News:

Using cutting-edge ray tracing technology, our sheets appear 69% more realistic than the leading bargain brand!

Main Menu

Anime and Manga suggestions.

Started by The-Real-Link, January 24, 2009, 11:39:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jompa

Quote from: Roz~ on February 25, 2014, 02:51:50 PMAlso I wanted to watch Cowboy Beepop but I was told it sucks, true/false?
Couldn't be falser! It should be very safe to assume that I've spent at least one thousand hours on watching anime, and even through all that Cowboy Bebop is still on my top 3. Not to destroy my neutrality in this, but for me It's one of those anime that have influenced my life the most.
If someone told you that it sucks, they either haven't seen it, or they're just trolling you
Birdo for Smash

Roz~

Oh, I can tell you they're not trolling me, they just really hate it I guess. But since the big majority of people tell me it's good I'll give it a shot :)
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

Pit0010

Quote from: fingerz on February 25, 2014, 12:40:01 AMThat sums up One Piece for me, except for that fact that it's "every time", not "sometimes". :P

ahaha you don't know what I mean when I'm talking about Battle Royale bro...

The drawings are too realistic and weird...plus there is some bloody mature scenes in dere...
like terrible terrible scenes...like I got eye cancer from dem xD

I don't read One Piece! You know that! I watch the anime! ><
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on January 15, 2015, 07:20:41 PM
AUSSI
"Sorry to keep you waiting!'
~Pit, Kid Icarus Uprising ♥

Me youtube channel!: http://www.youtube.com/user/Pit0030

Yugi

Isn't the anime really poorly paced though, like 1 chapter an episode?

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: Roz~ on February 25, 2014, 04:12:22 PMOh, I can tell you they're not trolling me, they just really hate it I guess. But since the big majority of people tell me it's good I'll give it a shot :)
Yeah, I haven't seen nearly as much anime as Jompa, but Cowboy Bebop is easily my all-time favorite anime(though Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood is pretty close). I didn't even realize there were people who hated it, I didn't think it was possible. It's just so cool. Like, if anything about the show stands out, it's the unrelenting coolness of the whole thing. An awesome noir, jazzy, beat generation kind of coolness that just sets it apart from every other show.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Pit0010

Quote from: Yugi on February 25, 2014, 08:53:42 PMIsn't the anime really poorly paced though, like 1 chapter an episode?

i don't think so...well I actually haven't read the manga...

Probably about 2-4 chapters in one episode...and some extra features like maybe more fighting and more shots of the enivornment and stuff xD
AUSSI

Bubbles

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on February 25, 2014, 10:09:27 PMYeah, I haven't seen nearly as much anime as Jompa, but Cowboy Bebop is easily my all-time favorite anime(though Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood is pretty close). I didn't even realize there were people who hated it, I didn't think it was possible. It's just so cool. Like, if anything about the show stands out, it's the unrelenting coolness of the whole thing. An awesome noir, jazzy, beat generation kind of coolness that just sets it apart from every other show.
Better than Brotherhood? Holy shit. I'm watching it as soon as spring break comes (if not sooner)

Roz~

Quote from: Yugi on February 25, 2014, 08:53:42 PMIsn't the anime really poorly paced though, like 1 chapter an episode?

I know someone who's both watching and reading the anime, and yeah, apparently the anime is really poorly paced. But it doesn't stop anyone from really like One Piece =P
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

fingerz

Quote from: Pit0010 on February 25, 2014, 08:16:53 PMThe drawings are too realistic and weird...plus there is some bloody mature scenes in dere...
like terrible terrible scenes...like I got eye cancer from dem xD

I don't read One Piece! You know that! I watch the anime! ><
Oh gosh, eye cancer... Well, I don't read manga or watch anime, so no problem there. I just end up watching it when people are. I had to watch Attack on Titan for some reason not too long ago and it scared the shit outta me! NEVER am I watching something like that again... O.o

I know, I know! I'm just stirring, dat's all. :3
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

Bubbles

I started Kill la Kill :P So far its like DBZ with magical girls

And I was not expecting Senketsu to have a deep man's voice. That was a weird surprise

Pit0010

Quote from: fingerz on February 27, 2014, 04:35:34 PMOh gosh, eye cancer... Well, I don't read manga or watch anime, so no problem there. I just end up watching it when people are. I had to watch Attack on Titan for some reason not too long ago and it scared the shit outta me! NEVER am I watching something like that again... O.o

I know, I know! I'm just stirring, dat's all. :3

haha dats scary? poor joey xDDD
I only read dah manga...
AUSSI

Jompa

I have a huge grin on my face right now, and that's because...
the second season of "AKB0048" just got dubbed!! :D Damn that show is good. There was one episode where I actually cried 17 times!!!
I am going to re-watch it~~~
Birdo for Smash

Jompa

I just started re-watching "Princess Tutu" <- Everyone get off your asses and sit down and watch it right now!
If you like Utena or Penguindrum this show has very much the same atmosphere, and the story is very Utena-like. It's a weird but intellectual show, and has a lot of comedy - and I mean good intellectual comedy that actually makes you laugh out.
Very good show. Just a warning; it's a Magic Shoujo.
Birdo for Smash

Andoing

watched Eyeshield 21

Here is a little summary of that anime its very funny

Kobayakawa Sena is a freshman in highschool. Despite his previous decisions to change his life, he finds himself in the exactly same place he was in during elementary school and junior high: a push over and an errand boy. However, this changes when Hiruma, the most feared person in his school and president of the American Football Club, notices Sena and forces him to join the Football Team. Now Sena will become Eyeshield 21, a mysterious running back with lighting fast speed.

SuperFireKirby

Bought Tekkonkinkreet off Amazon on a whim after remembering seeing it in a gaming magazine years ago and thinking the art style was neat, plus it's only 4 bucks new. And I gotta say, I definitely got my 4 dollars worth.

The movie focuses on two orphans, Black and White and their adventures in Treasure Town, a run down portion of the city they inhabit, as they deal with yakuza, weird alien dudes, and their own insanity. The story is cool and well done(though it does get a bit fuzzy at times), the characters are nicely written, the action scenes are great, and the animation is FLAWLESS. Not to mention the whacky art style, which is totally coll and it stars one of my personal favorite voice actors, Scott Menville as Black. An absolutely excellent anime movie, I highly recommend it.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!