Game: Genshin Impact
Console: Multiplatform
Title: Clio's Memoirs
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Latios212

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Kricketune54

Cliors Memoirs? More like C Major bahaha but this is a nice sounding one  ;D

• Given there's no direction to pedal, I think you could staccatos to 2nd layer RH 8th notes in m27-28
• m28 RH not much time for it but could add trill to beat 2
• m58 RH 3.0 hearing grace note as D#
• m65 you could add a decresc. heading into this measure, or add an mp dynamic to end the piece
• m66 RH I'm not hearing the bottom G, but hearing an En between Top G and Dn. Also sounds like a roll, but from top pitches down.

Latios212

Thanks for checking! Yeah, it's such a sweet little piece ^^

Quote from: Kricketune54 on March 21, 2024, 08:10:45 PM• Given there's no direction to pedal, I think you could staccatos to 2nd layer RH 8th notes in m27-28
Sounds good to me! (I pedal each measure through personally, but the performer can decide how much they want to)

Quote from: Kricketune54 on March 21, 2024, 08:10:45 PM• m28 RH not much time for it but could add trill to beat 2
Given how it doesn't really start until beat 3 I opted to leave it out to give the performer more time to focus on hitting the following melody.

Quote from: Kricketune54 on March 21, 2024, 08:10:45 PM• m58 RH 3.0 hearing grace note as D#
Oops, yes!

Quote from: Kricketune54 on March 21, 2024, 08:10:45 PM• m65 you could add a decresc. heading into this measure, or add an mp dynamic to end the piece
Hm I don't really agree with a decresc. into 65, the piano part at the end seems pretty consistent in volume, or at least I'd prefer to interpret it as such. It does match the intro's dynamic level though, so mp does seem warranted. Perhaps at m. 61 after the melody is gone? I've put it there for now.

Quote from: Kricketune54 on March 21, 2024, 08:10:45 PM• m66 RH I'm not hearing the bottom G, but hearing an En between Top G and Dn. Also sounds like a roll, but from top pitches down.
Ah yeah swapping that G for an E sounds right! I don't think a downward roll sounds right on piano though, I think some of those pitches in the original just don't play perfectly in sync.

Files updated~

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Kricketune54

Quote from: Latios212 on March 22, 2024, 06:52:39 PMHm I don't really agree with a decresc. into 65, the piano part at the end seems pretty consistent in volume, or at least I'd prefer to interpret it as such. It does match the intro's dynamic level though, so mp does seem warranted. Perhaps at m. 61 after the melody is gone? I've put it there for now.
Totally fair, and that's a good place for it.

Quote from: Latios212 on March 22, 2024, 06:52:39 PMAh yeah swapping that G for an E sounds right! I don't think a downward roll sounds right on piano though, I think some of those pitches in the original just don't play perfectly in sync.
Yeah that's fair as well.

Will approve, one closing thing for consideration, I think the LH beat 3.5 note throughout a decent chunk of m1-31 does sound shortened and you could add a staccato. Applies to 12 8th notes throughout m1-31 I think.

Latios212

Quote from: Kricketune54 on March 27, 2024, 08:23:32 PMI think the LH beat 3.5 note throughout a decent chunk of m1-31 does sound shortened and you could add a staccato. Applies to 12 8th notes throughout m1-31 I think.
Oh yeah! I agree with that. Updated, thanks :)

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Bloop

-m3: I hear the guitar go the G on beat 2 here too
-m28: The clarinet goes up to A a bit on beat 3.5 before ending on a trill on G in the next bar, maybe you could include those notes minus the trill? A similar thing happens in m32
-m59-67: The piano plays an octave above the L.H. notes too, did you leave them out consciously?

Latios212

Quote from: Bloop on March 31, 2024, 12:13:41 PM-m3: I hear the guitar go the G on beat 2 here too
Ah yeah. Actually listening again it sounds like m. 1 might have it as well, they sound kinda the same?? I added it there as well

Quote from: Bloop on March 31, 2024, 12:13:41 PM-m28: The clarinet goes up to A a bit on beat 3.5 before ending on a trill on G in the next bar, maybe you could include those notes minus the trill? A similar thing happens in m32
I mentioned this above to Kricketune for the trill, I think I'd rather just leave it as is to avoid distracting from the main melody too much (+giving the performer time to prepare for the next melodic phrase).

Quote from: Bloop on March 31, 2024, 12:13:41 PM-m59-67: The piano plays an octave above the L.H. notes too, did you leave them out consciously?
Oh that was not intentional! They do sound like octaves and I've added them in!

Thanks for the check! Files updated~

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Bloop

Quote from: Latios212 on March 31, 2024, 02:45:28 PMAh yeah. Actually listening again it sounds like m. 1 might have it as well, they sound kinda the same?? I added it there as well
Hm sounds like it's actually just in the piano as well haha, the guitar does play an E in m1.

Quote from: Latios212 on March 31, 2024, 02:45:28 PMI mentioned this above to Kricketune for the trill, I think I'd rather just leave it as is to avoid distracting from the main melody too much (+giving the performer time to prepare for the next melodic phrase).
Makes sense!

In that case, I can accept!

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Bloop.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot