News:

change da world
my final message. Goodb ye

Main Menu

What are you playing right now?

Started by ALPRAS, July 14, 2009, 02:30:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maelstrom

It's just my opinion that most N64/PS1 games didn't age well. Including the ones you mentioned. Mostly due to early bad camera controls and painfully polygonal graphics. Majora's masked aged decently due to the required use of the expansion pack.
Of all the games I've played from that era, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night aged the best because it stuck to 2D graphics and felt like a SNES game with 2 times as much power.

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Maelstrom on August 20, 2015, 09:05:34 AMIt does look a little better when played on the Wii U, as it has a higher graphical output. (Although it is not nessicarily putting more processor power into it).

Imo, PS1/N64 era games have aged pretty badly, with a few exceptions.
It's the SNES games that really hold up today.

Tbh people say that about the N64, but I downloaded Super Mario 64 to my Wii U and played the whole thing back when it came out, after not touching the original I n years, and even without the nostalgia it's basically a perfect game besides the awkward camera controls. It's aged incredibly well, I was very surprised.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Sebastian

Oh yeah. The camera on some N64 games are a pain in the butt :P
The Banjos are surprisingly good camera-wise but Super Mario 64 not so much.

And there are many gems from SNES as well: Super Mario RPG (highly recommend), Mega Mans, Super Mario World, Yoshi's Island (SMW2), Castlevania, etc.

Quote from: SlowPokemon on August 20, 2015, 09:58:50 AMTbh people say that about the N64, but I downloaded Super Mario 64 to my Wii U and played the whole thing back when it came out, after not touching the original I n years, and even without the nostalgia it's basically a perfect game besides the awkward camera controls. It's aged incredibly well, I was very surprised.
^^

ThatGamer

Quote from: SlowPokemon on August 20, 2015, 09:58:50 AMTbh people say that about the N64, but I downloaded Super Mario 64 to my Wii U and played the whole thing back when it came out, after not touching the original I n years, and even without the nostalgia it's basically a perfect game besides the awkward camera controls. It's aged incredibly well, I was very surprised.

I wasn't around for N64, but had the remaster on DS. It was very good, one of my all time faves.
Quote from: Altissimo on August 29, 2015, 12:00:16 PM
Since I haven't heard from her personally I don't wanna be like "YO HERE'S THE CHATROOM OK"

blueflower999

Out of all the retro consoles, the SNES probably has the most games that would be fun for modern audiences. I prefer the NES personally but the SNES is just leaps and bounds ahead of it in most regards.

Also, I don't consider the N64 to be a retro console. It feels too modern.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

SlowPokemon

I think for the majority of games, I prefer SNES to NES, but I love Super Mario Bros. 3 more than anything on the SNES, so there's that?
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

MaestroUGC

The N64 is a retro console yet, retro anything is usually regarded as 30 years or older. Give it until about 2018 before you can start calling the N64 and PS1 retro.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Hero of Trains

Quote from: Dudeman on May 22, 2015, 06:24:42 PM
See guys? Trains isn't nice all the time.
Quote from: also Dudeman
Trains is so nice that I'm sure she'd resurrect herself for a few minutes to compliment you back

ThatGamer

Quote from: Hero of Trains on August 20, 2015, 11:19:26 AMThe N64 is older than I am.

Same ^

I think the N64 is older than a lot of us. It's 18, so any teenagers are younger than it.
Since I haven't heard from her personally I don't wanna be like "YO HERE'S THE CHATROOM OK"

MaestroUGC

The SNES is older than me, so it the Atari 2600. What's your point?

ThatGamer

Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 20, 2015, 11:36:18 AMThe SNES is older than me, so it the Atari 2600. What's your point?

Trying to get you to tell us your age

Just thought it seems interesting!

MaestroUGC

Are we talking cumulative age or how old my current incarnation is?

ThatGamer

Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 20, 2015, 11:42:09 AMAre we talking cumulative age or how old my current incarnation is?

Now we know you are an Indian reincarnationist too

MaestroUGC

Actually their philosophy is different than how I work, I self-reincarnate.

That whole "levels of life" thing is for the birds.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: ThatGamer on August 20, 2015, 07:53:51 AMSTILL playing SMG2? Wow, must really be a masterpiece considering it's 6 years old...
For a game, that's really not that old.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber