News:

NinSheetMusic is the LARGEST video game sheet music archive on the entire internet worldwide!

Main Menu

something i am really interested in...

Started by dahans, April 26, 2009, 02:24:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dahans

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on April 29, 2009, 01:56:07 PMI think classical music might comeback but probably not. As the time changes, so does the majority of the poulation's taste in music. 20 years ago it was long haired metal bands. Ten years ago it was hard rock, alternative when it was still good, hip-hop that was actually decent, ska punk, and metal. Now its super heavy metal, rap and the queer bag Jonas Brothers. I bet that by 2015 the majority of the population will have moved on to some other form of muic.
That's an interesting point of view... This is possible in my opinion.
Check out my arrangements! I mean it! Check them out!

SirIngusBingus

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on April 29, 2009, 01:56:07 PMI bet that by 2015 the majority of the population will have moved on to some other form of muic.

Polka Metal.

Quote from: dahans on April 28, 2009, 10:14:45 PMAnd SirIngusBingus I want to go to your school! This sounds amazing. REALLY EVERYONE? In my school there are two who listen to classical music and this in Austria.
What about concerts? Are there a lot in your country? (I mean classical music) Due to the Haydn Year, there are so many concerts, sometimes 3 a day.

In my school, there are maybe 40 who hang around in the music building, and 1600 total. That's 1/40, or 1.5%.

Are there Classical Concerts in America? Sure. Always. But America is huge. And to go to a concert like that, you often have to be in the right place. I am privelidged enough to live in NYC, and there are concert halls on half the streets. But, they can be expensive to go see, and therefore are most often just used for school trips.

Sorry about this resoponse taking so long, but I've been out a few days.

dahans

Quote from: SirIngusBingus on April 30, 2009, 11:57:27 AM
Quote from: SuperFireKirby on April 29, 2009, 01:56:07 PMI bet that by 2015 the majority of the population will have moved on to some other form of muic.

Polka Metal.

Quote from: dahans on April 28, 2009, 10:14:45 PMAnd SirIngusBingus I want to go to your school! This sounds amazing. REALLY EVERYONE? In my school there are two who listen to classical music and this in Austria.
What about concerts? Are there a lot in your country? (I mean classical music) Due to the Haydn Year, there are so many concerts, sometimes 3 a day.

In my school, there are maybe 40 who hang around in the music building, and 1600 total. That's 1/40, or 1.5%.

Are there Classical Concerts in America? Sure. Always. But America is huge. And to go to a concert like that, you often have to be in the right place. I am privelidged enough to live in NYC, and there are concert halls on half the streets. But, they can be expensive to go see, and therefore are most often just used for school trips.

Sorry about this resoponse taking so long, but I've been out a few days.
Oh that's no problem. I didn't know that there are so many concerts. In Austria it's not that expensive I think. Between 30 and 70â,¬. And what concerts have you visited yet?

SirIngusBingus

I've seen a lot, so I can't remember too well. Recently I saw a concert by the National Chorale, doing the Requiem.

dahans

by Mozart? I have got a really good link with all the 27 piano concerts, if you are interested iI could post it...
But there is something which has recently come to my mind. If you go to a classical concert, you see only old people. In 50 years' time they will be all dead and this generation hates classical music. And if there won't be a change soon, I fear that in the future there will be less concerts. Is there anyone thinking the same?

SirIngusBingus

I'm not worried. People get older, so there will always be old people. And anyway, not everyone hates classical music in this generation. Also, teachers will always bring their students to concerts, so there's really not a big problem.

dahans

maybe you are right. But I hope that there will be a change soon. Just a small one and I would be satisfied.

ftp://193.219.14.37:21/pub/
And here is the link with all the 27 mozart piano concertos. It is maybe a big file (I think 600 MB) but the quality is good.

Brassman388

Where in the world do you find all this music!?!

dahans

Well... :D Do you like it? Or should I stop posting it? If you want I can create a new topic with EVERY music I have. And where do I find all this music? Yeah this is a secret :). But I am so friendly and will post the links. And if you need any music, do not hesitate to ask me, I would be pleased if I could post more. I think that's the most important thing of a forum. I give you something and you give me something.

Brassman388

NO! Don't stop posting!

But creating your own topic sounds like a pretty good idea. Just so that way, all these links are everywhere on the site.

Other than that, i love you music. Keep it all coming.

SuperFireKirby

Ahhhh... the beauty of a masterpiece.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

dahans

I think I will make a Mozart topic, a Beethoven, a Schubert, a Schumann (Haydn is already done :)) and so on
and have you already downloaded the 9 Beethoven Symphonies on piano? I advise you to do this, really good music.

SuperFireKirby

I shall do this act and be victorious over thy foe who has been struck by thy sword in haze of this night.(dont know what the hell im sayin there) (well...kinda)

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

dahans

SuperFireKirby