News:

Local man invests life savings into turnips. When asked whether it was a wise decision he responded, "Eh. I'm sure someone will buy them."

Main Menu

Concerning NSM and game music...

Started by dahans, May 09, 2009, 02:43:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dahans

Quote from: G-Han on June 07, 2009, 02:22:41 PM
Quote from: dahans on May 09, 2009, 02:43:35 PMSomeone (I don't want to say any names) said that I and everyone, who likes video game music or NSM, just listen to video game music because they want to be different. I am really furious about that. And I am really interested in your opinion, because this would mean that I am a psycho and I don't want to be one. Maybe I tend to like being different but this person said that this leads to the fact that I will lose all my friends and so on. So I am asking you and the members of NSM: Are you all psychos just because you like game music? In my opinion not, but I want to know what you think.
Nah, maybe you're 'nerdy' if you listen videogame music (or, in my opinion, someone with a good taste of music), but who cares? In the past, I used to hide my love for this genre a bit, but these days I don't give a crap. My iPod is filled for a good 60% with video game music, and an additional 20% of anime soundtracks. There are some really talented composers in the game-industry, Masafumi Takada for example, which aren't recognized like how they should be.

I fully agree with you, thanks.
Check out my arrangements! I mean it! Check them out!

MetroidHunter26

Quote from: Gamer4250 on May 10, 2009, 08:28:12 AMI listen to game music all the time.  Music is music. 
I totaly agree
Quote from: Gamer4250 on May 10, 2009, 08:28:12 AMAlso, never share your music.
::) realy now...naw I'm just kidding.

kirby_superstar

when i first joined he used to do regular updates *sigh*

i was also there when he announced that he'd stop coming to the site, more or less

and when frank left, sorta anyway
x = y + 1. Where x = current post count, and y = previous post count.

Gooch

People often refer to me as an odd duck for my strange habits, since I am one of the weirder types in the Marching Band. However, out of all the things people criticize me for, listening to VG music isn't one of them :) Human nature dictates that they should alienate those that they see as different. Basically, it is culture, geography, and your social group that determines your status. Where my friends and peers may not alienate me (and sometimes praise me) because I downloaded 83 Banjo-Tooie songs last night, if i were to switch location or schools, I might be labled as what you call "psycho". Personally, i do not believe anyone should be labled as psycho or different because of what they have in their iTunes.

WiiMan96

Video game music is the best kind. Awesome similarity between most music: NO LYRICS. For whatever reason, I enjoy music more when there is no singing. :P

Cool story, just a month or two ago I was asked to do a performance in my mandatory music class. I chose piano, and played the second section of my "Gangplank Galleon" arrangement. Though I sucked royally, I gots myself a 10/10, and my teacher asked who composed it. "Dave Wise, from a video game soundtrack. Donkey Kong Country." Taken aback she was, unimpressed she was not.

EPIC WIN.  ;D

Palagerini

I listen to all kind of music. There's not a genre that I absolutley do not like atleast 1 song from. Classical, Rock, Techno, Rap, Country, Pop, Emo, Jazz, Church music, Mariachi, Gay Boy Bands (ahaha Just kiddin). I mainly like video game music because I can play a lot of it on my trumpet. I don't play piano at all (which would explain why my arrangements are almost always wrong) so when I download a song from here I rearrange it into trumpet. It makes me play trumpet more and thus I get bettererest =P. No I am not going to go into a night club and start blasting the Underground Theme from Mario. If you look at a lot of the popular music, you really can't play it on a band instrument (heh, but I try anyway. CLIFFS OF DOVER ON TRUMPET FTW!!!!). So you are mostly stuck with old music. (Atleast for me) It is very slow and boring (to play on trumpet) and so I need something a bit up to pace. So that's were video game music comes in. If you look on my mp3 player you will find it mostly filled with Classic Rock and Rap. However I do have my share of video game music. So yea. Video Game Music For The Win. 
Conversation on Shoddy Battle:
<death09>my girlfriend broke up with me and sent me pix of her and her new boyfriend in bed
<ktp753>ouch.
<death09>yeah. i sent them to her dad

Before you post you might want to make sure you have a couple of these: ..!!??,,,

Feel free to place them wherever.

dahans

Tranzlater

Quote from: WiiMan96 on July 18, 2009, 02:13:45 AMVideo game music is the best kind. Awesome similarity between most music: NO LYRICS. For whatever reason, I enjoy music more when there is no singing. :P

Cool story, just a month or two ago I was asked to do a performance in my mandatory music class. I chose piano, and played the second section of my "Gangplank Galleon" arrangement. Though I sucked royally, I gots myself a 10/10, and my teacher asked who composed it. "Dave Wise, from a video game soundtrack. Donkey Kong Country." Taken aback she was, unimpressed she was not.

EPIC WIN.  ;D

I do some arranging in lessons =P
Quote from: Arison The Bat
oviosly so far i've only got "little unmature kids" to respond to this thread
After months of mediation and exams, I return.
Probably not for long.

Dalonzo

Well I always get scolded by my dad because he says I'm playing useless songs. I believe that there are video game songs that are superior to some classical piano songs (IMO, I'm not that much into classical). And it's actually how I learn to play the piano, I've been coming here and other sites for about 3 years and it's all I can play, I've never taken a piano class, and the only song I know that isn't VG is 'fur Elise'. One time I told him I was playing a classical song (some russian guy I can't remember the name), and played the dire dire docks song and he even aplauded, and to this day he doesn't know I played a VG song that day.

Oh and my Ipod is 50 % video game songs, but I disable the shuffle option. I don't care what people say, god save those who like it, fuck the ones who don't (IMO)

WiiMan96

Quote from: Tranzlater on July 30, 2009, 12:20:10 PMI do some arranging in lessons =P

I'm picking music as an elective in Years 9 & 10, and one thing we'll be learning is how to 'arrange other people's music'. Who knows? I might finally be able to arrange by ear eventually:D

ALPRAS

My Ipod is filled with about 60% of video game music (most of them, Mario Galaxy and Nuts & Bolts) and other 40% with classical music

dahans

Quote from: ALPRAS on July 30, 2009, 02:14:57 PMMy Ipod is filled with about 60% of video game music (most of them, Mario Galaxy and Nuts & Bolts) and other 40% with classical music
30%game music 69% classical 1%I forgot

WiiMan96

Eh, 80% game music, 20% other the 314 songs in the Brawl soundtrack make up more than half of the songs on there. :P

Jamaha