News:

NinSheetMusic is 1264 years old!

Main Menu

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ALPRAS

Quote from: Saria on August 20, 2013, 12:27:46 PMYes you diiid!

How?
If I offended you in any way, I'm truly sorry because it wasn't my intention. You and every other person.
Now, I think everyone has the right to give their opinion. If you don't like my opinion, it's ok, but calling me "Troll" and jealous isn't right. Worst of all... you called me alapras!!  :'(

MaestroUGC

Lang Lang is a "Pop Musician", a big ticket item designed to draw in seats with no real substance behind him.

He is skilled, yes, but there are far better pianists out there (Marc-Andre Hamelin, Martha Argerich, Yuja Wang, Evgeny Kissin etc.) who also can really get into a level of performance and pianism Lang Lang just doesn't get.

I once saw a video of Lang Lang describing the finale of Prokofiev's Fifth Piano Concerto and it amounted to him jumping around like a idiot. He's a character more than a musician. Alpras touched on this earlier, but I don't think you guys realize how much he butchers music.

Speed doesn't not equal Better.

He sacrifices so much musicality for no reason. I'd rather enjoy the music than see a flashy show.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Waddle Bro

GUYS.

IT'S JUST OPINIONS. THEY'RE MEANT TO BE DIFFERENT.

Please stop arguing over something as silly like that.

ninja'd

ALPRAS

Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 20, 2013, 12:34:20 PMLang Lang is a "Pop Musician", a big ticket item designed to draw in seats with no real substance behind him.

He is skilled, yes, but there are far better pianists out there (Marc-Andre Hamelin, Martha Argerich, Yuja Wang, Evgeny Kissin etc.) who also can really get into a level of performance and pianism Lang Lang just doesn't get.

I once saw a video of Lang Lang describing the finale of Prokofiev's Fifth Piano Concerto and it amounted to him jumping around like a idiot. He's a character more than a musician. Alpras touched on this earlier, but I don't think you guys realize how much he butchers music.

Speed doesn't not equal Better.

He sacrifices so much musicality for no reason. I'd rather enjoy the music than see a flashy show.

Thank you!

Saria

Quote from: Waddle Bro on August 20, 2013, 12:35:56 PMGUYS.

IT'S JUST OPINIONS. THEY'RE MEANT TO BE DIFFERENT.

Please stop arguing over something as silly like that.

ninja'd
You took the words out of my mouth! I just didn't know how to word it perfectly. Thnx.
Quote from: Slow
SARIABALL
Quote from: manio
I love taking wiener schnitzel in my mouth
Quote from: Kefka
cooperating anal
Quote from: ZeldaFanmy dream is to get a quote in someone's sig someday

GaryOak

Quote from: Saria on August 20, 2013, 12:22:26 PMhttp://www.ninsheetm.us/smf/index.php?action=post;quote=223210;topic=19.26550;last_msg=223214
Oh yay, Gary Oak is here now! =D Plz take my place.

Ilu2! I think I'll pass, I've just heard too much whining about Lang^2's facial expressions.

Gotta say tho, Lang Lang is a lot younger than Hamelin, Argerich or Kissin. There's no doubt that he will still improve.
In Finnish hunting culture it is common for hunters to shoot everything that moves, sometimes even themselves.

Quote from: Saria
I love you. <3
Quote from: Bubbles
I love you
Quote from: Waddle Bro
<3 u2 Gary

Saria

Yeah, same. Let's just not waste our time because they'll never listen anyway. Tsk tsk tsk.
SARIABALL
cooperating anal

MaestroUGC

I think it comes down to something being said about "People's Musicians" vs "Musician's Musicians".

ALPRAS

Quote from: Saria on August 20, 2013, 12:40:48 PMYeah, same. Let's just not waste our time because they'll never listen anyway. Tsk tsk tsk.

How can you say "They'll never listen" if you never said something? All you said was just that I was jealous, that he has more concerts than me, called me a troll, that I cant stand other's opinions and now this.
All I said was just my opinion, and all you said was "dont feed the troll". Just because I have a different opinion of you means I'm a troll? Maybe you're the one who doesn't even listen about what I said. Maybe you didn't even saw the video I posted...
You just want to make me look like a troll.

Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 20, 2013, 12:43:28 PMI think it comes down to something being said about "People's Musicians" vs "Musician's Musicians".

BOOM, headshot.

MaestroUGC

Also, I don't even perform, and I know I'm a terrible pianist, yet I can still see how terrible Lang Lang is.

You can keep him, I'll stick with the hundreds of better pianists, both alive and dead.

Yugi

Saria

Quote from: ALPRAS on August 20, 2013, 12:48:24 PMHow can you say "They'll never listen" if you never said something? All you said was just that I was jealous, that he has more concerts than me, called me a troll, that I cant stand other's opinions and now this.
All I said was just my opinion, and all you said was "dont feed the troll". Just because I have a different opinion of you means I'm a troll? Maybe you're the one who doesn't even listen about what I said. Maybe you didn't even saw the video I posted...
You just want to make me look like a troll.
I said some things a few days ago and you respond by saying the exact thing every time. And I crossed out "troll" because it wasn't the right word.

P.S.:And did I say I liked Lang Lang? No. It's not like I'm his #1 fan or anything. I was just defending him because you guys were saying he's like the worst musician ever, and he's not.

P.S.S.: Why are you so freaking interested in looking for an argument. Gosh.
SARIABALL
cooperating anal

ALPRAS

Quote from: Saria on August 20, 2013, 12:51:20 PMI said some things a few days ago and you respond by saying the exact thing every time. And I crossed out "troll" because it wasn't the right word.

If it isnt the right word, you should look for it instead of just posting it.

Quote from: Saria on August 20, 2013, 12:51:20 PMP.S.:And did I say I liked Lang Lang? No. It's not like I'm his #1 fan or anything. I was just defending him because you guys were saying he's like the worst musician ever, and he's not.

I never said he was the worst musician ever. I just said he receives too much credit for what he is.

Quote from: Saria on August 20, 2013, 12:51:20 PMP.S.S.: Why are you so freaking interested in looking for an argument. Gosh.

I'm not looking for an argument, I'm just trying to find a reason for you to say "They'll never listen" when you never said anything at all, how could you say that I would ever listen? It's just not logic...

Quote from: Yugi on August 20, 2013, 12:50:33 PMLike Greshwin?

NO, he's so over-rated and I'm jealous of him!

Kidding, Yes, I do enjoy Gerswhin! Now, about g"R"eshwin, I really don't know the guy :P

Saria

Quote from: ALPRAS on August 20, 2013, 01:01:21 PMIf it isnt the right word, you should look for it instead of just posting it.
Nah.

Quote from: ALPRAS on August 20, 2013, 01:01:21 PMI'm not looking for an argument, I'm just trying to find a reason for you to say "They'll never listen" when you never said anything at all, how could you say that I would ever listen? It's just not logic...
I'm telling you I DID say something a few days ago, then you responded to me, and I don't want to argue back because I know we'll just be going in circles.
SARIABALL
cooperating anal

ALPRAS

Quote from: Saria on August 20, 2013, 01:04:13 PMNah.
I'm telling you I DID say something a few days ago, then you responded to me, and I don't want to argue back because I know we'll just be going in circles.

Well, I cant remember what it was about. So... what it was about?