News:

Need help with Finale? Have a question about arranging? NSM Resources is the place to go!

Main Menu

What are you playing right now?

Started by ALPRAS, July 14, 2009, 02:30:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sebastian

Quote from: Olimar12345 on April 14, 2015, 08:48:54 AMNo one here made the comment that super Mario Galaxy was NOT linear. We were comparing the two, and said that smg2 was MORE linear than the first one.

And I don't understand how you came to that conclusion when you formed your opinion about the music. All of smg music sounds essentially like smg1 music; they simply reused their formula for creating the pieces. The ost consisted of more remixes, and even reused some smg1 music.
I didn't say I hate the music, but it really isn't that original like Super Mario Galaxy which had great music. They were kinda lazy with the music in 2. Don't get me wrong, I like 2's music but 1's is much better.

The world map I actualy don't mind. I'm not a big fan of Lubba. They should of had Rosalina come back though......I mean she's kinda the face of Galaxy so it's just stupid not to bring her back :p
I just think the levels are much more fun than the original and they fixed a lot of things I didn't really like about the first. The more I think about it though, they are kind of equal. It's hard to pick one over the other. They both are great!
But it's no doubt in my mind that Super Mario 64 is better than both Galaxies.

About.....Super Mario Sunshine, I loved that game. There were 2 things I really didn't like about though.
1. Sheesh.....it was way to hard :p
2. No long jump?? That's like 3D Mario's trademark. They even brought back in 3D World (even though you don't need it in 3D World). I guess they took it out of Sunshine to encourage you to use F.L.U.D.D all the time.

One thing I can say for sure is this: I loved both Galaxies, 64, and Sunshine. It doesn't really matter which one is better than the other. They all have flaws and perfections. :)

Maelstrom

So, yeah. I played 999 over the past week or two.
What a game. I don't think I'll ever get over the safe ending.

And Bespinben needs to play it because it was developed by the same people as Pokemon Mystery Dungeon.

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Maelstrom on April 19, 2015, 02:58:39 PMSo, yeah. I played 999 over the past week or two.
What a game. I don't think I'll ever get over the safe ending.

And Bespinben needs to play it because it was developed by the same people as Pokemon Mystery Dungeon.

THAT LAST BIT OF LOGIC

That's so good I'm so glad you liked it. This is probably going to be the most annoying thing you've ever heard, but as incredible as the narrative of 999 is (and it's probably objectively the best story in a Nintendo DS title), Virtue's Last Reward's story is even better and more mind-bending so check that out if you can.

Who was your favorite character though I'm really curious

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

blueflower999

Bulbear! Blueflower999

fingerz

That game.

I remember playing that. It's more of an interactive novel than a game. I think I liked it.... It's hard to tell. I remember there being a lot of blood and heavy themes... Too much adult stuff for me to handle. XD

Still, I'd recommend it to someone into that kinda stuff.
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

Maelstrom

Quote from: SlowPokemon on April 19, 2015, 03:30:38 PMThat's so good I'm so glad you liked it. This is probably going to be the most annoying thing you've ever heard, but as incredible as the narrative of 999 is (and it's probably objectively the best story in a Nintendo DS title), Virtue's Last Reward's story is even better and more mind-bending so check that out if you can.

Who was your favorite character though I'm really curious
Well, I've got quite a few games I need to beat first, but it's on the list.
Random thoughts about characters and other stuff (Spoilers, obvs)
Spoiler
Ace -- Seems like a nice guy, but is really a psychopath.
Snake -- Never really liked him that much until the safe ending. After that, though, he's pretty high on the list.
Santa -- Really thought he was Zero after the coffin ending. Nope.
Clover -- It's kind of odd and slightly disturbing how a kid can go from a mentally unstable mass murder to a little girl who just wants her brother back.
Junpei -- Kind of a blank slate that everyone seems to choose to be the leader. Not too much personality, with the exceptions of his flashbacks to his childhood
June (Akane) -- Still don't quite understand what was going on with her. I think I went through a few lines of ending text too quickly.
Seven -- Pretty boring character until he starts getting his memory back. Then he's pretty good.
Lotus -- I still don't know why she is wearing that -_-    Probably the least predictable character who didn't turn out to be a mass murderer. She kind of took a back seat near the end, though

As for favorite, I'm not entirely sure. I kind of want to say Snake, but I have no way to back it up.  :P

Yes, in case you were wondering, I did stay up until 3:00 AM last night finishing that sudoku puzzle. I get all the 9s in it, but it still seemed slightly laughable that that was the ultimate puzzle

Is it odd that I got the coffin ending and the safe ending on my first two tries?
[close]
edit: Probably arranging Morphogenetic Sorrow sometime in the future.

SlowPokemon

Hey Maelstrom--go here for a fan Q&A with Kotaro Uchikoshi, director and writer of the Zero Escape series. This was published a couple months after 999 came out and it's not only interesting, but also very helpful for understanding the end (a lot of fans seemed to be as confused about Akane's character as you did). There aren't any spoilers for Virtue's Last Reward here as it hadn't been announced, let alone published, yet.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Maelstrom

Quote from: SlowPokemon on April 19, 2015, 04:43:53 PMHey Maelstrom--go here for a fan Q&A with Kotaro Uchikoshi, director and writer of the Zero Escape series. This was published a couple months after 999 came out and it's not only interesting, but also very helpful for understanding the end (a lot of fans seemed to be as confused about Akane's character as you did). There aren't any spoilers for Virtue's Last Reward here as it hadn't been announced, let alone published, yet.
Great read. Thanks. It makes quite a bit more sense now.

Yugi

beat sonic adventure

fuck sonic adventure

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Just beat Mass Effect 2 today... and I'm heartbroken because of the people who died...
what is shitpost

KefkaticFanatic

Nobody had to die :P  This means you either fucked up in team decisions, didn't complete loyalty missions, or didn't get all of the necessary ship upgrades.

However, it really is something pretty neat how you can play your own way and come out with this somewhat personal ending.  Some will be more significant than others in ME3, so you can see it more or less strongly impacting the storylines there as well.

me irl
[close]

Pianist Da Sootopolis

There were a couple loyalty missions I fucked up. (Thanes and Tali's, and Jack lost loyalty because I sided with Miranda during the argument, being the prick I am  :) )So, Jack, Thane, Tali, and Jacob died because I put him in the heat ducts.
what is shitpost

Magic Mole

Just finished Metroid Prime 2  :D
Metroid Prime easily falls within my top 3 favorite games of all time. No other game will ever be able to recreate the feel and environment of the Prime games. I think I liked the first one more, but to me it's like comparing perfect to amazing. Can't wait to play Prime 3  ;D ;D ;D
Spoiler
My favorite moment in Prime 2 might've been the first time I walked onto that bridge right outside of the Sanctuary Fortress. That view combined with the music is just breathtaking...
[close]

mikey

I thought prime was fun at first but I lost all drive to play it when my brother deleted my file
unmotivated

AwesomeYears

I remember when I accidentally deleted my cousin's SSBM files and was pissed at me whenever I mentioned Melee until 3 months ago where I unlocked all the stuff for him.