News:

New to the site? Introduce yourself here!

Main Menu

Official NSM Theme Song Contest (THERE IS A RULE CHANGE!)

Started by Sirus, March 17, 2008, 08:40:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sirus

Note there had been a change in the dates

Rules:
1) The song must be 99% home-made.  the song can have 25 seconds of some other established game music, no more (as a filler for last minute finalizations) however it MUST fit the style of music the song is (so the 25 seconds must flow into the rest of the song)
2) The song must not be more than 3 minutes long (thats still really long).
3) The song must fit the format of NSM theme song. (It can be in minor, but remember that we are not a funeral music website.) It can be video game-ish, classical, and maybe even pop.
4) The songs, when finished, should be pm-ed to me so I can post them anonymously as Song 1, Song 2, etc. The title should be NSM Theme Song.
5) If your song sounds like someone else's, the person who sent the song first will have their's posted.
6) You can work in groups, I dont really care.
7) You have to PM them to me by April 19, 2008, 5PM Central Time (Daylight Savings Time).
 All of them will be posted at the same time so don't rush through.
9) It can be piano and orchestra OR just piano. But you must have a piano, whether it be a solo or piano with orchestra/ It is advised you make a piano solo version of your song just in case someone might want to play it.
10) Please send me a Mp3 and a piano MUS (piano just in case someone wants to play it).
11) When posted, the people will vote on the songs and post their opinions by April 25, 2008, 7 PM Central Daylights Saving Time.

okay ppl, make sure you see the date changes and there is no point in sending them to me early unless you're entirely confident for the songs will be posted at the time.

Good luck with this contest!

Concerto No.20 in D minor

Sirus

Quote from: Concerto No.20 in D minor on March 19, 2008, 03:47:35 PMIs this really official?
yeah
i got the approval from G-Han
unless you also need me to get this approved by other staff such as you?

Gu4n

Workin' on it.

Minor is my speciality, so composing a song in major is a challenge.

Sirus

Quote from: G-Han on March 20, 2008, 01:36:17 PMWorkin' on it.

Minor is my speciality, so composing a song in major is a challenge.
it can be in Minor (rule 3)

Gu4n

Sirus

Quote from: G-Han on March 23, 2008, 07:32:50 AMI like challenges.
lol

to everyone:
On rule 7 i have made a mistake
i meant PM not post
thank you and sorry for the mistake
Quote from: Sirus on March 17, 2008, 08:40:25 AM7) You have to post PM them to me by April 19, 2008, 5PM Central Time (Daylight Savings Time).
 All of them will be posted at the same time so don't rush through.

razer84

wow, i've been kind of working on mine a little, and it can be kind of jazzy right?

damn commies.

evilsqueaky

Wait a sec... I've already submitted one but I'm thinking about changing it. Are we allowed to have rock songs?

Sirus

Quote from: razer84 on March 27, 2008, 04:55:36 PMwow, i've been kind of working on mine a little, and it can be kind of jazzy right?
Quote from: evilsqueaky on March 28, 2008, 08:51:32 PMWait a sec... I've already submitted one but I'm thinking about changing it. Are we allowed to have rock songs?
yeah it can be in any style you want
the suggested styles styles are just examples

Sirus

pumpy_heart

Akiro

Beethoven II just finished making one.

evilsqueaky

I did about one day after this idea was started.  ;)

Sirus

if you guys need for time i can push this back to the 20th

and also
should i start a new topic with the songs or keep it in this post?

PS
if you really want to you can pm votes to me if you really dont want to offend anybody