TWG CXXII: Rock Paper Scissors DEATHMATCH Postgame

Started by TheZeldaPianist275, April 30, 2024, 06:02:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Are you interested in participating in the next TWG?

Yes
6 (75%)
No
2 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 8

therealmathguy

Wow, not the team lineups I expected.

Night 1 I truthfully claimed faction to Oricorio in hopes of being on the same team or forming a short term alliance as mentioned in the message that we probably all got. I quickly regretted it realizing, yes, we all got the same or a similar message and allying was probably not the move.

Day 1/Night 2 I was contacted by MSF thinking we were on the same team. I don't know if it was honest or a bait, but he claimed null and given that I am a null, I didn't trust it. I wanted to play along though, so I pressed both Specs and MSF hoping to cross examine their claims (since Specs admitted to multiple PMs with MSF in main thread). I trusted Specs's claims and figured he must be Scissors reviver, and I was correct although my logic was flawed by misinformation I was given by MSF. I placed MSF as Scissors null (hence my null night 2) and I would have claimed Scissors reviver to MSF had I lived to day 2, hoping he had not figured Specs out.

I thought my team was BDS (after night 1) and maybe one of THC or Toby, but I hadn't communicated with them enough to figure it out.

SpecsFlyer17

D2, I really thought I was in a good spot to get MSF lynched, or at least force a KitB.

davy claimed Scissors to me and I figured he would vote MSF, and Toby claimed non-paper to me.

The vote rush on me was an insane surprise. davy had a vote on me, and when I saw Toby voted for me, I panic PM'd hard claiming Scissors reviver to davy in hopes he would change it.

Unfortunately, I sent that PM to davy before I rechecked the public thread, and MSF Instakilled me about a minute before I sent the PM.

Apologies to all for the inadvertent deathpost. Although it didn't really matter.
Current Breathing Mode: MANUAL

BlackDragonSlayer

The fact that MSF had a say in all three vigi kills N2 is the stuff of faction game legends :P All this behind-the-scenes stuff is very fun to hear.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Toby

MSF really pulled the strings on everyone

When Oricorio claimed to me I quickly put it together that he had claimed to multiple people and likely told some lies. I didn't want to play a game where I was getting twisted in fake alliances so I pressured him a bit of his claim and called it out, and his reaction told me he wasn't paper at all! But I didn't let him know I knew that

I knew that as the paper vig for my team I wasn't at threat of being friendly fire killed, so I was safe if no one from paper thought I was paper - the only downside is I wouldn't get revived if I died. But I decided to play an angle of looking like I wasn't paper so that rock and scissors won't go against me.

When I voted Oricorio claiming he wasn't my alignment (paper) and MSF joined on, I knew Oricorio must have shared with him that I wasn't paper, meaning that MSF must be paper!

I reached out to MSF and we started an alliance and quickly it was very apparent we were both paper and he was being a mastermind behind the scenes scheming away.

I was able to just to sit back a bit and let him do his thing, and when it came to day 2, because I was one of the few who kept my alliance unknown I had Davy and specs both reaching out trying to ally with me for the vote

I think me and MSF paired perfectly this game and I don't feel like I was ever a threat of being killed or lynched which was great.

MSFs passion this game was also great to see. I was checking into the game every hour and seeing 8 unread PM messages at a time just from him lol ! It's funny to see the game topic had so few posts compared to PMS

SpecsFlyer17

Honestly though... LowQualityTunes is the real MVP. ifyky

mastersuperfan

live footage of D2 lynch, colorized: https://youtu.be/PlRmzSG6o44?si=NLKlkkctIG10wYXW&t=728

alternatively:

TZP you said the video was not an esoteric hint about the game state but turns out it predicted exactly what happened

EDIT: if Rock had won I would have posted this: https://youtu.be/z53ImZFol-4?si=FIxFQjDXcwPFUv03&t=87
and if Scissors had won I would have posted this: https://youtu.be/lUmypC2aQi0?si=DfoWu5ClmbaKYrL5&t=48
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

TheZeldaPianist275

Quote from: mastersuperfan on May 01, 2024, 08:07:43 AMTZP you said the video was not an esoteric hint about the game state but turns out it predicted exactly what happened

I was going to save this for the write-up, but since you already pointed it out:

This video is exactly what ended up happening: Rock (Davy) struck a killing blow (started an insta) against Scissors (Specs), allowing Paper (MSF and Toby) to sweep him away in turn. Prophetic. Everyone pay attention to what I say in future games, I'm an oracle.

SpecsFlyer17

So the game was scripted. Unbelievable.

Memes aside, I wonder how a variation of this game would work out where a given faction's powers only worked against it's beatable faction in RPS. Example, the Scissors vigi could kill any Paper role (and maybe Scissors roles), but it would not work against Rock players.

