News:

All Hail President Bowser!

Main Menu

The person below me is...

Started by Dalonzo, July 31, 2009, 11:16:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikey

Atari Flashback 3 yo

The person below me is a Pinball Wizard.
unmotivated

Wolf

I guess?????

The person below me needs to spend the night for whatever reason.
The no.1 Star Fox nerd in Ninsheetmusic

Pit0010

haha yeah I got to perform in a concert from 8-10 tonight...-___- and then another one trwm

The person below me just sneezed
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on January 15, 2015, 07:20:41 PM
AUSSI
"Sorry to keep you waiting!'
~Pit, Kid Icarus Uprising ♥

Me youtube channel!: http://www.youtube.com/user/Pit0030

Maelstrom

Nope.

TPBM agrees that, while the NES has played an integral part in the evolution of video games, 90% of the games have aged terribly and are only worth playing b/c they are the originals.

FierceDeity

Nope. The idea that a more advanced game is automatically better is called "the engineering fallacy". Saying that is like saying that people who played Space Invaders back in the day were only able to enjoy it because there was nothing better around. They were equally as entertained with it as we are with modern games, possibly more so.

That's not to say that there haven't been improvements made; I do still think that the original Legend of Zelda is probably the worst game in the series (aside from certain unmentionable ones). That doesn't mean I don't still find it fun. "Aging terribly" is only a thing in the minds of people who get used to the aesthetics of modern games, and let that get in the way of their enjoyment of older ones. I can still find board games, card games, arcade games, etc. to be fun, even though they're vastly "outdated", because challenging or interesting game mechanics will remain that way, regardless of the package in which they're presented.

The person below me wants more than anything for me to stop arguing for once.

mikey

You strike me as the sort of guy who's a Pinball Wizard.

The person below me has no idea what a Pinball Wizard is.
unmotivated

Maelstrom

Yep.

And, FierceDeity, I don't automaticly say just because something is newer, it's better. After all, Chrono Trigger is one of my favorite games. But most (not all) NES games show the major limitations of the hardware. The first Zelda game is just too confusing: don't get me wrong, I hate hand-holding. But there is no direction whatsoever. And, the rest of the games that lack the punishing difficulty have laggy controls (Urban Champion). There are still some good games worth playing, like super mario bros. 3 and whatever kirby game there was. But besides those games, I haven't really had fun with any other NES games. This may sound weird, but I think the gameboy aged much better, despite having similar hardware Just looked it up. It's GPU was 4 times more powerful. This just happens to be my "cutoff point" where the limitations of technology and game design experience hampers my experience. And, while I'm at it, many N64 games have aged badly graphicly, but not necessarily gameplay wise. Majora's Mask is possibly my favorite Zelda game ever, despite my hate for N64 graphics.

TPBM didn't take the time to read all that.

braix

How'd you know?

The person below me isn't very social.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

SlowPokemon

You got it.

The person below me...idk has brown hair?
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Maelstrom

Black/Really dark brown.

TPBM enjoys metroidvania games.

McDucky

Yup. 

The person below me is not American

Maelstrom

Wong

TPBM is surprised  Fierce didn't continue our little pointless debate.

Sebastian

Quote from: maelstrom. on May 17, 2014, 06:26:29 AMWong

TPBM is surprised  Fierce didn't continue our little pointless debate.
Very

TPBM is very excited right now :)

braix

Quote from: mariolegofan on May 17, 2014, 07:05:41 AMVery

TPBM is very excited right now :)
I'm getting a computer & a guitar this summer. :D

The person below me loves cardboard.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Maelstrom

Only when I'm destroying it with sharp objects

Quote from: zoroark1264 on May 17, 2014, 03:05:33 PMI'm getting a guitar this summer.
What kind?

TPBM is wearing a hat.