News:

oh god how did this get here I am not good with computer

Main Menu

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SlowPokemon

I mean PDS isn't wrong about anything. A personal pet peeve is when I talk about being atheist and people saying that must be depressing or sad. Like nah, whereas religion brings comfort and believing in God is natural for most people, it's the opposite for me--everything makes more sense to me being atheist and I'm more comfortable believing God doesn't exist and there's no such thing as an afterlife. I don't feel like it's a depressing belief system or way of life at all. Tbh, it's gotten to the point where I'm almost more antitheist than atheist.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Dude

I just don't let religion rule my life. It's not worth worrying over. As long as you're a good person, I think that's all that should matter.

Ruto

1) Has anyone noticed that Passover takes place during the spring? When tides should be lowest?
2) Given that people past the Middle Ages couldn't tell if someone was dead for sure (when people dug up coffins to make more space for more people that died, 1/5 apparently had fingernail scratch marks on the inside, also, see the origin of the wake at a funeral), I would assume that people before could not have been much better at it.

Not to say this stuff is completely impossible, but maybe a few details were left out or exaggerated. So taking it literally might be a mistake.

We have photos and physical proof that the Civil War happened, so it's not a good comparison.

What you believe in wouldn't change how the world works (as in, the laws of physics won't change because of some belief).   There's some theological aspect to God in one episode of Futurama that is quite interesting and sums up what I hear anyway. But I think the point of existing is to be at peace with yourself, if that makes sense.

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

SlowPokemon

Ruto this is totally off topic but the other night I thought about you because I turned on The Simpsons and it was the one where Homer joins the NRA and buys a gun and it's my favorite episode I've ever seen and I was like "I bet Ruto loved this one"
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Pianist Da Sootopolis

It's not off topic if it's your thought of the moment  ;D
what is shitpost

mikey

So my car's been broken for the past few days (the starter broke while I was at work and I had to ditch it there) and today we went back and it's working fine again

also we may have just won 5000 dollars from a shady looking card in the mail
unmotivated

FireArrow

Quote from: Olimar12345 on August 10, 2015, 08:47:05 AMI just freaking love it when people say shit like a guy making a boat for some animals or someone performing some miracles remains EXTREMELY IMPOSSIBLE, but something like a speck of dust that spins while spinning around a star able to support trillions of beings' life isn't? Our world has many, many things that cannot be explained or remain unanswered, so to be as close-minded as that just makes me squint my eyes and think "really?"
You're looking at it from your own personal expiriences rather than from the collective knowledge we have as the human race. From our individual expiriences, both the scenarios you mentioned are beyond our ability to even comprehend the probability of. However, if you look at what other people have done and discovered (this is why we have scientific method and peer review, so that we know these claims aren't falsefied) a lot of evidence points towards the former while even pointing against the latter. While both scenarios sound very unlikely, science would never make a claim without enough reasurch, and even then it could be changed if we come across more evidence. Religon is a static belief based solely on faith with no consideration for any surrondings (Bar maybe that of when it came around), and while there's absolutely nothing wrong with beleiving in it, it's selfish and arrogant to assume people who don't share that faith are somehow morally and logically inferior.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

Sebastian

We're talking in the religion topic now. Maestro told us to haha

Brawler4Ever

It took 3 years for that topic to fill 6 pages. It took just 9 hours to fill another 9 pages. Has there just been a serious religion itch or what?
Even when everyone else has gone,
I will punch the punching bag until a game comes on. XD

10 years later. Still Brawling!

Pianist Da Sootopolis

what is shitpost

Dude

Thought: fierce's ego in that topic is so high not even a plane could take it down lol

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Well, at least he's not one of the Kool-aid drinkers, like some that we could name.

But fking hell. That TV analogy took FOREVER.
what is shitpost

FierceDeity

Quote from: Dude on August 10, 2015, 11:59:08 PMfierce's ego

Hey now, at least call my self-righteous white knight complex by its real name

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Oh come on, at least let people have a LITTLE time to try and work it out before you close it.
what is shitpost