MaestroUGC's Virtuoso Submissions *Nihil*

Started by MaestroUGC, June 18, 2009, 10:58:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaestroUGC

I keep forgetting to fix my links.

And this isn't exactly a standard transcription that this site accepts, so if you want to make one for the site go for it.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Sebastian

The Deku Trombonist

MaestroUGC

Sebastian

Quote from: Deku Trombonist on December 06, 2014, 02:46:29 PMWhat's wrong with the current one?
Idk.....what do you think?
I think it needs redone or spiced up.

MaestroUGC

Remember when I used to make piano arrangements?

So we're at the end of the 4th Arrangement Contest here, and the theme this time is Theme and Variations. The requirements were to have at least 5 variations, one had to be in a different meter, and one had to have a mode change. As host I couldn't play this time around, but considering I've done stuff like this in the past (i.e. 90% of my arrangements), it was probably for the best.

That wasn't to say I wasn't going to participate. Since today was the deadline, I figured I should post mine here, for posterity.

Realms of Familiarity
Variations on "Darkworld" from The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
MUS
PDF

- Theme: The original, the classic, the masterpiece by Kondo.
 - 1: Contrapunctus - Counter themes and varied orchestration.
 - 2: Augetur - Augmentation of the rhythm, characterized by strong hits on the strong beats, with a nod to Bruckner for good measure.
 - 3: Equus: Link and Epona, riding through the Darkworld
 - 4: Tympano et tibia: A simple take featuring solo winds and a prominent timpani solo, glissandi abound!
 - 5: Mortis: Funeral march.
 - 6: Volatus: Flight, and a nod to the finale of Sibelius' Fifth.
 - 7: Nox: The Dark World at night.
 - 8: Iberia: The Spanish Dark World, filtered through Rimsky-Korsakov.
 - 9: Magnus finis: Grand Finale, a combination of the finales of Beethoven's 7th, Brahms 1st, and Schubert's 9th.

Bespinben

.....................................Y u no conduct Symphony of the Goddess?

Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

MaestroUGC

Quote from: Bespinben on January 23, 2015, 10:22:57 PM.......
.....................................Y u no conduct Symphony of the Goddess?
I have not been approached for the position. You can get more money when they come to you for stuff, rather than going to them.

Bloop

That was veeerrryyy cool! ^^ Loved Iberia! The ending of the ending wasn't as powerful as I thought it would be but nonetheless, awesome!

FireArrow

Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

MaestroUGC

Took me about three weeks all things considered, once I finally decided what I'd be doing. I kind of wanted this to be a sort of link between the two different worlds of VG and classical music, calling back to the past with several subtle and not-so-subtle nods to the outlined composers and works.

Iberia was practically a full overlay of Rimsky-Korsakov's Spanish Capriccio and the melody, as well as a vamping figure I been working with as the foundation for an original piece I'm working on. The finale loses it's punch, I think, because it's only digital. I didn't include it in the score but part of the "show" of it all is to have the solo violinist, who's been playing this rather nimble ostinato the entire time, to follow the momentum of the transition and literally jump out of his chair for the final variation, where he's got a real functional solo.

At any rate You can probably expect more stuff like this in the future. Everybody needs a hobby, and mine might as well be Classicalizing Video Game music.

Brassman388

MaestroUGC

You feel amazed and astounded by the pure brilliance and majesty of this piece.

Maelstrom

Quote from: MaestroUGC on January 25, 2015, 03:43:26 PMYou feel amazed and astounded by the pure brilliance and majesty of this piece.
I know I am at least....
Not that that counts for anything..........

Brassman388

Quote from: MaestroUGC on January 25, 2015, 03:43:26 PMYou feel amazed and astounded by the pure brilliance and majesty of this piece.

Well, it's not that I don't find your work a lack of there of. It's just I'm not as educated as you are in the different forms of orchestral styles that are engraved into your work. So, from my point of view, I feel as if I wouldn't be able to give a notable opinion other than the standard, "that sounded good."

What I do get a sense of is the passion for both sides; the video game fusion into its earlier roots.

I'm sure Rimsky Korsakov would be impressed. And for what it's worth, I am as well.