Series: Mega Man
Game: Mega Man 2
Console: Nintendo Entertainment System
Title: Quick Man Stage
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: LeviR.star

Replacement Information:

Links to Existing Sheet: MUS | MIDI | PDF
Replacement Type: Challenge (new arranger)

LeviR.star

Continuing on with my Mega Man 2 replacements, we have "Quick Man Stage", theme of the most notorious stage in Mega Man history

You'll notice that I took a certain liberty from m. 9 through 16, and that involves replacing the original bass line with an inversion of the accompaniment pattern, rather than transcribing the bass line verbatim while omitting the accompaniment. This may come across as a controversial change, but with all due respect, I stand by it as this setup preserves the groove far better than the alternative. Aside from that, this is a pretty straight-forward arrangement.

Oh, and please change the sheet's title to "Quick Man Stage" :) Thanks!
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Latios212

Quote from: LeviR.star on April 11, 2024, 05:00:10 PMYou'll notice that I took a certain liberty from m. 9 through 16, and that involves replacing the original bass line with an inversion of the accompaniment pattern, rather than transcribing the bass line verbatim while omitting the accompaniment. This may come across as a controversial change, but with all due respect, I stand by it as this setup preserves the groove far better than the alternative. Aside from that, this is a pretty straight-forward arrangement.
This all looks good to me! No qualms, sounds fine and is reasonable to play.

Only correction to suggest, I think - second to last note in m. 19 LH should be G instead of F?

Quote from: LeviR.star on April 11, 2024, 05:00:10 PMOh, and please change the sheet's title to "Quick Man Stage" :) Thanks!
Will get that a bit later!
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

LeviR.star

Quote from: Latios212 on May 06, 2024, 05:26:23 PMThis all looks good to me! No qualms, sounds fine and is reasonable to play.

All right sick, thank you!

Quote from: Latios212 on May 06, 2024, 05:26:23 PMOnly correction to suggest, I think - second to last note in m. 19 LH should be G instead of F?

Thanks for catching that! Fixed, and files are updated too.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Latios212

Awesome! Looks good to me then :)

You cannot view this attachment.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Bloop

Only two small things I noticed:

-The accompaniment part in m15-16 seems to break for the echo effect for the melody, but I assume you kept the L.H. the same for consistency?
-m20: I hear a C below the Eb on beat 3 too

LeviR.star

Quote from: The Deku Trombonist on May 08, 2024, 05:53:47 PMI've updated the title.

Much appreciated.

Quote from: Bloop on May 09, 2024, 02:18:45 AM-The accompaniment part in m15-16 seems to break for the echo effect for the melody, but I assume you kept the L.H. the same for consistency?
-m20: I hear a C below the Eb on beat 3 too

- that's right; I didn't see any point in changing the bass line for a measure and a half, so I kept it going as-is
- I didn't even notice that re-strike, thank you for pointing that out.

Files are updated, thank you Bloop and Deku!

Bloop

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Bloop.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot