News:

Local man invests life savings into turnips. When asked whether it was a wise decision he responded, "Eh. I'm sure someone will buy them."

Main Menu

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brassman388

Seriously. Hahaha, it's alright though... because one day, they'll snap and kill all of thier co-workers. Watch, it will happen.  ;)

random_goldfish

Great...as someone entering the work force soon that is absolutely soothing...(sarcasm)
hahaha
Mairéad Murphy-Irish extraornaire fiddles on the roof and where ever she damn well pleases. ^_^

kotorfanboy

I'm all work and no play? :(

And I'm just saying, the off-topic section has a lot more posts than the actual music sections.

Which isn't too bad, I suppose...

random_goldfish

I wasn't saying you were.  :-[
I'm saying too many people are.
Mairéad Murphy-Irish extraornaire fiddles on the roof and where ever she damn well pleases. ^_^

Brassman388

Quote from: kotorfanboy on April 05, 2009, 10:58:30 AMI'm all work and no play? :(

And I'm just saying, the off-topic section has a lot more posts than the actual music sections.

Which isn't too bad, I suppose...

Don't worry, hopefully as soon as the dang uploader script is finished, that it will solve that problem.

random_goldfish

Ah, that might have something to do with the lack of music talk.

Brassman388

Quote from: random_goldfish on April 05, 2009, 11:04:26 AMAh, that might have something to do with the lack of music talk.

Well, lets fix that here! If they want us to talk music. then lets talk music!

random_goldfish

Well, I play Irish fiddle and Irish flute and dabble in classical violin. I also play djembe which is the name of an African druming style that I am probably spelling wrong.

Brassman388

Quote from: random_goldfish on April 05, 2009, 11:07:44 AMWell, I play Irish fiddle and Irish flute and dabble in classical violin. I also play djembe which is the name of an African druming style that I am probably spelling wrong.

I play...

Trumpet
F-horn
Trombone
beritone/euphomium
tuba
flute
violin (little bit, still learning)
and last but not least... THE PIANO!!!

random_goldfish

I wish I could play piano.  :'(
Someone told me I could probably figure it out.

Brassman388

Quote from: random_goldfish on April 05, 2009, 11:11:26 AMI wish I could play piano.  :'(
Someone told me I could probably figure it out.

Most likely you can. I mean, if you can play the violin, then you can sure as much as play the piano too.

random_goldfish

I really just need to save up some money and get a moderately decent keyboard...
Learning fiddle was entirely by ear and tradition. There is no sheet music invovled so violin is a totally different mindset. I never took lessons for it but I guess I do pretty well I guess to be seated in a college symphony.

Brassman388

Quote from: random_goldfish on April 05, 2009, 11:14:57 AMI really just need to save up some money and get a moderately decent keyboard...
Learning fiddle was entirely by ear and tradition. There is no sheet music invovled so violin is a totally different mindset. I never took lessons for it but I guess I do pretty well I guess to be seated in a college symphony.

That works, I've never had the honor of learning an instrument because of tradition. It was all because of interest. As for lessons, take them before you learn on your own. That way, you develop good habits and learn how to play the right way. Rather than developing bad habits, and it taking you longer to correct them. It saves you time and money.

random_goldfish

Well, tradition is love in my family. Fiddle is an absolute joy to me...it's completely unique and your style is your own. No one will play it like I do and I can't play it like anyone else.

I don't know what bad violin habits I have...but for piano I wouldn't want to develop any because I could only imagine how hard they are to break.