News:

Using cutting-edge ray tracing technology, our sheets appear 69% more realistic than the leading bargain brand!

Main Menu

The Deku Trombonist's Arrangements

Started by The Deku Trombonist, August 28, 2009, 11:34:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Deku Trombonist

I'd like to get around to arranging a heap of stuff from this game. So here's one

[N64] Mario Party 3
  • Free Play Room - Zip

The Deku Trombonist

Sebastian

Awesome! Nice work :)
I'd love to see more from this game  :P

The Deku Trombonist

These have been sitting around for a while.

[N64] Mario Party 3
  • Commence Attack - Zip
  • Draw - Zip
  • Game Guy  - You Won - Zip
  • Game Guy Mini-Game - Zip
  • Get Star Stamp - Zip
  • Here's the Star - Zip
  • Inside the Castle - Zip
  • Looking Ahead - Zip
  • Mini Game End 1 - Zip
  • Select a File - Zip
  • Start Battle - Zip

The Deku Trombonist

Thar be a new ARRRRRRRangement me hearties!

[N64] Banjo-Tooie
  • Jolly Roger's Lagoon - Zip

Sebastian

Bloop

Really nice! Two small things I pointed out though:

-Chords in the left hand like bar 12 and 20 are very hard to play for me, and I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one. Maybe you could add parentheses on one of the notes to make it easier for the less-Liszt under us?
-You missed a repeat marking in the last bar. Hurdurhurblurderp.

The Deku Trombonist

1)Hmm.....I had 20 like that because I could play it (I wouldn't do that with many chords other than C). And as for 12, it looks like Finale undid my cross staffing.
2)Oh noes!! lol

Sebastian

Ummm....correct me if I'm wrong but shouldnt this be in 12/8? I mean 3/4=6/8 and 4/4=12/8....

Bloop

Quote from: mariolegofan on October 20, 2014, 08:38:11 AMUmmm....correct me if I'm wrong but shouldnt this be in 12/8? I mean 3/4=6/8 and 4/4=12/8....
3/4 is not 6/8, 6/8 is 2/4 with tuplets, just like 12/8 is 4/4 with tuplets. I haven't dug deep enough into music theory to understand the difference between the 6/8 and 12/8, but I have a feeling this isn't 12/8. Gonna look this up now actually.

EDIT: I think it has something to do with the accent of a beat, 6/8 being 1-and-a-2-and-a, and 12/8 being 1-and-a-2-and-a-3-and-a-4-and-a. If that makes sense.

Olimar12345

Quote from: Bloop on October 20, 2014, 08:45:29 AMI think it has something to do with the accent of a beat, 6/8 being 1-and-a-2-and-a, and 12/8 being 1-and-a-2-and-a-3-and-a-4-and-a. If that makes sense.

Spot on. 12/8 has a heavy accent on all four divisions, with a heavier division on 1 and 3. This is why it is so similar to 4/4 with triplets. 6/8 on the other hand, has a strong 2 to 1 weight distribution.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Bloop

Yay I got it :3
Google search reveals a lot of "It's pretty much the same thing"

Sebastian

The Deku Trombonist

I was just casually listening to the MK8 Menu music on YouTube when I realised that the recording I was using for my arrangement was absolute rubbish (who knew you could screw up a gamerip). So sorry about the mix-up there guys. I'll fix it up when I get the chance.

The Deku Trombonist

Apparently I can't resist the urge to procrastinate...

[Wii] The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
  • Midna's Theme (Replacement) - Zip