News:

New to the site? Introduce yourself here!

Main Menu

What are you playing right now?

Started by ALPRAS, July 14, 2009, 02:30:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SuperFireKirby

Portal is a fantastic game. But Bastion is better.

Also, Dark Souls is just fucking torture.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on July 13, 2013, 09:46:54 PMPortal is a fantastic game. But Bastion is better.

Also, Dark Souls is just fucking torture.
It's a matter of opinion which to play first, I'd say (but, yes, both are great games).

Also:
*hiss* Nerf...
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Zunawe

Just so you know, I had already finished Portal by the time I had posted that. I tried out Bastion, and it's cool (make that epic because of The Stranger's narration), but I'm interested in other stuff for now. I really want to play Dark Souls, but the controls are terrible as [insert horrifying idea/object/creature here] for PC, so I'm going to see if I can find a friend to lend me a controller. I'm actually taking more of an interest in Borderlands right now. I do not recommend soloing it with Zero if you get frustrated easily.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

BlackDragonSlayer

I doubt many/any of you know what I'm talking about, but:
I like how in the game Comet Crash, in an oddly irritating way, the waves of enemies adjust to you. For example, on the Helios Resurgence map, the enemy started by sending tons of scouts (or tanks?) at me, until I fought them back with Pulsars and Thieves, at which point, they started producing more Switch units (which temporarily negate the Pulsars), and replaced their Scouts/Tanks with Drones, noting my lack of Laser defenses. :P
When I finally beat the map, I ended with an epic showdown, sending my full army of 900+ drones at them, prompting a counterattack by their 900+ drones (too late for them, however!).

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Zunawe

Finished Bastion. If you've played it and want to talk, don't spoil anything, just PM me about it.

It was a great game. The story picks up a little closer to the end, but it's a good ending. The narration part of it was cool, I enjoyed it, and his voice is great. He narrates the entire story and most of your actions as well as explaining what other people say for almost the entire game. The only other voices you hear are gibberish spoken by some enemies as they attack you.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

GaryOak

I just started Chrono Cross. I've been playing it for 10 minutes and I already love it.
In Finnish hunting culture it is common for hunters to shoot everything that moves, sometimes even themselves.

Quote from: Saria
I love you. <3
Quote from: Bubbles
I love you
Quote from: Waddle Bro
<3 u2 Gary

BlackDragonSlayer

I just finished Legend of Zelda: So Many Mario Cameos it's Practically a Mario Game With Link in it (a.k.a. Link's Awakening) DX!! I like the way the game used the side-scrolling sections though, unlike... an earlier game in the series... :P

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

TheZeldaPianist275

Link's Awakening is SO GOOD.

And hey, I actually liked Zelda II D:

SlowPokemon

Zelda II was stupidly difficult and tedious :P I played for an hour and a half and didn't find myself anywhere. All the other Zelda games I've played were better, even the first one xD
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Nebbles

In Burgh's gym on my White 2 challenge mode nuzlocke. Still have a team of 6, all around level 20-21.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

TheZeldaPianist275

Quote from: SlowPokemon on July 20, 2013, 04:45:44 PMZelda II was stupidly difficult and tedious :P

Oh, I completely agree.  I think it's easily the worst in the series.  But I actually found myself enjoying it once I put a LOT of time into it.

Yugi

SlowPokemon

Quote from: TheZeldaPianist275 on July 20, 2013, 06:15:23 PMOh, I completely agree.  I think it's easily the worst in the series.  But I actually found myself enjoying it once I put a LOT of time into it.

Awesome :D I didn't have the patience quite honestly xD I'm glad to know it gets better though :)

Quote from: Nebbles on July 20, 2013, 04:50:34 PMIn Burgh's gym on my White 2 challenge mode nuzlocke. Still have a team of 6, all around level 20-21.

Cool! What's your team?

Nebbles

Right now, it's Skitty, Golbat, Miccino, Swadloon, Elekid and Woobat.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

SlowPokemon

Crobat + Swoobat = epic bat combo
Delcatty + Cinccino = epic cute combo
And the other two are just awesome.