help with Drum Set

Started by Nana1Popo2, January 10, 2009, 05:34:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nana1Popo2

*moved from my Submission thread*

http://myfreefilehosting.com/f/ad835f4d9c_0.09MB
on the drum set part,
on the second page, the little diamond? wat would that be called? is it a ride bell? and wat is a ride bell (so i know)

thanx!

*EDIT* ok! reposted the link, and its the way i like it! ^_^ just need to write in the parts...
Kappa Kappa Psi, National Honorary Band Fraternity; ASU Alumnus '16; DCP '16

Brassman388

I can't get to the file simply because i don't own a 2009 program.

But what you can do is use the articulation tool, and use 34 on the list.

This should make the note a roll.

kotorfanboy

Nacho would probably know, I can send him here next time I talk to him.

mantis985

I dont like Finale Drums set...  The notes are set like how you would play on a keyboard.  I'd make one written like drum set music(HH-HT-MT-snare-FT-bass), and another, if you wanted a midi, to have the actual notes in the program for each drum.  You'll have to sharp/flat some notes.  I think snare is 7 1/2 lines below middle C, and bass is 8.  Hi-Hat is 6 lines, then flatted. 

Nana1Popo2

ok, cuz sometimes the roll or watever, i use is too long or doesnt play like i want it to

in other words, is there a way i can get the part i want to play to play like i said, without using grace notes?

and about the right parts, i know which i want to use already, its just getting the name of it on the line, cuz there's not enough room.......

The-Real-Link

Quote from: Nana1Popo2 on January 11, 2009, 08:11:17 AMok, cuz sometimes the roll or watever, i use is too long or doesnt play like i want it to

in other words, is there a way i can get the part i want to play to play like i said, without using grace notes?

and about the right parts, i know which i want to use already, its just getting the name of it on the line, cuz there's not enough room.......
Add a tremolo. Go to the articulations menu (The place where rolled chord symbols and trills and stuff are) and there will be three different tremolos an eigth (one line) a sixteenth (two lines) and a thirty-second (three lines). To do a drum roll you want the thirty-second. It's the on with three lines. This will make a drum roll. Hope that helps!

Nana1Popo2

yes, that does!
thanx! ^_^

*re-posts*

now all i need to do is figure out a way to write the parts in....

nacho2420

Unfortunately, as I've discovered, you can't correctly notate drum set music on Finale Notepad (2008)
because it doesn't have a percussion map.
A percussion map is a thing that sets all the drum notes to the correct spot on the staff.

For Example, on Finale Notepad 2008, this would play as a Bass Drum:

But on PrintMusic or higher (I think), this would play as a bass drum, which is the correct way to notate it:

If you are lucky and have a percussion map set on the instrument Drum Set, Here are the basic notations for Drum Set:

I hope this will clear things a little, but these things are hard to explain.

If you guys have any more questions, please ask.

Nana1Popo2

ok, that does help! ^_^

The-Real-Link

I have printmusic 2008, and yea....it sorta has a mapping system. sorta..... It's complicated.