News:

Iron gates are a thing of the past! Now, you can access your yard with the all-new NinSheetMusic-brand Teleportation Technology!

Main Menu

'Famous' video game theme warm-up

Started by Seeker, November 07, 2009, 06:52:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seeker

This is going to sound really weird. I'm planning on entering a piano competition in a couple years. If I make it to the finals, I'll get to perform with the Milwaukee Symphony Orchestra. Typically, pianists are allotted a brief amount of time to get used to the piano. I want to play some video game theme for this so I can see how the audience and the judges react. However, I also don't want to waste my warm-up time. So I was wondering if someone could arrange a piece that
1. Is based on a very well-known video game theme
2. Covers all registers of the piano
3. Requires damper and una corde pedals
4. Uses staccato and legato
5. Has a fairly wide dynamic range.
6. Is only about 1-1.5 minutes long.

If no one wants to do this, that's fine. Just thought I'd ask.
This is a signature.

MaestroUGC

Use any of my arrangements. They already meet thre of the five requirements, but you can fill the other two by playing at your own discretion. Other than that...I don't know of any pieces that fill those requirements, except perfect orchestral transcriptions.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Seeker

Hm.. I'll consider it. The thing is, I don't want to expend that much energy on a difficult piece right before playing a concerto with an orchestra. Nice last resort though.
This is a signature.

Seeker

Eh, not quite famous enough. Also, they're probably only going to give me about a minute or so. I probably should have mentioned that. Fix'd.

I'll see if that guy has anything else I could use.

EDIT: Just found an arrangement of Lost Woods that works perfectly, after some tinkering. Thanks for all your help.
This is a signature.

Magus Darkwind

hmm, the staccato makes it hard...

I was thinking of doing a rendition of Terra's theme, my rendition goes as low as the lowest G, and as high as the 2nd highest A#.(From a standard piano). However, again, the piece does not have staccatos, but it is well known. And the piece is done in about 1.5 mins if not repeated, although I tend to repeat once.

Another option might be To Zanarkand. choose your octaves, it won't sound quite optimal if you want to go really low(If you are playing the right hand really high) and visa versa, but you can be either high or low.

OH, I got it. Gilgamesh with the Intro, for the intro do the classic CDG, starting as low as you want to start for purposes of the piano and go as high as you can for the same reason. The piece has staccatos and legatos, has varying dynamics, and it can use the pedal.
Necrophobe: "Enough of this! DIE!!!"
*casts flare*
Gilgamesh: "I believe that's MY line!!!"
*Self-destruct* They both die

KefkaticFanatic

me irl
[close]

Magus Darkwind

I thought of that however....1-1.5 mins? Dancing Mad?? lol, not gonna happen that fast.
Necrophobe: "Enough of this! DIE!!!"
*casts flare*
Gilgamesh: "I believe that's MY line!!!"
*Self-destruct* They both die

KefkaticFanatic

me irl
[close]