suddenly got really paranoid last-minute that you/TZP were wolves together lol (although in that case I probably should've just lynched BDS/TZP instead)

also sorry raeko for really putting you in a tight spot with that d2 play. hope we can get back together? <3 uwu

it's OK!! it did really make me question you ngl hahaha but ultimately we didn't end up sacrificing ourselves and stayed lovers til the end!! yeah! <3

ThatHiddenCharacter

I just realized that my post I typed up earlier didn't post somehow.

Quote from: mastersuperfan on March 11, 2024, 06:39:04 PMI'm pretty sure even THC was starting to doubt me near the end there
Incorrect. I never doubted you, buddy.

GGs everyone! What a game.

That is what I typed verbatim. Hours ago...
Discord server (We have continental breakfast): https://discord.gg/ZuFJBF4

Jointers Discord server (We have continental music):
https://discord.gg/ehHWckpTzn

Ko-fi page (I have continental continents):
https://ko-fi.com/thathiddencharacter

SpecsFlyer17

Ugh, laying in bed for hours trying to sleep, finally getting some sleep, and waking up to find out I lost to a KitB lol.

Really well played humans, especially MSF with your TZP/Specs prediction.

I really wish I could've given this game more attention. Unfortunately it came at a bad time with work.

Did Toby pop in for the D2 vote? I figured that may have saved me, assuming he wasn't too suspicious of me to self-vote
Current Breathing Mode: MANUAL

ThatHiddenCharacter

Quote from: SpecsFlyer17 on March 11, 2024, 11:43:42 PMwaking up to find out I lost to a KitB lol.
This just made me realize that both wolves died to a KitB. What are the odds?
Discord server (We have continental breakfast): https://discord.gg/ZuFJBF4

Jointers Discord server (We have continental music):
https://discord.gg/ehHWckpTzn

Ko-fi page (I have continental continents):
https://ko-fi.com/thathiddencharacter

SpecsFlyer17

Quote from: ThatHiddenCharacter on March 11, 2024, 11:46:14 PMThis just made me realize that both wolves died to a KitB. What are the odds?

Well D1 was going to take down a wolf regardless, but yeah I bet there haven't been many games where both wolves go down via KitB

Toby

Good game

Sorry for my lack of activity

I think I'm just burnt out recently so will take some time away and hopefully come back like I used to

Still going to count that game as me not being lynched to continue my never been lynched since revival streak :)

SpecsFlyer17

Quote from: Toby on March 12, 2024, 04:14:20 AMStill going to count that game as me not being lynched to continue my never been lynched since revival streak

You weren't lynched but I broke your heart.

TheZeldaPianist275

Yeah Specs changed hemispheres late game which is not ideal for fighting for your life.

I'm down to play again, I think, but I know for sure that I'd have my attention piqued more by playing a larger game, with the heightened intensity and more creative interactions that happen in that context. The post-revival series of games has built up a variety of players at this point. With the Nakah/Raeko/MSF new blood, I'd be interested in seeing if we could get a 12-player game off the ground. Specs and I probably can get Math to play again, and between Davy, Olimar, Poet, A#, E. Gadd, Kai, Xiao, N1P2, surely we can find a few more for a bigger game?

Nakah

Quote from: mastersuperfan on March 11, 2024, 07:19:26 PMI didn't know you couldn't self-vote, or at least I wasn't aware that was in play this game. I was wondering why you weren't voting yourself — the fact that you didn't made me go back to thinking it was you/Specs (or you/Toby) instead of TZP/Specs and you were banking on Specs (or Toby) coming back to switch his vote to me

Lmao was this a real thought? Ooo to my woes it turns out I could have voted my self I checked the rules again and apparently that was never in there, among other oddities in time that made me laugh like the weird rule of #9 that was thankfully discontinued.

This game was fun imo, but I wish it had started out with less straight meta solving right away and letting people type and react first before people come forward with the chalk board formula for how to solve the game on Day 1. I say this just as an idea for future games...
    I haven't played on this forum in forever, but I'm super proud to see it now, like, whoaaaa 121 TWG games so far? That's come a long way, and the intelligence is definitely there in the community... Yet from a perspective where the roles were supposed to have everyone partnered as 'stargazed lovers in a trance;' it was more like scientists arguing amongst themselves as they declare their knowledge of how to solve the puzzle. That's why I came out with not too much other than a rick and morty kinda approach "weweee here I goooo ~~killin~~/lovin' again," on Day 1, until near the end of the phase where there was pressure and it was time to make a real post.

In the future it would be cool to see people role play up to their roles a bit more and attack others with their intelligence/deductive thoughts afterrr they set up false scenarios or try to at least.... it's like...idk where were the poetic puns or valentines day posts or trying to speak subtleties and set up lies of 'lover partners' and that tragic vs comedy kinda thing. That might have made the game stretch out for a few more phases and be interesting in the end.

Either way it was still fun and I'd play again with you guys...It's neat to post here again.

BlackDragonSlayer

Just as a heads up, I'll plan to post host sign-ups early Monday!!
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Oricorio

Player analysis complete, sorry for taking so long! Also I really need a few people to sign up for a game I'm hosting offsite; since the champs are coming up this could give offsite experience to anyone interested in participating!

TheZeldaPianist275

Thanks again for hosting Oricorio! I think that's a pretty reasonable evaluation. If you were in my shoes nearthe end of D1, and assuming you would have let Specs bite the bullet and play the long game instead, how would you have set yourself up for success?

Also, thanks for the offsite game invite, but I'm gonna have to pass--it's a hard enough sell playing TWG on my home forum. Hope you fill the lobby though!