News:

We seem to have trapped one of the mods within the forum's code... and we're not sure how to get him out. Oh well, he'll figure it out!

Main Menu

What are you playing right now?

Started by ALPRAS, July 14, 2009, 02:30:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nebbles

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on December 08, 2014, 12:26:51 AMGuys, if you haven't played Transistor. It's basically the best thing since Bastion(both made by Super Giant Games). Not quite as good as Bastion, but still amazing none the less. Combat is great and inventive, the story is brilliant and brilliantly told, the art style is stunningly beautiful, and the soundtrack HOLY CRAP THE SOUNDTRACK. SOOOOO GOOOOOD.

I need to start Transistor, man. I've had it for weeks now.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

SlowPokemon

Quote from: maelstrom. on December 20, 2014, 06:35:22 PMAce Attorney Trilogy.
I'm on the final case of game one already.  :o

Omg I timed myself with the activity log. I finished the first game today and while the entire game took me about 23.5 hours, the final case alone (Rise from the Ashes) took me 10 full hours. Well, 9:59, but yeah. It's easily the longest case in the series. But it's also easily the best from the first game and it's got some really awesome moments.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

blueflower999

Bulbear! Blueflower999

SlowPokemon

Also idk if you're doing this but I REALLY recommend letting the text play at normal speed rather than speeding it up or skipping to the end of the line, even though for some reason this version of the game lets you do that from the beginning. You miss a lot of great script mechanics and timing by tapping through the text so fast.

Maelstrom

The Portal bundle (Portal, Portal 2) is 80% off, making it $4.99
You have no excuse. You must buy it.

mikey

Quote from: maelstrom. on December 21, 2014, 11:59:12 AMThe Portal bundle (Portal, Portal 2) is 80% off, making it $4.99
I don't have 5 bucks
unmotivated

SlowPokemon

Quote from: maelstrom. on December 21, 2014, 11:59:12 AMThe Portal bundle (Portal, Portal 2) is 80% off, making it $4.99

Damn, do you know when this sale ends? My laptop is at home and I'm stuck in Michigan for a week.

Maelstrom

Quote from: SlowPokemon on December 21, 2014, 12:01:52 PMDamn, do you know when this sale ends? My laptop is at home and I'm stuck in Michigan for a week.
http://store.steampowered.com/sub/7932/
46 Hours. You don't need to be on your computer to buy it, though.......

K-NiGhT

i'm waiting to get smash wii u but i really need to soon cuz i beat all of my other wii u games over break. also i got garry's mod on steam for free so there's that
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

KefkaticFanatic

Ya slow you can just make the purchases in browser and tell them to DL to your computer, or even just wait until later to start downloads :D

me irl
[close]

DrP

You can also make purchases from the Steam app on your phone!

FierceDeity

Also, the Valve Complete Pack is 75% off again, which includes both portal games, as well as everything from the Half Life series, Left 4 Dead series, Counterstrike series, and a bunch of other stuff. Maybe not so appropriate for you, slow, seeing as those are all essentially first person shooters, but even then, Half Life is such an altogether great game (also story-based, not multiplayer-based) that I think you'd still enjoy it. I'd also recommend it for the purpose of understanding the hype for HL3. I've only just finished the first game and the two Gearbox semi-sequels (idk what to call blue shift or opposing force) so far, but I can already assure you, the hype is real.

This pack is 24 games for $25.

KefkaticFanatic

Note that the original HL games are suuuuuuper dated and you probably won't enjoy them unless you really like FPS games, especially the older tuff ones

me irl
[close]

FierceDeity

Really? I thought it aged pretty well. And I'm not even that into FPS games. It had standard controls, a reasonable learning curve (plus lower difficulties if you want), and neat mechanics. And it's such a nice, nondisruptive method of storytelling. Plus, if graphics are a concern, it's always an improvement to play the Source version. Even then, rofl one of my suitemates walked in while I was playing the non-source version and was like "These are pretty good graphics!" (not even sarcastically; he's super unfamiliar with gaming aside from some older Nintendo stuff), and I'm like lmao this was made in 1998

KefkaticFanatic

I always thought that compared to newer games it had a much higher level of difficulty, plus a lot of unfriendly mechanics and a few slightly less intuitive level designs.  Of course, that is part of the appeal to some people :P

I actually never finished the Gearbox spinoffs though.  Couldn't push myself to play through them :x

me irl
[close]