The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikey

I think it depends on the species
I remember eating a fair few ants trying to look cool/tough in front of the other daycare kids
unmotivated

E. Gadd Industries

Heck, I can't remember the species :/ I took out the trash earlier today, else I would try to get the sucker wrapper (it had the ants in it)
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

swimswamit

Quote from: mikey on January 31, 2020, 08:31:05 PMwhere's that mother fricking jojo reference about needing to understand all the references

I found it
this is very representative of where I am right now, thank you. I'm on Battle in Egypt now, see you all in another two seasons, if I make it out

swimswamit

I just bumped into adrisaurus by accident while she was waiting on starbucks

(am at the Pax convention and saw Carlos)

mikey

unmotivated

Jamaha

Quote from: popo447 on January 13, 2020, 09:04:34 PMI recently had the thought to come on here and reflect on my most formative years of internet participation. Look at my post history from nearly a decade ago and you'll see how I started out as someone illiterate in the archaic ways of internet forum etiquette and have since gone on to become a student of exactly how people develop schema for online communication.

As part of my own interest, and as someone poised to become an educator in composition and communication, I wanted to come back to what is perhaps the ground zero of my journey on the internet—this thread on this forum, where so many of you reluctantly got to know me back in the day. I wish to return one last time to laugh at how annoying and naive my adolescent trolling was, but also to reflect on just how far I've come in the time between the creation of this account and now.

It's put a smile on my face and gave me a bit more insight into how I've learned to exist in communities online.

Thanks for the memories, NinSheetMusic...

<3

This was a great post.

Also, reading the following posts about people realizing how young they were when they made their way here... I was 14 when I joined and am soon turning 30. That means that NSM has existed for the majority of my life.

The early 2000's were a great time on the internet. Forums were so much better than this current social media stuff. And now I feel like some old grandpa visiting the small town he was born in, remembering the time before everyone moved to the large cities nearby.

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Jamaha on March 22, 2020, 03:57:56 PMThis was a great post.

Also, reading the following posts about people realizing how young they were when they made their way here... I was 14 when I joined and am soon turning 30. That means that NSM has existed for the majority of my life.

The early 2000's were a great time on the internet. Forums were so much better than this current social media stuff. And now I feel like some old grandpa visiting the small town he was born in, remembering the time before everyone moved to the large cities nearby.

Yeah. It's very sad. I don't have the same sense of community anymore.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

BlackDragonSlayer

I miss the forum being active and NSMTWG. There are pros and cons to forums, as there are to Discord, so I think it'd be nice if we were able to make good usage of both platforms.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

AmpharosAndy

yarg discord is 4 the hip kidz innit
im not a hip kidz :'(
innit

Tobbeh99

Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

FireArrow

Quote from: AmpharosAndy on March 24, 2020, 08:48:25 AMyarg discord is 4 the hip kidz innit
im not a hip kidz :'(

Personally, I don't participate in discord communities because of the pacing. I just can't seem to be able to keep up with the conversation well enough to participate whereas forums give me the leisure to pop in, read the last 2 pages, say what I wanna, then peace out.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

mikey

Quote from: FireArrow on April 18, 2020, 04:44:17 PMPersonally, I don't participate in discord communities because of the pacing. I just can't seem to be able to keep up with the conversation well enough to participate whereas forums give me the leisure to pop in, read the last 2 pages, say what I wanna, then peace out.
have you considered not peacing out? ;)
unmotivated

BrainyLucario

I mean I've finally considered logging in after so long. When i joined this site I was so annoying. I do not like my old posts or stories at all, considering how much I've improved as a writer and as a person. Yet still i appreciate them being here.
When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.

mikey

oh man, it was undertale this, undertale that, all the time
unmotivated

BrainyLucario

Quote from: mikey on April 27, 2020, 01:40:07 PMoh man, it was undertale this, undertale that, all the time
Ah yes our old rivalry. I still think you're crazy for saying its a bad game
When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.