News:

NinSheetMusic is 18 years old!

Main Menu

What are you playing right now?

Started by ALPRAS, July 14, 2009, 02:30:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KefkaticFanatic

The problem I have with Galaxy is that completing it is a super long task so it starts just feeling like a chore.  The difficulty hardly scales so most all of the game is super easy, and combined with the standard first party Nintendo complete lack of story I just get bored of the game.

me irl
[close]

SlowPokemon

Cool story, you're literally the only person I've ever met with that opinion tho
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

King Sammer

Oh ho! What a performance! And what exotic garb you drape yourself in, challenger!

Waddle Bro

Completing Galaxy with Luigi after you've completed it with Mario to 100% the game feels like a chore imo

K-NiGhT

I'm taking a break from Earthbound and have been trying out Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate for the 3DS. There's a lot of depth to this game and it feels like it'll take me forever to get through D:
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

KefkaticFanatic

Quote from: SlowPokemon on February 22, 2015, 06:08:49 AMCool story, you're literally the only person I've ever met with that opinion tho

Not surprised since your taste is pretty much all Nintendo, but it's a common complaint about Nintendo games I hear.  Also Galaxy is known to be overly easy :P

With computer rebuilt I am trying to finish up MGS Peace Walker so I can get straight to MGSV :D
Then I'll probably try to finish up Witcher 2 in time for 3... too much to play

me irl
[close]

blueflower999

Mario Galaxy isn't all that easy though. It's harder than, say, Kirby's Epic Yarn, and that's still a great game.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

mikey

I think I like SMG because it's just do whatever
sometimes games like that are fun
unmotivated

KefkaticFanatic

Quote from: blueflower999 on February 22, 2015, 12:21:18 PMMario Galaxy isn't all that easy though. It's harder than, say, Kirby's Epic Yarn, and that's still a great game.

Compared to 64 and Sunshine there is a drastic drop in difficulty.  Epic Yarn is stupidly easy yea, but it's also a different sort of game so I wouldn't directly compare like that :P  I have heard Galaxy 2 is more challenging so perhaps that can be a reference, but I haven't played so I can't say for myself.

me irl
[close]

Sebastian

Galaxy is fairly easy. Super Mario 64 is really easy (to me) since I've played it my whole life :P
And Sunshine is charmingly very difficult.

Maelstrom

Those commets were a pain.
Especially the Luigi purple coin one.

Magic Mole

Yeah, I don't know why, but Galaxy just felt kinda repetitive and boring after a while to me. I mean, it had great music and looked really nice, but Super Mario Sunshine will always be the best Mario platformer in my eyes. Of course, I have yet to play SMG2, which I've heard is extremely good. I really need to play that sometime... :P

jegilmer

Ah finally talking about games that I am familiar with!
I liked Super Mario Galaxy more than Super Mario Galaxy 2.
But I'd agree that Super Mario 64 and Super Mario Sunshine are my favorites.
Super Mario Sunshine's graphics were so good for the time it came out in my opinion. The most difficult part to me was the mini games! I hated the one with the Lilly Pad....

jegilmer

The very last level on SMG2 is pretty freaking hard.
Honestly I think I like the games so much because of the music and the diversity of the worlds. And the mechanics are awesome. Especially the way gravity works in SMG and SMG2.

MaestroUGC

The reason SMG was so easy was because it railroaded you in each mission, whereas as its predecessors let you figure out how to do things on your own.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.