pumpy_heart's Submissions - 7/16 Professor Layton & the Diabolical Box- Puzzles2

Started by pumpy_heart, April 19, 2008, 08:17:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pumpy_heart

News - 7/16
Here's some treats that may grab an ear or two.
And here's this, for anyone who missed it. Merry Christmas Battle MUS
Only a few songs left that I promised to arrange. Last days of arranging for NSM yayagogo. I'm kind of excited to be honest. I've learned a lot here. Time to just fully devote in giving back to the community by being the guy from which no one wants to hear critique. Keep the newer, better arrangers going full throttle.

Personal wishes
[GBA] Golden Sun - Karagol Sea
[DS] Golden Sun: Dark Dawn - Battle Theme
Requests
[N64] Banjo Kazoiee - Click Clock Wood: Fall
[N64] Banjo Kazoiee - Tooty's Theme
[DS] Animal Crossing: Wild World - Title Theme
[DS] Dragon Quest IX - Alchemy Pot

[NES] DuckTales Project
Boss Battle
The Amazon
African Mines

Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow
Pokemon Recovery
Pokemon Whistle
Victory - Gym Leader
Pokemon Mansion

125 Pieces on Site
3 Orchestral/Ensemble Arrangements in Thread
8 Pieces in Thread

Submission
[DS] Final Fantasy III - "Town of Amur" - Thomas Wilson MUS Midi
[GBA] Golden Sun: The Lost Age - "Alhafra" - Thomas Wilson MUS Midi
[GB] Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow - "Bicycle Theme" - Thomas Wilson MUS Midi
[PSP] Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core - "First Mission" - Thomas Wilson MUS Midi

Finished
Orchestral
[N64] The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask - "Opening" - Thomas Wilson MUS Midi
[DS] Final Fantasy III - "A Dancer's Dance" - Thomas Wilson MUS Midi
[DS] Final Fantasy III - "Town of Amur" - Thomas Wilson MUS Midi

Piano
Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow
[GB] Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow - "Professor Oak's Theme" - Thomas Wilson MUS MIDI
[GB] Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow - "Trainer Defeated" - Thomas Wilson MUS MIDI
[GB] Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow - "Wild Pokemon Defeated" - Thomas Wilson MUS MID

Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box
[DS] Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box - "Puzzles 2" MUS MIDI New!

Comments are welcome.

Beethoven II

Awasai

^ well that's not very constructive now!

Impossible seems to be the key word.  Are there any other parts in the piece that could be substituted for the nearly constant 16th runs?  Those really destroy any chances of a real person playing it.

razer84

damn commies.

Echo

It's actually called "The Final Battle", according to the recording I have.

Anyways, there are a bunch of parts that I think are off, but with such a complex song, I don't really wanna spend time to check it... >_>

MasterPenguin

Quote from: Echo on April 19, 2008, 02:10:40 PMIt's actually called "The Final Battle", according to the recording I have.

Anyways, there are a bunch of parts that I think are off, but with such a complex song, I don't really wanna spend time to check it... >_>

Galbadia Hotel has them labeled wrong. This song, though impossible, is still great.

pumpy_heart

You guys stink haha.
Anyways, no. I've dimmed it down too much.
It is near impossible, but, I have a friend who could read it in like...30 mins. So please dont call it impossible.
It may not be for amateurs, but that does not make it impossible!
Plus, this being an awesome song, it deserves everything here.
It is correctly titled "Doom Dragon Battle".

KefkaticFanatic

Ok, what the hell guys, this song is perfectly playable.  Please tell me what you think isn't playable and I'll PERSONALLY make a video of that single section.  ::) Like, I'll actually do it.  But yeah, it sounds awesome, but I don't know the song at all so I have no idea whether it's accurate or not.  If you can though, I would fix how it doesn't group up sets of 16th notes for some reason.  (They're split up into 2s instead of 4s...wtf?)

me irl
[close]

blah54

this is certainly playable... just on the more difficult end of the spectrum... the doubling of certain notes as 16th notes might be painful at correct tempo though lol...

bars 5-20 sound far better with the actual instruments... on piano it almost sounds almost messy, but it still gives a pretty good feel, and sadly it doesnt give the same epicness the real version does...

but good job arranging this, you've done a good job on it.
It's on a need-to-know basis that you don't need to know.

pumpy_heart

gamer- It splits them up because its in like...7/8 or something. so if it were in fours, there would also have to be a group of three.....which would be awkward.
blah- Thanks

Anyways, Ima update this some now. Give you guys more stuff to look at. To start, let me update my Golden Sun section :)
EDIT: Yep. more stuff.
Go crazy music people lovers!!!!!!

Gu4n

@pumpy: Why are you limiting yourself in measure 22 till 25 to one hand? I play this part with two hands, so I see no point in using one when having two hands. =p

Aaah, you did Brawl's Wi-Fi Waiting Room! <3 My favorite song when I'm playing the guitar.

Palagerini

the Halo Theme is really good... all the needs to be changed is the beginning... It's too fast... In my opionon just make all the quarter notes half notes basically... and the dotted half note a whole note.. otherwise it's really good...
Conversation on Shoddy Battle:
<death09>my girlfriend broke up with me and sent me pix of her and her new boyfriend in bed
<ktp753>ouch.
<death09>yeah. i sent them to her dad

Before you post you might want to make sure you have a couple of these: ..!!??,,,

Feel free to place them wherever.

Korados

To the Pokemon Game Corner song: In the few first measure there are these two 16ths, one 8th chords. You should add staccatos, these chords are much shorter.

pumpy_heart

@G-Han - A staff doesnt bind the hand...I constantly switch back and forth for a lot of things. You are playing it as I do.
@Palagerini - Read my comments on the piece. I mentioned this problem there.
@Korados - I did before. It looked really sloppy, so I opted to take them out. However, it still sounds ok without them.

I will take any more advice/ critique!

blah54

wow you did a lot of arranging... i've only looked at a few but...

saturos and menardi battle... the bass throughout doesnt sound so nice, even though that the's nature of the piece... bars 22-23 (left hand), bars 38-45 (right hand) are unplayable... (MAYBE, MAYBE bars 38-45 could be playable, but bars 22-23, the keys on a piano simply dont rise that fast lol...)

wifi waiting room
something is definitely wrong with the left hand, it just sounds ugly with the melody...

It's on a need-to-know basis that you don't need to know.