[NDS] The World Ends With You - "A Lullaby For You (English Version)"

Started by RainbowTapir, January 11, 2009, 11:54:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RainbowTapir

Redirected to here

I recently bought, played, finished and fell in love with an amazing game for the DS, called The World Ends With You or Subarashiki Kono Sekai (literally, "It's A Wonderful World").

The final song in it... It sounds kind of bittersweet at first, but if you listen to it after having finished the game, it sounds so sad! And yet incredibly beautiful at the same time. I was wondering if someone could help me out with an arrangement for this?

If you could... that'd be amazing... thanks so much! :D
(Mostly, I want it for my friend's birthday -- she loves the game too, and this is her favourite song from it)

The song:
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=gNg6_yrmiR4

(I realise it won't sound the same without the drums and strings and stuff, but still. <3)

The-Real-Link

I've been meaning to pick up a copy of the game, as well as the soundtrack, I MIGHT be able to do an arrangement....I'm not going to claim it for sure. I've been REALLY, REALLY busy lately and have not had much time to arrange. So if someone else could work on it too, that would be awsome!!!! I know I can't work on it this week, because my aunt and uncle are staying at our house this week, and it's crazy!

RainbowTapir

Having played it recently, I can definitely tell you to buy it (if you like games of the type, that is, like Final Fantasy or Kingdom Hearts) -- fantastic game, with an amazing soundtrack :)

(I plan to buy the soundtrack at some point, quite possibly...)

And thank you in advance! Even if someone else works on it first ;D I know what it's like to be really busy all the time. OwO

The-Real-Link

Quote from: RainbowTapir on January 12, 2009, 11:06:16 PMHaving played it recently, I can definitely tell you to buy it (if you like games of the type, that is, like Final Fantasy or Kingdom Hearts) -- fantastic game, with an amazing soundtrack :)

(I plan to buy the soundtrack at some point, quite possibly...)

And thank you in advance! Even if someone else works on it first ;D I know what it's like to be really busy all the time. OwO
lol! If you hang around here a while you'll know what an RPG nut I am! I have all four Kingdom Hearts games, a ton of Final Fantasy, Mana, Fire Emblem, Shining Force, Breath of Fire, Tales of..., etc. I'm a really big fan of Square-Enix, and World Ends With You looks like one of the best things they've done in a long time. I've also become a big fan of Mistwalker, seeing as I love Hironobu Sakaguchi's work. I've also started to like Tri-Crescendo's stuff. (Formerly teamed with Tri-ace, they've made stuff like Star Ocean, Baiten Kaitos, and Eternal Sonata.)

RainbowTapir

Quote from: The-Real-Link on January 13, 2009, 07:20:27 AMlol! If you hang around here a while you'll know what an RPG nut I am! I have all four Kingdom Hearts games, a ton of Final Fantasy, Mana, Fire Emblem, Shining Force, Breath of Fire, Tales of..., etc. I'm a really big fan of Square-Enix, and World Ends With You looks like one of the best things they've done in a long time. I've also become a big fan of Mistwalker, seeing as I love Hironobu Sakaguchi's work. I've also started to like Tri-Crescendo's stuff. (Formerly teamed with Tri-ace, they've made stuff like Star Ocean, Baiten Kaitos, and Eternal Sonata.)

Sweet! You're like, my twin :D
(And yeah, I just found this place, but I DO plan to hang around for a while cos it seems awesome ;D)

I haven't actually played all that many RPGs (okay, a fair few, but not THAT many XD) which upsets me; I don't even have KH D:

But yesyesyes, definitely get TWEWY. It's fantastic. <3

The-Real-Link

LOL. Most of the games I've bought recently have been RPGs. Since I know you have a DS, might I suggest Final Fantasy IV? It's EXCELLENT!!!!!

RainbowTapir

WOAH.
*just looked up the DS version*
AWESOME! XD

I think there's a slight chance I may have played the original, but I don't remember...
In any case, I'll have to look into that/buy it, thank you!! ;D

The-Real-Link

If your going to go shopping for a new RPG just ask me, and I can suggest quite a few good ones! ;)

RainbowTapir

That'd be awesome, thanks - when I go looking for a new game to play (ie. I get bored of doing the extras on TWEWY) I'll let you know ;D

I don't mean to rush anyone, but is there any update on this? (ie. whether you'll be able to at all?) :) Not that I mind...

The-Real-Link

Quote from: RainbowTapir on January 22, 2009, 11:04:41 PMThat'd be awesome, thanks - when I go looking for a new game to play (ie. I get bored of doing the extras on TWEWY) I'll let you know ;D

I don't mean to rush anyone, but is there any update on this? (ie. whether you'll be able to at all?) :) Not that I mind...
I probably won't be able to get to it for about a month. I've got a piano competition next month, and I've got to get ready for it. I am also trying to get a special arrangement of "Hey Jude" by the Beatles done for my friend's birthday. I'll try to get to it as soon as possible, but I can't promise anything. Sorry about it, but I'm just REALLY, REALLY busy right now! Spring is when all my piano competitions are, so that's when I'm the busiest.

RainbowTapir

That's not a problem ;D Thanks for doing it at all :]
Yeah, I know how it feels when everything's piling up on you! Good luck with the piano competitions <3

RainbowTapir

Hey, haha. No rush :) Just wondering if it's still okay for you to maybe be able to do that?

No worries if not ^^

Shadoninja

Moving to fulfilled to reduce clutter.

Discussion of this song shall take place here
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman