News:

oh god how did this get here I am not good with computer

Main Menu

Howcome nobody plays piano?

Started by Zintendo, May 21, 2009, 03:32:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SirIngusBingus

I'm sorry, but as I have stated on GMW, I hate the viola with a passion. No offense to any viola players, but I despise the instrument.

blah54

doesn't hugo play viola?

but why hate it? it's an easy instrument to ignore granted... it needs to be there, but it almost never gets the spotlight, but that makes it the easier to ignore...
It's on a need-to-know basis that you don't need to know.

kirby_superstar

thats ok, i saw that post
i dont play viola
no offense taken
x = y + 1. Where x = current post count, and y = previous post count.

SuperFireKirby

I ignore the viola with a passion.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

dahans

I don't ignore it, but I just like the viola in the big orchestra. A solo performance is unbearable!
Check out my arrangements! I mean it! Check them out!

Pyre

The thread is a few months old, but I figure'd I'd contribute...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfTnXlcmMfQ

I do record myself occasionally. That's my most recent one.

SuperFireKirby

That was really good, but seriously, whats with the gloves?

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Pyre

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on July 07, 2009, 08:48:09 AMThat was really good, but seriously, whats with the gloves?

Wrist supports. I injured my hands a few years back (Combination of Band camp, 3rd movement of Moonlight Sonata, and WAY too much playing...).

The gloves usually keep them from swelling up.

HungryDragon

dahans: Oh, I LOVE pathétique :) Can't decide though whether the 1st or 2nd movements are my favourite. But I'd probably have to go with the 1st XD

I would love to learn it, but having Erb's Palsy doesn't help the situation at all :( Can only hold my arm out past the C above middle C only for about a minute before it wants to die.

And that's why I don't have videos. I still play, but nowadays it's getting to the point that after 10 or so minutes, I just can't play anymore.
Credit to Strecno for the avatar! | MY SUBMISSION THREAD

ALPRAS

Quote from: HungryDragon on July 07, 2009, 10:05:34 AMdahans: Oh, I LOVE pathétique :) Can't decide though whether the 1st or 2nd movements are my favourite. But I'd probably have to go with the 1st XD

I would love to learn it, but having Erb's Palsy doesn't help the situation at all :( Can only hold my arm out past the C above middle C only for about a minute before it wants to die.

And that's why I don't have videos. I still play, but nowadays it's getting to the point that after 10 or so minutes, I just can't play anymore.

Thats terrible!! I kill myself if that happens to me... At least ive already played Pathetique :P I like both 1st and 2nd movs., because they are so different and good that......i cant explain :P

dahans

Quote from: HungryDragon on July 07, 2009, 10:05:34 AMdahans: Oh, I LOVE pathétique :) Can't decide though whether the 1st or 2nd movements are my favourite. But I'd probably have to go with the 1st XD

OMG I am really sorry for you. This must be hard. Recover soon!
Check out my arrangements! I mean it! Check them out!

HungryDragon

Quote from: dahans on July 08, 2009, 01:10:05 AMOMG I am really sorry for you. This must be hard. Recover soon!

It's a pre existing condition, so it won't be 'cured' At least it only affects my right arm. The fatigue comes from my elbow being out at a funny angle. Sorta goes out sideways while I play :P That's what's most frustrating. Tend to bump quite a few things.

Quote from: ALPRAS on July 07, 2009, 05:08:00 PMThats terrible!! I kill myself if that happens to me... At least ive already played Pathetique :P I like both 1st and 2nd movs., because they are so different and good that......i can't explain :P
Yeah, it sucks  :P

Back on topic:
I just got a crazy idea; I do a song using just my left hand... Record each part and do a sort of 'self duet' sorta like this. Might be weird to do that, just because my right arm may jump in because it'll feel left out :P
Credit to Strecno for the avatar! | MY SUBMISSION THREAD

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: HungryDragon on July 08, 2009, 12:03:07 PMBack on topic:
I just got a crazy idea; I do a song using just my left hand... Record each part and do a sort of 'self duet' sorta like this. Might be weird to do that, just because my right arm may jump in because it'll feel left out :P
That is genius.

MaestroUGC

Quote from: HungryDragon on July 08, 2009, 12:03:07 PMBack on topic:
That's been done before...look up concertos written for the left hand, you'll find at least two or three. Though it is an interesting take on it...just don't make simple and "tinkly". Good Luck.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

ALPRAS

One of them is the Left Hand Concerto from Ravel...