News:

All Hail President Bowser!

Main Menu

STAR TREK

Started by Brassman388, May 10, 2009, 12:31:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brassman388

I swear, I've never seen a single Star Trek show or movie. But that was pretty darn epic.

What about you guys?

SirIngusBingus

I'll be seeing it in a few hours.

EDIT: Ok I just saw it and it was AWESOME. This set of actors were actually better than the original set, and all the nostaligic references were awesome. Zach Quinto (Sylar-Heroes) was the perfect young Spock, and seeing Leonard Nimoy (original spock) was really cool. Scottie was pretty amazing, too.

As a fanboy, though, I have two complaints. (Spoilers) First, why was Spock making out with Uhura? That was...stupid. Second and most importantly, THEY CHANGED THE WHOLE TIMELINE! Spock's mother and Kirk's father shouldn't be dead, and Vulcan certainly shouldn't be destroyed. Unless they fix everything in the already-announced-follow-up movie, the production team could have a lot of angry nerds on their hands.

KefkaticFanatic

It's kickass, and I'm fairly sure that they REALISE that they changed the storyline, moron.  That was the point.  This way they can do whatever they want with future films or even a series.

I saw it in IMAX with the best seats.  Only had to get there 30 minutes early. :)

me irl
[close]

SirIngusBingus

I know they realize it; I'm just unhappy about it. You don't need to call everyone a moron, Gamer.

Brassman388

It still was pretty damn epic.

KefkaticFanatic

I don't understand why you're unhappy.  The other storyline still exists, it's just in an alternate timeline.  Stop bitching about such a stupid thing.

me irl
[close]

Brassman388

It's funny that you say that. Because, they acually say that in the movie itself. Kinda funny, I think.

Magus Darkwind

I am surprised at how it turned out, it wasn't perfect, there were a few wierd parts, like Spock and Uhura, Kirk...and well, tell me this, how did a 24th century starship get pulled into the blackhole while a 23rd century one was able to escape when there was so much more red matter? But, all things considered, it was a great turn-out.
Necrophobe: "Enough of this! DIE!!!"
*casts flare*
Gilgamesh: "I believe that's MY line!!!"
*Self-destruct* They both die

SirIngusBingus

I wonder how they're gonna run the next movie. They could end up restoring the timeline, they could leave it, or...they could even make a TV series around the new timeline. Unlikely, but an awewsome concept. Personally, I'm hoping they'll do something with The Wrath of Khan, as they are now open for remakes.

I can't watch Heroes anymore now that I've seen Zach Quinto as Spock. I can't take him seriously as Sylar.

Magus Darkwind

I agree, my father was having a real hard time with him the entire movie
*casts flare*

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: SirIngusBingus on May 10, 2009, 05:46:39 AMI'll be seeing it in a few hours.

EDIT: Ok I just saw it and it was AWESOME. This set of actors were actually better than the original set, and all the nostaligic references were awesome. Zach Quinto (Sylar-Heroes) was the perfect young Spock, and seeing Leonard Nimoy (original spock) was really cool. Scottie was pretty amazing, too.

As a fanboy, though, I have two complaints. (Spoilers) First, why was Spock making out with Uhura? That was...stupid. Second and most importantly, THEY CHANGED THE WHOLE TIMELINE! Spock's mother and Kirk's father shouldn't be dead, and Vulcan certainly shouldn't be destroyed. Unless they fix everything in the already-announced-follow-up movie, the production team could have a lot of angry nerds on their hands.

I was a little PO'd about the messed up timeline at first but then I remembered that by going into the past the entire timeline got altered. And I'm guessing the Spock from the future(played by Lenard Nimoy, BEAST!) is from the what we used to know as star trek.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Magus Darkwind

Yeah, I'd figure it was him
*casts flare*

SuperFireKirby

I mean I think the Spock from the future is from the alternate universe that was in the original startrek.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

KefkaticFanatic

Of course he is, they made it obvious.

me irl
[close]

SuperFireKirby

well most people wouldnt realize it if it jumped around them and bit them on the ass.