News:

change da world
my final message. Goodb ye

Main Menu

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maelstrom

Yes. you should pick it up. Be warned. It's still $40.00, even used. There are some very strong emotions in the first half, but how absolutely strong they are makes the 2nd half somewhat boring in comparison. It is definitely the easiest FE game to get into, but you had better not choose the filthy casual game mode. And, it does remove a few of the more confusing elements that were present in other games. This removes a bit of the depth, but it's still satisfying, nevertheless. It has easily the best presentation (Music, graphics, script, etc) of the entire series. Imo, the GBA combat animations were better (See my avatar), but they are pretty good, nevertheless. Did I mention the music is incredible?
Kind of rambled quite a bit, but, tl;dr: Buy it. You won't regret it.

ninja'd: I think he just means the emotions involved, Fierce. "Thematic Material" sounds like a negative movie rating descriptor.

Nebbles

Pretty much what Maelstrom said, Awakening is the best choice to get into the Fire Emblem series. Of course, there's others to play, but Awakening is good to get you used to the general way the game works and whatnot.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Bespinben

Awesome, thanks guys. Btw, by thematic material I meant the philosophy and moral implications (ex: could I write on essay on it like Nebbles did with PMD1). Now I just gotta wait till I get 40 dollars... xD
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Nebbles

...god, I still can't believe I wrote that essay. As if I needed to be any more of a giant nerd.

FierceDeity

Oh, in that case I think you'll definitely enjoy it. As maelstrom said, the first half is heavier on the emotions, but where the second half lacks in that area, it makes up for in some interesting moral quandaries. I'll try not to say too much so as not to spoil anything, but it definitely gives you some food for thought.

Nebbles

I still think the most emotional Fire Emblem game I played was the 7th, considering it made me cry twice.

braix

Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Nebbles

it's on the forum somewhere dig it up yourself

braix

Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Nebbles

NO that essay is so old it's super embarrassing ;_;

BlackDragonSlayer

And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

King Sammer

Oh ho! What a performance! And what exotic garb you drape yourself in, challenger!

the_last_sheikah

Can I just point out that that picture makes no sense.  They both look like they are swinging their swords down, yet it's clear they're confronting each other, so Chrom's stance would be totally ineffective at blocking/deflecting Lucina's sword.  I get that its a cool picture with their perfect symmetry, but from a realistic point of view it's illogical and that symmetry would be counterproductive.

Also, not criticizing, but this picture would imply they are both most likely left handed.
You see, we're entertainers. We must keep people smiling. No matter how grim things get, we must always be optimistic!

Maelstrom

Binge reading Gunnerkrigg Court does not lead to a productive school day.

mikey

Quote from: the_last_sheikah on February 23, 2015, 04:40:54 PMCan I just point out that that picture makes no sense.  They both look like they are swinging their swords down, yet it's clear they're confronting each other, so Chrom's stance would be totally ineffective at blocking/deflecting Lucina's sword.  I get that its a cool picture with their perfect symmetry, but from a realistic point of view it's illogical and that symmetry would be counterproductive.

Also, not criticizing, but this picture would imply they are both most likely left handed.
Could be that the guy on the left is swinging his sword from left to right in a downward diagonal slash to deflect the guy on the right from his own left to right slash

Or they're in one of those totally fake standoffs where each pushes on the other's sword trying to force him to submit
unmotivated