News:

Spotted an error on the main site? Let us know!

Main Menu

What are you playing right now?

Started by ALPRAS, July 14, 2009, 02:30:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yugi

Quote from: SlowPokemon on November 24, 2013, 06:07:38 PMBecause it's one of the best games in history? Lol
I don't know, I found the N64 version really hard to get into and play.

FierceDeity

Quote from: Yugi on November 24, 2013, 08:24:50 PMI don't know, I found the N64 version really hard to get into and play.
Hahahahahahahahaha what.

Elaborate, or I will hereby discredit your opinion for all of eternity.

Yugi

I don't really know, coming into it after playing both Batman Arkham games probably made it hard for me to play, considering the difference in quality between the two of them.

I had a look at the DS version, however, and it seems to be bearable, provided that I mess around with the controls.

tl;dr: It hasn't aged well and it's hard to play.

MaestroUGC

Quote from: Yugi on November 24, 2013, 08:42:42 PMI don't really know, coming into it after playing both Batman Arkham games probably made it hard for me to play, considering the difference in quality between the two of them.

I had a look at the DS version, however, and it seems to be bearable, provided that I mess around with the controls.

tl;dr: It hasn't aged well and it's hard to play.

...what?

The DS version had some awkward controls, sure it was playable, but not for extended periods of time. The original has aged very well, even if the original controllers haven't.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

FierceDeity

Camera angles are literally the only thing that's weird about it (and that's not too much different in the DS version, anyways). Everything else is seamless. If you're not used to the controller, you're not used to the controller, but it works just fine. Even then, controls are just one item on an extensive list of criteria determining a game's quality/whether it's aged well.

SlowPokemon

I think the controls on both versions are intuitive and easy to master. And if you're even attempting to compare the Arkham games with a masterpiece like Super Mario 64...
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Sebastian

Super Mario 64 is one of the best games ever

MaestroUGC

Quote from: mariolegofan on November 25, 2013, 10:20:02 AMSuper Mario 64 is one of the best games ever
mlf has spoken.

This matter is settled.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Waddle Bro

One does simply not question the thoughts of the mlf.

SlowPokemon

Sebastian

SlowPokemon

Can't get over the fact that you called it "bearable" like you don't even think it's good...I mean you have a right to an opinion but you might want to rethink that one.

Also weirdly enough I actually liked the DS version better. But both are great.

Yugi

I liked the DS Version, although I wouldn't consider it to be "BEST GAME EVER".

Also have you even played the Arkham Games Slow?

SlowPokemon

Played Arkham asylum and watched my brother go through half of Arkham City. It's a fine series but Super Mario 64 is way better imo

Dude

way to sound like every other nintendo fanboy ever. ::)