Whats your fav. game ever?

Started by ALPRAS, June 20, 2009, 02:11:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jub3r7

By being awesome. B)

Okay, so I wasn't able to save her in the first play through...  :'(
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

fabbemannen

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on July 08, 2011, 01:37:03 PMBUT HOW DO YOU SAVE CURLY?
You remember the doctor earlier that gave you that jump-thing?
If you didn't get it you could get the towrope and save Curly

Unfortunately I didn't. That was one of the saddest moments in my gaminghistory (no, I havn't played FF7)

KefkaticFanatic

Quote from: fabbemannen on July 08, 2011, 02:41:16 PM(no, I havn't played FF7)
Not that it would matter, FF7 is a bad game with unlikable characters.

me irl
[close]

SWMadness

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on July 09, 2011, 12:30:07 PMNot that it would matter, FF7 is a bad game with unlikable characters.

It's not perfect, granted, but I think that's a bit harsh. I was pretty turned off by the gratuitous amount of hype that the game gets (or used to get, it seems), but after going back through it a second time there were a lot of things that I missed on a first playthrough and made me realize how many little details and neat touches were put into it. If anything, I think FF7 suffers from poor pacing, since the first act in Midgar up through the flashback sequence is terrific, and then it sort of peters out the farther you get into it.

The trouble is with separating FF7 itself from the rest of the compilation. FF7 is pretty good, but gets dragged down by all the unnecessary and badly-written fluff that gets added thanks to Advent Children and all the other games tacked onto the story.

Dudeman

I know they're not actually console games, but my favorites would have to be Need for Madness? and Need for Madness?! Toooo?!
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Roz~

Quote from: SWMadness on July 09, 2011, 05:46:46 PMIt's not perfect, granted, but I think that's a bit harsh. I was pretty turned off by the gratuitous amount of hype that the game gets (or used to get, it seems), but after going back through it a second time there were a lot of things that I missed on a first playthrough and made me realize how many little details and neat touches were put into it. If anything, I think FF7 suffers from poor pacing, since the first act in Midgar up through the flashback sequence is terrific, and then it sort of peters out the farther you get into it.

The trouble is with separating FF7 itself from the rest of the compilation. FF7 is pretty good, but gets dragged down by all the unnecessary and badly-written fluff that gets added thanks to Advent Children and all the other games tacked onto the story.

Crisis Core is actually a great game and Advent Children is a good movie. The only game that's kind of meh is Dirge of Cerberus, but I personally enjoy it. Saying that they're dragging down FFVII is complete bullshit. The game was okay, but that's it. Not as brilliant as FFVI.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

SWMadness

Quote from: Roz~ on July 11, 2011, 07:32:09 PMCrisis Core is actually a great game and Advent Children is a good movie. The only game that's kind of meh is Dirge of Cerberus, but I personally enjoy it. Saying that they're dragging down FFVII is complete bullshit. The game was okay, but that's it. Not as brilliant as FFVI.

The only thing I don't like about the Advent Children movie is that they decided to competely erase Cloud's entire character development from the original game and made him brood and angst all over the damn place, because they thought that characterization is what players would remember more.

It's thanks to that retcon the his subsequent cameos and appearances in other games have been much of the same and he's gotten the reputation of being "emo" when that's not his character at all. Sure, in the original game he went through a period of emotional trauma but he had a very good reason for it, and a major part of his character arc was moving PAST that trauma and dealing with it rather than hiding behind illusions. Now he's all mope mope mope angst angst every time he appears in a game and I'm pretty sick of it.

Pikminmaniac

I'd have to go with my good ol' buddy Pikmin 2. That game had EVERYTHING!
-meaty single player
-over 200 collectables
-gameplay so unique and fantastic, it's like nothing else
-30 challenge stages to master (score based. Get a purple flower on a stage by not losing a single Pikmin)
-encourages speed runs
I accomplished everything (including purple flowering ever challenge stage) in this game and it was worth it!

blueflower999

Quote from: Pikminmaniac on July 28, 2011, 08:29:07 AMI'd have to go with my good ol' buddy Pikmin 2. That game had EVERYTHING!
-meaty single player
-over 200 collectables
-gameplay so unique and fantastic, it's like nothing else
-30 challenge stages to master (score based. Get a purple flower on a stage by not losing a single Pikmin)
-encourages speed runs
I accomplished everything (including purple flowering ever challenge stage) in this game and it was worth it!
YES, YES, AND YES AGAIN!  :D
Bulbear! Blueflower999

Pikminmaniac

Quote from: blueflower999 on July 28, 2011, 12:55:40 PMYES, YES, AND YES AGAIN!  :D
My goodness! You are my bestest pal! Pikmin and Mother are the best! You should see my Mother collection! I have a japanese statue of Ness, Japanese Novel and guidebook to the first game, and every single Japanese version of every Mother game in its original package!

triforced1

Quote from: SWMadness on July 12, 2011, 09:14:12 AMThe only thing I don't like about the Advent Children movie is that they decided to competely erase Cloud's entire character development from the original game and made him brood and angst all over the damn place, because they thought that characterization is what players would remember more.

It's thanks to that retcon the his subsequent cameos and appearances in other games have been much of the same and he's gotten the reputation of being "emo" when that's not his character at all. Sure, in the original game he went through a period of emotional trauma but he had a very good reason for it, and a major part of his character arc was moving PAST that trauma and dealing with it rather than hiding behind illusions. Now he's all mope mope mope angst angst every time he appears in a game and I'm pretty sick of it.
^this. I liked him in FFVII and that was it.

blueflower999

Quote from: Pikminmaniac on July 28, 2011, 04:06:37 PMMy goodness! You are my bestest pal! Pikmin and Mother are the best! You should see my Mother collection! I have a japanese statue of Ness, Japanese Novel and guidebook to the first game, and every single Japanese version of every Mother game in its original package!
Really? Awesome! I only have EarthBound and EarthBound Zero for my NES. I'm going to get Mother 3 soon. Should I? Is it good?
Bulbear! Blueflower999

Winter

Omg pikmin 2 was my life for like a month.

blueflower999

Me too. I CAN'T STAND THE WAIT FOR THE THIRD.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

Winter