News:

Congratulations!! You, yes, YOU, dear user, have been selected for the "You Read This News Item" award! Click here for your prize!!

Main Menu

The Deku Trombonist's Arrangements

Started by The Deku Trombonist, August 28, 2009, 11:34:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cobraroll

Yeah, a lot more readable, at least!

Listening to the original song, the "fanfares" (for the lack of a better word) are a lot faster than I had remembered. I always thought they were five notes in rapid succession, but they turn out to be more like how you wrote them. In other words, your sheet is more accurate than I thought it was. Well done!

And Waddle Bro, I'm still around, from time to time. It's just that I have a lot more to do now than earlier, and the discussions in here either go way above me (the music stuff) or are a little too internal (the Off-topic section is basically a chat room for a few members, it seems). I still visit NSM every now and then, though, and will continue to do so, hopefully. Nice to see that activity is still going strong on this forum, though main site updates appear to be just as infrequent as they used to be.

May I use the ocassion to ask Deku, an uploader: How long does it take to approve and upload one sheet to the main site? Is it a quick enough task that it could be done regularly (say, once a week) to keep the main site somewhat active? If the uploaders plan a little ahead, make a schedule and keep each other in check, we could get sheets to the site at a regular pace, at least, without sucking too much of the uploaders' time. With five uploaders working together, each of them would only have to commit X minutes of their time every fifth week, which wouldn't be too bad. Having updates on the front page is also what makes visitors come back to NSM. It shows that there is activity, that the site isn't dead. One sheet a week is very little, but at least it's more than nothing.
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

The Deku Trombonist

The Deku Trombonist

A friend requested I do this...

[Wii] Mario Kart Wii
  • Koopa Cape - Zip - (Replacement)

Sebastian

The Deku Trombonist

Aaaaand another request from a friend.

[Wii] Mario Kart Wii
  • Daisy Circuit - Zip - (Replacement)

TheZeldaPianist275

dahans

Love your Daisy Circuit arrangement... Well done! I would have never been that accurate.
Check out my arrangements! I mean it! Check them out!

The Deku Trombonist

Here's one ticked off the to-finish list.

[GCN] Super Smash Bros. Melee
  • Brinstar (Duet) - Zip

The Deku Trombonist

Eh, this is just one of those days....something to reflect my mood for a change.

[SNES] Secret of Mana
  • Fond Memories - Zip

DonValentino

The Deku Trombonist

Yay, someone else who likes that game. It seems hard to find fans of it (and its music).

fingerz

I LOVE your Mario Kart Wii arrangements, Deku! You're another all-time favourite of mine that I love listening to! Keep up the fabulous work! :D

And something for you too...

Question: Why DO you arrange? What makes you want to arrange? Think hard on that and let me know. :D
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

The Deku Trombonist

I really don't know. It's just a hobby I guess, I just do it when I'm bored in the evenings.

fingerz

Okay then! I know you're a performer too, so you'd get rather busy... I think that'll be just lke me when I'm older, too; it'll become a hobby. :) Thanks for answering, by the way! :D
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

The Deku Trombonist

[N64] Paper Mario
  • Shy Guy's Toybox - Zip

I had a really lame version of this before (for all you oldies out there), but this one is better :)