News:

Rest in pepperoni, Mario Mario, 1981 - 2021
He will be missed by all, except for me! WARIO, NUMBER ONE!

Main Menu

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AmpharosAndy

innit

Winter

mikey

oh my gosh it's winter
[insert image of my old discord avatar]
unmotivated

E. Gadd Industries

I wish tech companies like HP didn't stop making parts for their products after 2 years. I have some minor damage to my laptop that, though it's a small crack, it prevents the battery from properly connecting and therefore has to be constantly plugged in ;-; it's really annoying and all but eliminates the mobile functionality that laptops have...
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Maelstrom

wow
today I just found out that my kickstand on my HP laptop my school gave me broke and it's past graduation so I can't get it fixed under warrenty. Just like you, there's no replacement parts out there that I can seem to find. Guess I'll make it into a plex server or something

ThatGamer

It's not just HP, Microsoft doesn't have the parts to fix a Surface Pro 2, which only came out in like, 2018? Technology is a scam to force you to buy new stuff every 2 years just liek phones  :P
Quote from: Altissimo on August 29, 2015, 12:00:16 PM
Since I haven't heard from her personally I don't wanna be like "YO HERE'S THE CHATROOM OK"

Brassman388

Welp.

Pretty much every single plan that I had for this summer, or this upcoming semester if we're being real, has gone tits up.

I'll probably spend some time looking at the arrangement thread most likely.

More to come.

Maelstrom

That's unfortunate. I've been lucky enough to be able to start my grad school program despite the uptick in cases in the US (and my new city) because the university is doing everything they can to keep the labs open.

Brassman388

One of the state universities are offering a full ride scholarship in education, but the catch is that you have to take classes on site. I would love to do that, but I value my health a little too much to risk an opportunity like that one.

Oh well, if it's meant to be then it's meant to be.

tyvi2

I had a dream I want to buy apartments in Portugal here in front of ocean and wake up in the morning with a cup of tea without any plans.

Tobbeh99

I've been thinking about copyrights and stuff. And I personally feel like term IP (Intellectual property) is a bit bad and confusing. I've heard people saying that the reasoning behind copyrights and patents is that you should have exclusive rights so that you can recoup your investment. But having a right to earn compensation is a bit different from completely and wholly owning something (property). So I think it's a bit confusing. And I think that it should be renamed to something better that shows the purposes of which more clearly, like intellectual (ekonomic) compensation right or something like that.
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Yug_Guy

I mean, the word "copyright" comes from the days of the printing press (the term goes back to at least 1729). Literally, "the legal right to make copies [of a given work]". Obviously, with changing technologies & laws the original etymology might not be as clear anymore, but I still think it doesn't warrant replacement anytime soon.

And if there's one thing I know as someone into language, is that trying to create language change by force almost never works in practice.

Tobbeh99

Actually I think "copyright" is a pretty good word. What I have issues with is "IP" ("Intellectual property").
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on August 23, 2020, 04:32:16 AMI've been thinking about copyrights and stuff.
Well there's your problem. I sometimes think about the subject, especially because I'm planning to go into a creative field where that will be a relevant issue, and sometimes I think about how copyright law seriously needs to be changed, but man, you seem downright obsessed with it. Unless you're literally like a copyright lawyer or something, you should probably chill.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Dude

Sorry I've been a dick to so many of you throughout the years. I'm still alive. Life is sucking as usual, but I think most people are feeling the same way.

Edit: If you're curious why I'm posting at 5 in the morning, a bat was in my room overnight and I can't sleep so fml