Toby

Yeah I actually didn't realise until mid game that the rock paper scissors was purely just theme, I thought it was considered in the order of operations

mastersuperfan

Quote from: SpecsFlyer17 on May 01, 2024, 08:31:22 AMSo the game was scripted. Unbelievable.

Memes aside, I wonder how a variation of this game would work out where a given faction's powers only worked against it's beatable faction in RPS. Example, the Scissors vigi could kill any Paper role (and maybe Scissors roles), but it would not work against Rock players.

I think it might be a little broken for night abilities (I think that's why TZP didn't do it that way) but it might be really interesting for breaking KitBs in some way, or maybe 1v1 scenarios with two vigis left

I honestly feel like most rounds with this setup would end with either a kitb or a tie and that could be a cool way to avoid that while adding more strategy
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

mastersuperfan

looking back, I think it was a huge misplay for me not to consider ScissorsNullifier!Oricorio and ScissorsReviver!Specs as much as I should've — it's evident in hindsight that Specs (in topic + PMs) was pro-Oricorio for all of D1. I definitely should have had Toby shoot Specs instead of THC

ironically enough though, that maybe would have lost us the game, since Specs revived davy instead of Oricorio

a few curious questions I have left:

@Oricorio @SpecsFlyer17 out of curiosity, what was it that made you doubt K-NiGhT's claim? davy and I had our own reasons for knowing he was the real Scissors Vig, of course, but even THC and Toby were convinced from the main topic conversation alone that K-NiGhT was the real Scissors Vig. Was there something that K-NiGhT and/or davy said in PMs that threw you off? (also, at what point did Oricorio officially claim Scissors Nullifier to Specs?)

@Oricorio What was your plan for handling me down the line? You seemed awfully willing to give me free info D1 — was there a reason for that? When you said that there shouldn't be any remaining living Paper claims, did you actually think davy was Paper?

@therealmathguy if I hadn't contacted you, who do you think you would have nullified N2?

Oricorio

Quote from: mastersuperfan on May 01, 2024, 03:12:40 PMlooking back, I think it was a huge misplay for me not to consider ScissorsNullifier!Oricorio and ScissorsReviver!Specs as much as I should've — it's evident in hindsight that Specs (in topic + PMs) was pro-Oricorio for all of D1. I definitely should have had Toby shoot Specs instead of THC

ironically enough though, that maybe would have lost us the game, since Specs revived davy instead of Oricorio

a few curious questions I have left:

@Oricorio @SpecsFlyer17 out of curiosity, what was it that made you doubt K-NiGhT's claim? davy and I had our own reasons for knowing he was the real Scissors Vig, of course, but even THC and Toby were convinced from the main topic conversation alone that K-NiGhT was the real Scissors Vig. Was there something that K-NiGhT and/or davy said in PMs that threw you off? (also, at what point did Oricorio officially claim Scissors Nullifier to Specs?)

@Oricorio What was your plan for handling me down the line? You seemed awfully willing to give me free info D1 — was there a reason for that? When you said that there shouldn't be any remaining living Paper claims, did you actually think davy was Paper?

@therealmathguy if I hadn't contacted you, who do you think you would have nullified N2?

I didn't trust K-NiGhT at that point because he wasn't responding to my PMs, which gave me the feeling that he might have been feeding people info. This was especially consolidated when you revealed when K-NiGhT last sent a PM to you, which was well after he last sent a PM to me.

As for you, I did have my own reasons for feeding you some of that info, mainly to weaken the positions of people I thought weren't a part of my faction like davy and Toby. But ultimately, I wanted to keep my "in" on someone from another faction. As I said, davy being Paper would have been true if all the Rock claims plus Toby were correct and K-NiGhT was legit, but I wasn't 100% certain of that being the case; given that K-NiGhT wasn't exactly being trustworthy at that point I couldn't entirely discount the possibility that davy was telling the truth, though Specs was more willing to believe that scenario than I was.

ThatHiddenCharacter

I knew as soon as I saw I died that msf was in contact with the Paper vigi and I screwed myself over. And as he already pointed out, I had a feeling I had vigi'd one of my teammates. Not that it mattered since K-NiGhT also targeted davy. Gg, everyone, this was a good game. Congrats, Paper!
Discord server (We have continental breakfast): https://discord.gg/ZuFJBF4

Jointers Discord server (We have continental music):
https://discord.gg/ehHWckpTzn

Ko-fi page (I have continental continents):
https://ko-fi.com/thathiddencharacter

therealmathguy

Quote from: mastersuperfan on May 01, 2024, 03:12:40 PM@therealmathguy if I hadn't contacted you, who do you think you would have nullified N2?
Good question, you reached out early enough where I was set on you the entire phase, but it would've depended on how the rest of my communications went. If everything happened the exact same way minus your involvement, it would've been Specs.