Main Menu

Should I buy a PS3?

Started by White Wolfos, March 27, 2009, 07:38:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should I buy a PS3?

Yes
No - get an Xbox 360

White Wolfos

I want to buy a new console (I only have a Wii), but I am in doubt between an Xbox 360 and a PS3. Right now I think I will buy a PS3, since its graphics are (a little) better, has blu-ray, and I am more fond of its exclusive games than the Xbox's. What I'll probably do is wait until E3 to see both parties' new plans. Suggestions?

BTW - I really don't care much about playing online.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_Ajt7TAwy4

Tranzlater

The graphics are the same, it's just they can fit more stuff onto blu-ray discs, so they can put on slightly higher quality graphics.

I'd say XBox, unless you want a blu-ray player, have an HD TV or like Killzone more than Halo (you must be insane if you think the latter, however).
Your call in the long run. My friend has been doing a tally for Xbox or PS3 recently, and they were about equal. The PS3 is getting a hell of a lot more worth it now, however.
Quote from: Arison The Bat
oviosly so far i've only got "little unmature kids" to respond to this thread
After months of mediation and exams, I return.
Probably not for long.

KefkaticFanatic

Wait till after E3.  There might be price drops and you should just think about the games.  Buy the one that has the games you want.

me irl
[close]

WiiMan96

Yeah, wait 'til E3. I personally think that the PS3 has better exclusives (not a huge fan of FPSs) and the PSN has some great titles as well. The only reason you should prefer an XBox 360 over a PS3 is due to the XBox Live Arcade, which you have to pay for but I hear is awesome. But as you say, you don't like online, which probably leaves you with a PS3. I recently chose a PS3 over a 360 and I haven't regretted it. LBP!  ;D

KefkaticFanatic

Frank tells me LBP is kinda awful.

me irl
[close]

Concerto No.20 in D minor

Wtf, frank and I play lbp all the time, it is probably the most awesome game ever

Brassman388

Concerto No.20 in D minor

mantis985

just buy the PS3 already!  ::)

Brassman388