The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FireArrow

Quote from: Clanker37 on February 06, 2016, 06:51:31 AMApparently there was this Muslim who protested at a Trump rally, who beforehand was treated nicely and politely by the people around her, but as soon as Trumpelstiltskin began to speak and the crowd began to shout, she was verbally abused etc.

She was actually straight up kicked out the rally. Why? Because apparently muslims aren't allowed to stand up.
http://www.cnn.com/2016/01/08/politics/donald-trump-muslim-woman-protesting-ejected/
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

Pianist Da Sootopolis

So, question, since the rules board is locked:
"10) Any links to a Patreon, Go Fund Me, or other personal fundraising page are expressly forbidden on the forums. Any forum posts about them will be deleted and the original poster will be banned."
I'm not against this, I'm just curious; why is this necessary? Has there been an excess of spam Patreons or GFMes? IIRC the main people with Patreons are major members of the site who advertise it on their YT channel.
what is shitpost

Olimar12345

This has never been an issue, and quite frankly I find in an odd addition to the rules.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Especially with such harsh punishments in comparison with the strike system.
what is shitpost

braix

What we're trying to avoid here is people coming and making an account, posting links to their campaign, and leaving as that's just spam. If I remember correctly, you can still have the links in your signature.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Olimar12345

What we're saying though is that has happened 0 times in the past, and because of those statistics, it seems like an odd rule to have added. A problem such as this could have easily been chalked up to spam or something.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Dude

It happened a long time ago but those "do ads and get free shit" sites were going around here like crazy.

Also, sounds like someone I know was at your school today, Slow!

KefkaticFanatic

Quote from: Olimar12345 on February 06, 2016, 03:04:45 PMThis has never been an issue, and quite frankly I find in an odd addition to the rules.

"

me irl
[close]

AwesomeYears

I can taste the NSM update coming, please pick my sheet  :-*.

Tobbeh99

Submissions seems to start rolling! Great to see; soon my wild arms submission might get accepted!
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Ruto

Quote from: SlowPokemon on February 05, 2016, 10:04:19 PM

Lol if this is a reply to the previous post...let's say it's not because people thought up of reasons to be total assholes our of boredom or their own "wickedness", but rather from a book of stories. Thanks to the stories I listened to as a kid, I still don't like cats because they eat (hero) mice.

Quote from: Olimar12345 on February 06, 2016, 04:50:58 PMWhat we're saying though is that has happened 0 times in the past, and because of those statistics, it seems like an odd rule to have added. A problem such as this could have easily been chalked up to spam or something.

Slow forum day, I suppose. Instead of hanging around the computer, I found something else to do today.

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

Dude

Dudeman

Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Altissimo

fuken hell guys panthers are my home team

Dude