What are you playing right now?

Started by ALPRAS, July 14, 2009, 02:30:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roz~

Imho WWHD is only worth it if you haven't played it yet/don't own the GC version. The 3DS is a must have though. There are so many great games on the system it's incredible
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

SlowPokemon

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on September 29, 2013, 07:01:48 PMIs it worth getting a 3DS and/or Wii U?  I mean, Dark Moon seems pretty awesome, and wind waker HD is a must I think, then you have SSB's and the next Zelda but is that it?  Or are they making like a new Mario kart that I'll be able to play for months?(and rage at for months further)

A Wii U isn't really worth it unless you are a diehard fan of Zelda or haven't played the original Wind Waker, or if you really want Pikmin 3. However, that may change soon, with Smash Bros. and Mario Kart and the rest on the way.

A 3DS on the other hand, as Roz said, has so many great games it's incredible. Here are my favorites (arranged in alphabetical order):

Animal Crossing: New Leaf
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
Mario & Luigi: Dream Team
Mario Kart 7
New Super Mario Bros. 2
Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask
Super Mario 3D Land
Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward

^I'd consider every one of those games at least an 8 out of 10, and most of them a 9 or above. And then there are the games that I haven't played but have been really well received, like Kid Icarus Uprising and Fire Emblem Awakening, and all of the virtual console and digital 3DS games that are available via the eShop. And upcoming games like Pokemon X and Y, the new Ace Attorney, and the next two Professor Layton games look to be very good.

Basically, get a 3DS and you'll never put it down. All I can say is to definitely get the XL though; it's more expensive but the regular 3DS doesn't even compare. Take advantage of the new Pokemon themed systems haha, they'll be sold out everywhere soon enough.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Yugi

Star Fox 3D
Metal Gear Solid 3
Resident Evil

SlowPokemon

Echo

Style Savvy: Trendsetters is the greatest 3DS game, arguably the greatest game of all time.

More on-topic, I've been going through Ni no Kuni and Kingdom Hearts 1.5 ReMix with my friend lately. Kinda makes me wish I had my own PS3.

Oh, and Elite Beat Agents has been eating away at my spare time at home because my roommate's a fan too. Gotta work on my high scores to beat him. >_>

SlowPokemon

Ni no Kuni looks soooo good. It has a beautiful soundtrack (Hisaishi is the greatest man ever) but I really wish I could play the game. Level-5 and Studio Ghibli by themselves are already great, but together they sound beautiful.

mikey

Quote from: SlowPokemon on September 29, 2013, 08:29:43 PMA Wii U isn't really worth it unless you are a diehard fan of Zelda or haven't played the original Wind Waker, or if you really want Pikmin 3. However, that may change soon, with Smash Bros. and Mario Kart and the rest on the way.

A 3DS on the other hand, as Roz said, has so many great games it's incredible. Here are my favorites (arranged in alphabetical order):

Animal Crossing: New Leaf
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
Mario & Luigi: Dream Team
Mario Kart 7
New Super Mario Bros. 2
Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask
Super Mario 3D Land
Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward

^I'd consider every one of those games at least an 8 out of 10, and most of them a 9 or above. And then there are the games that I haven't played but have been really well received, like Kid Icarus Uprising and Fire Emblem Awakening, and all of the virtual console and digital 3DS games that are available via the eShop. And upcoming games like Pokemon X and Y, the new Ace Attorney, and the next two Professor Layton games look to be very good.

Basically, get a 3DS and you'll never put it down. All I can say is to definitely get the XL though; it's more expensive but the regular 3DS doesn't even compare. Take advantage of the new Pokemon themed systems haha, they'll be sold out everywhere soon enough.
What's the difference between XL and normal?(besides screen size...)
unmotivated

Waddle Bro

Much better battery life and a 4GB memory card instead of the usual 2GB.

mikey

Hmmm...
Is it weird if I don't think it's worth it?  I mean my brother's friend has an XL and it feels like it's made for little kids.  Besides, how am I going to fit it in my pocket?  Doesn't it have a micro-SD slot for additional storage?  So it would mainly be for battery life, but as long as I charged it overnight that wouldn't be much of a problem...
unmotivated

SlowPokemon

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on September 30, 2013, 05:44:22 AMHmmm...
Is it weird if I don't think it's worth it?  I mean my brother's friend has an XL and it feels like it's made for little kids.  Besides, how am I going to fit it in my pocket?  Doesn't it have a micro-SD slot for additional storage?  So it would mainly be for battery life, but as long as I charged it overnight that wouldn't be much of a problem...

The display is 13457744 times better than the regular one. I used to have a normal 3DS and upgrading was one of the best decisions I ever made. This coming from someone who hated the DSi XL.

mikey

unmotivated

Roz~

I don't think the display is that different. I have a regular 3DS and my roommate has a 3DSXL, and honestly... there's not much of a difference. I carry my 3DS around a lot, and sometimes I carry my roommate's XL around, and the 3DSXL feels so cumbersome. I really don't like it.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

Pit0010

OK So I bought Kid Icarus and Legend of Zelda on the Wii U...
MAN IT'S CRAZY HARD....If you die...U START RIGHT AT THE BEGINNING AGAIN...TT^TT

and I bought the Art Academy on the Wii U and it's sweet as
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on January 15, 2015, 07:20:41 PM
AUSSI
"Sorry to keep you waiting!'
~Pit, Kid Icarus Uprising ♥

Me youtube channel!: http://www.youtube.com/user/Pit0030

JDMEK5

Quote from: Pit0010 on September 30, 2013, 04:49:37 PMOK So I bought Kid Icarus and Legend of Zelda on the Wii U...
MAN IT'S CRAZY HARD....If you die...U START RIGHT AT THE BEGINNING AGAIN...TT^TT
You mean Zelda? Which one? (The Wind Waker remake I presume)
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

MasterProX

Quote from: Yugi on September 29, 2013, 08:42:15 PMStar Fox 3D
Metal Gear Solid 3
Resident Evil

Haven't played. YES. YES.

Quote from: SlowPokemon on September 30, 2013, 05:49:40 AMThe display is 13457744 times better than the regular one. I used to have a normal 3DS and upgrading was one of the best decisions I ever made. This coming from someone who hated the DSi XL.

This is exactly why I'm getting a 3DSXL (eventually). Especially now that they released it in Black as opposed to Red or Blue.