News:

oh god how did this get here I am not good with computer

Main Menu

Dahans' arrangements: Christmas Surprise 2014

Started by dahans, November 13, 2009, 05:22:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

I am looking for motivation... what do you want me to do nex?

Pokemon
19 (41.3%)
Super Mario
17 (37%)
Another medley
6 (13%)
Orchestrated arrangement
4 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 46

universe-X

Quote from: olimar12345 on June 21, 2010, 11:55:25 AMwhy is it a duet?
I thought I would use the second piano, but end up not using it :P

EDIT: Also, this song does have some very weird chords to work with.

Olimar12345

universe-X: oh, lol

Dahans: well that certainly sounds better. keep messing with it.  ;)
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

dahans

Ok thanks! I think it sounds good now. (objections?)
However, I don't know when I will continue with arranging, but I think I need a break. My arrangments became worse and I don't know why and I am not as motivated as I used to be while arranging the medley.
Check out my arrangements! I mean it! Check them out!

The Deku Trombonist

Don't get discouraged dahans. It's not that your arrangements are getting worse, it's just that you're choosing more difficult songs to arrange. Having said that, breaks are quite important. I took a 4 month break off of arranging new year because I just couldn't get motivated. But when you do get back into it, try doing heaps of small simple tunes. They take a lot less out of you than the big ones.

As for Gusty Garden, I'm not convinced that all your chords are totally correct but they don't sound that bad. Have you taken a look at ALPRAS' arrangement of it? I'm not saying it's better(It's not even complete) but just check it out just to see what he's done. It's always good to check out other people's stuff to expand your horizons.

Meta-Ridley

Of course some spectatuclar insight and advice from Deku can always help boost spirits.

dahans

No, I think I won't take a break! There are so many arrangments to do! And the summer holidays start in 1 week. :D

Anyway, uploaded: improved version of twinleaf town (Pokemon DP)

MaestroUGC

Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

dahans

That's amazing! I think I will listen to it 1000 times today! Thank you very much :D :D. Hope you will orchestrate another song of mine someday xD.

MaestroUGC

Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

dahans

Sry Dr. Pamplemousse! I would understand if you hated me now... but I HAD to upload it. It took me a week to figure out the chords and to find an appropriate bass...
anyway... UPDATE!

SlowPokemon

Haha Dahans, you actually took my requests seriously! Thanks for Ecruteak City!
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

DrP

I do like your rendition of Ecruteak City a little better  :D. I couldn't put my finger on those sixteenth note runs that are in the actual song.

Mine... it can just be for those with a lesser skill level on the piano!

dahans

Quote from: drpamplemousse on June 28, 2010, 12:52:08 PMI do like your rendition of Ecruteak City a little better  :D. I couldn't put my finger on those sixteenth note runs that are in the actual song.

Mine... it can just be for those with a lesser skill level on the piano!

Thanks! Your version is definitely easier to play. Which song shall we send in for submission?

Quote from: SlowPokemon on June 28, 2010, 12:42:01 PMHaha Dahans, you actually took my requests seriously! Thanks for Ecruteak City!

Of course! I will do another one of your requests!

DrP

maybe we can send both. there are some songs that have an easier version to play!

dahans

Since my PC is broken now and I can't arrange at the moment, I made up my mind about my future projects. Since the medley of Pokemon R/B was really popular, I decided to try the Pokemon G/S medley. BUT: It won't be 12 minutes long :D.
I would be very grateful, if some members would help me with this arrangment. We could work in a team.
Everyone who enjoys the music of G/S (and everyone who is familiar with arranging) shall join this team!

:D