News:

We seem to have trapped one of the mods within the forum's code... and we're not sure how to get him out. Oh well, he'll figure it out!

Main Menu

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaestroUGC

I want to give an impromptu concert-type-thing. For you people.

Can I do?
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

K-NiGhT

Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

DrP

Being an RA, I always went to bed after 1 AM and I could sleep until 12 or 1 in the afternoon.

Now I get home from work exhausted, can barely keep my eyes open at 11:30 and I wake up at 6:30 without the need of an alarm.
The thing is, I LOVE GOING TO WORK, and I come home feeling tired and all I want to do is go to bed and go back to work.

That feeling when you get up and get ready!!! Then I go walk through downtown, go to a coffee shop (there's a place here that does AMAZING pour overs), get some breakfast and get into the office by 8.

So, there is a light at the end of the tunnel for everyone after school!!! If you can get a job, that is.

FireArrow

Quote from: DrP on June 28, 2013, 11:41:00 PMBeing an RA, I always went to bed after 1 AM and I could sleep until 12 or 1 in the afternoon.

Now I get home from work exhausted, can barely keep my eyes open at 11:30 and I wake up at 6:30 without the need of an alarm.
The thing is, I LOVE GOING TO WORK, and I come home feeling tired and all I want to do is go to bed and go back to work.

That feeling when you get up and get ready!!! Then I go walk through downtown, go to a coffee shop (there's a place here that does AMAZING pour overs), get some breakfast and get into the office by 8.

So, there is a light at the end of the tunnel for everyone after school!!! If you can get a job, that is.

I'm jealous... Can't wake up before noon without an alarm, can't go to bed before midnight.  :P
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

Ricky

KefkaticFanatic

me irl
[close]

Jamaha

Many people actually do like their work. Makes life much more enjoyable, I'd assume.

I mean, I mostly enjoy my current job. Sure, there are days when I wish I could just stay home instead or days when I just sit at the computer being bored (Also, if someone from the department is reading this, please ignore the previous sentence) but generally I find the job rather interesting and sometimes even fun.

DrP

I say that if you really don't like what you're doing (as a career), it's probably time to change it

Ricky

I see your points. I haven't really worked so much, actually I haven't at all except for a few internships (but ofc those are works too in a sense). It's just that I have trouble with the thought of spending 40 hours a week working. And I have even more trouble understanding those that work overtime. Work eats up huge amount of time you could use to spending time with your gf (if you're lucky to have one), friends, family etc. or doing hobbies like music. Yes I know, you need to work to get money but too much is just a waste of time. In the end it's not all about the money.

SuperFireKirby

I work aboot 36 hours a week, am a full time student, spend weekends playing music at open mics, and still have time for people. And I'm fucking terrible with time management. It's not as hard as people think.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Bubbles

Nebbles

I've completed about half of Wind Waker in under 12 hours. I don't know how to feel about this.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Ricky on June 29, 2013, 02:37:22 PMI see your points. I haven't really worked so much, actually I haven't at all except for a few internships (but ofc those are works too in a sense). It's just that I have trouble with the thought of spending 40 hours a week working. And I have even more trouble understanding those that work overtime. Work eats up huge amount of time you could use to spending time with your gf (if you're lucky to have one), friends, family etc. or doing hobbies like music. Yes I know, you need to work to get money but too much is just a waste of time. In the end it's not all about the money.

With all due respect, you couldn't be more wrong about most of that. Learn to like it or move to a different planet, my friend. Haha.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Nebbles

...work is waste of time?

I... can't even begin to go with how absolutely wrong you are on that. I'm not even bothering to get on my soapbox for that one.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel