News:

Iron gates are a thing of the past! Now, you can access your yard with the all-new NinSheetMusic-brand Teleportation Technology!

Main Menu

[SNES] Front Mission - "Shop" by Static

Started by Zeta, March 18, 2024, 05:51:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Other
Game: Front Mission
Console: Super Nintendo Entertainment System
Title: Shop
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Static

Static

As you can see above, the only non-extended SNES version upload on youtube is very crusty-sounding, so here's a clean MP3 rip from Zophar's domain

Title/composer info

Latios212

Looks awesome. Have you considered including the m. 4 figure in the last measure since the RH isn't doing anything there? Other than that, only thing I have to mention is that sometimes I've sometimes seem people around here align swung eighths with triplets, but not sure if that's more trouble than it's worth here.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Static

Yeah that sounds great, added that to m32.

Regarding the swing/triplets thing, I used to do that a lot myself, but a lot of swing music (especially at faster tempos like this) isn't actually exact triplets. It's more of a general feel, so I would prefer to leave it as is.

Latios212

Yep, makes sense here, just thought I'd mention. Everything looks good!

edit: you could end the 8va earlier in m. 31

You cannot view this attachment.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Kricketune54

lmao m26-27 is this going to be the first sheet on site to (almost) contain "The Lick"?

• I feel like the pulse of this is easier felt and read with the tempo written as half note = 93.
• On the recurring rhythm for m4 RH beat 4.0, I hear a Gn above the current Dn.

Static

Quote from: Kricketune54 on March 31, 2024, 10:08:52 AMlmao m26-27 is this going to be the first sheet on site to (almost) contain "The Lick"?
I feel like there's got to be some other tracks that have it, but I can't think of any off the top of my head...

Quote from: Kricketune54 on March 31, 2024, 10:08:52 AM• I feel like the pulse of this is easier felt and read with the tempo written as half note = 93.
Typically jazz pieces like this are written in 4/4 and given tempos in quarters, even if they can be felt in halves. I've seen charts with tempos of 300 or greater lol. It's more of a stylistic choice than a musical one, but I'd prefer to keep it in this sheet.

Quote from: Kricketune54 on March 31, 2024, 10:08:52 AM• On the recurring rhythm for m4 RH beat 4.0, I hear a Gn above the current Dn.
I hear that too, but this is a really weird case. That Gn is actually not being played in the keyboard part, it plays over the bass channel. It's essentially a weird overtone/distortion thing that's there because of how the sample was compressed. If you listen to the PS1 version here, which is 99% the same MIDI sequence, you can see how it's "supposed" to sound. Or you can check the SPC file here. I don't think it's necessary to include.

Kricketune54

Quote from: Static on April 04, 2024, 04:39:48 PMTypically jazz pieces like this are written in 4/4 and given tempos in quarters, even if they can be felt in halves. I've seen charts with tempos of 300 or greater lol. It's more of a stylistic choice than a musical one, but I'd prefer to keep it in this sheet.
I think you may have had this exact point before - I was thinking either or works in this situation so good to stay as is.

Quote from: Static on April 04, 2024, 04:39:48 PMI hear that too, but this is a really weird case. That Gn is actually not being played in the keyboard part, it plays over the bass channel. It's essentially a weird overtone/distortion thing that's there because of how the sample was compressed. If you listen to the PS1 version here, which is 99% the same MIDI sequence, you can see how it's "supposed" to sound. Or you can check the SPC file here. I don't think it's necessary to include.

Weird case indeed! I Listening to the PS1 version I hear what you mean.

Nothing else from me, so I will now accept

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Kricketune54.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot