News:

NinSheetMusic is the LARGEST video game sheet music archive on the entire internet worldwide!

Main Menu

What are you playing right now?

Started by ALPRAS, July 14, 2009, 02:30:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FierceDeity

I think as far as friendliness of mechanics goes, the combat was pretty intuitive (semi-auto aiming helped quite a bit), and you could always play on lower difficulties on that front. There are definitely a few puzzling/pathfinding aspects that weren't so intuitive, but this was kinda minimal in the original, in my experience. It was a lot worse in the gearbox spinoffs, I'll admit (blue shift isn't really worth playing imo, it's so short, adds nothing to the plot, adds no combat mechanics, and is basically just a game about pushing boxes with a little bit of combat here and there). Opposing force had some interesting new weapon mechanics, though. The only mechanic I found to be really annoying in all three was the way that ladders work. I was so bad at getting on from the top that I'd sometimes even save before doing so just in case I accidentally fell. Maybe crouch jumping seemed a little more intuitive to me just because I play so much TF2, but even that was explained in training mode if you needed it, and it was only ever necessary in OF.

But yeah, I felt that the combat especially was pretty solid; there haven't been too many leaps in basic FPS weapon mechanics since, imo. It essentially defined the genre

KefkaticFanatic

weee I've clocked 93 hours on Dragon Age Inquisition and I still have huge areas untouched.

me irl
[close]

FierceDeity

JUST FINISHED HALF LIFE 2

ASDFASDGAHREBJNAKFAJSHDFALJWEHJNADMBGHKRWASDVHAGEYIA

I NEED TO GET TO EPISODE 1, STAT

Pit0010

Kirby Triple Deluxe! It's pretty good so far and I always loved the puzzles in every Kirby game :P Always very original
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on January 15, 2015, 07:20:41 PM
AUSSI
"Sorry to keep you waiting!'
~Pit, Kid Icarus Uprising ♥

Me youtube channel!: http://www.youtube.com/user/Pit0030

Yugi

Ultra Street Fighter 4 has a feature that allows one to be able to upload fights to youtube, so I decided to use it to see if it worked and to try and show my play to some people. Needless to say, it worked, and now people can see me play games  :).

(also, you should like and subscribe)

Maelstrom

Playing AA justice for all. It's kind of jarring going to a game with nearly identical graphics and completely different music.

blueflower999

Quote from: maelstrom. on December 23, 2014, 09:02:58 PMPlaying AA justice for all. It's kind of jarring going to a game with nearly identical graphics and completely different music.
Get used to it, haha. They always change up all the court music and stuff while still occasionally using old themes.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

SlowPokemon

True. The first game goes on for so long that you get used to the courtroom themes as being there forever. You'll be used to this game's by the end haha, right in time for them to switch up again for the third.

Worth noting that episode 4 of Justice For All is my favorite case of the series, so hope you enjoy it haha.

In defense (no pun intended) of Justice For All's music, the cross examination theme is my favorite of the entire series, the Objection music is much better than the first game's from a musical standpoint, and the Trial theme is awesome. My favorite thing is how the music sounds a lot darker/scarier than the first.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Echo

Quote from: SlowPokemon on December 23, 2014, 09:08:50 PMWorth noting that episode 4 of Justice For All is my favorite case of the series, so hope you enjoy it haha.

It is a pretty fantastic case. I mean, I don't want to overhype it, but I consider it so good that I don't feel that it can be overhyped.

blueflower999

Quote from: Echo on December 23, 2014, 09:23:59 PMIt is a pretty fantastic case. I mean, I don't want to overhype it, but I consider it so good that I don't feel that it can be overhyped.
It's easily in the trifecta of the perfect finale cases along with 5-5 and E2-5.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

SlowPokemon

I would put 3-5 in that category too.

blueflower999

heck let's put all finales in that category because that's just how good the series is
Bulbear! Blueflower999

Yugi

Quote from: blueflower999 on December 23, 2014, 09:33:33 PMheck let's put all finales in that category because that's just how good the series is
Isn't 4-4 generally regarded as not being a very good case, though?

blueflower999

Quote from: Yugi on December 23, 2014, 09:38:15 PMIsn't 4-4 generally regarded as not being a very good case, though?
I don't know or care what the fandom as a whole thinks, but 4-4 had some of the best narration in the entire series in my opinion. I absolutely loved it.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

SlowPokemon

4-4 is a brilliant bit of narrative. It's kind of a masterclass in game writing. It just gets overshadowed because it doesn't have as much drama or high stakes antics as, say, 2-4 or 1-5.