mozart
2 (14.3%)
beethoven
8 (57.1%)
cannot say
4 (28.6%)

Total Members Voted: 14

dahans

http://www.shvoong.com/humanities/410643-comparative-composers-mozart-vs-beethoven/
i think this article is really interesting please have a look at it. In my opinion you cannot say that someone is better. It depends on the music taste u have. I like beethoven more, because of his piano sonatas and the symphonies. But if we compare the both Mozart has composed a lot more and might be more famous than beethoven. what do u think?
Check out my arrangements! I mean it! Check them out!

SirIngusBingus

dahans

i fully agree with u :) and why did u vote for beethoven?

Shadoninja

"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

SuperFireKirby

I personally enjoy Mozart more though both were amazing composers. It was a tough descision but in the end Mozart is my preference. And Beethoven was probably equally as famous as Mozart.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

SirIngusBingus

Quote from: dahans on April 25, 2009, 11:13:57 AMi fully agree with u :) and why did u vote for beethoven?

I went with Beethoven because of the incredible emotion he put into his works. I have this mug at home that I think portrays my thoughts very well. It says "Bach gave us God's word. Mozart gave us God's joy. But Beethoven gave us God's fire."

Don't think I don't like Mozart's music, because I do, but Beethoven was just so much more powerful.

dahans

i have no idea who is more famous. But i think that mozart might be more popular in the world. Although Beethoven's 9th Symphony is in my opinion epic. I really must say that i like both but Beethoven is my personal favourite.

Brassman388

dahans

wow that's pretty interesting most of the people vote for Beethoven. I hadn't expected that before.

Magus Darkwind

I would have to say Mozart, but tell me, why isn't Bach on the list, because Mozart were lighter pieces, but Bach's were simply amazing, his time signatures change, his volume, I'd say Beethoven was in the middle of Mozart and Bach,
PS Bach is my favorite
Necrophobe: "Enough of this! DIE!!!"
*casts flare*
Gilgamesh: "I believe that's MY line!!!"
*Self-destruct* They both die

blah54

the common populace know them as sonata in c and fur elise respectively...

anyways, i'd choose beethoven if given the choice just because mozart's stuff is far too precise and exact for my liking and beethoven's symphonies are great...
It's on a need-to-know basis that you don't need to know.

dahans

Quote from: blah54 on April 29, 2009, 12:48:57 PMthe common populace know them as sonata in c and fur elise respectively...

anyways, i'd choose beethoven if given the choice just because mozart's stuff is far too precise and exact for my liking and beethoven's symphonies are great...
What do you mean by sonata in c? C sharp minor? This would be the moonlight sonata and I think that's what you mean. Otherwise you could mean Pathétique in c minor and (I play it) it's wonderful too.

blah54

i was referring to the mozart one... the one that's so common that it's used as a ringtone for cell phones, like beethoven's fur elise...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqrSULskGoo

It's on a need-to-know basis that you don't need to know.

SuperFireKirby

C Major is my favorite for that song. That just made my day right there.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

dahans

Oh yeah I know it I played it myself, beautiful.
But in my opinion Beethoven composed more beautiful sonatas.