News:

Iron gates are a thing of the past! Now, you can access your yard with the all-new NinSheetMusic-brand Teleportation Technology!

Main Menu

The Introduction Thread

Started by Concerto No.20 in D minor, March 18, 2008, 08:51:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xaoz

Okay, you guys just convinced me to even spend more time onto music by trying to arrange on my own (damn!)! Thank you for all the response and feedback.

Quote from: braixen1264 on January 09, 2015, 06:24:09 PMWell my arrangements so far are just me sitting at my piano for hours trying to get the right notes and put them in notation form in Finale.

I imagine, this will be my start, too, since only by ear I cannot identify any note at all! Is that actually something that will improve when arranging, too?
I will start off by reading this guide about arranging and then maybe give it a first try. First I should get used to english music terms I guess...
You guys can recommend any other free literature (beginner guide) or some free software to get started? Otherwise I'd start with Finale Notepad 2012.

Quote from: Bespinben on February 03, 2015, 07:49:27 PM
I give the Bespin seal of approval to Xaoz's critique (^o^)=b

Bespinben

It might help if we confess that when we speak of "making an arrangement" on this forum, we are really meaning to say "to make a transcription", meaning to recreate the original song as closely as possible. In that light, the guide you linked to probably won't be very helpful.

That said, I would recommend trying a very simple song first. A song where you can each part very clearly. 8-bit music is usually good for that (Gameboy, NES, etc.).
Maybe as a warm-up, try writing out the Dungeon theme of the original Zelda: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMssCMqMHuk
(It's actually only 2 parts, so that makes it even easier)
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Xaoz

Quote from: Bespinben on January 09, 2015, 10:19:46 PMThat said, I would recommend trying a very simple song first. A song where you can each part very clearly. 8-bit music is usually good for that (Gameboy, NES, etc.).
Maybe as a warm-up, try writing out the Dungeon theme of the original Zelda: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMssCMqMHuk
(It's actually only 2 parts, so that makes it even easier)

Actually 8-bit music sounds like a great idea for my first attempts. Thank you!

Quote from: Bespinben on January 09, 2015, 10:19:46 PMIt might help if we confess that when we speak of "making an arrangement" on this forum, we are really meaning to say "to make a transcription", meaning to recreate the original song as closely as possible. In that light, the guide you linked to probably won't be very helpful.

Well of course my goal would be the get it as close to the original as possible. I would never simplify a song just so I can play it. I would make it as hard as possible and just practice until I can finally do it! Can you actually play your own arrangements (by using your whole body of course)? :D

My god I just realized I can connect my piano to Finale NotePad... Holy ****! I love 21st century.

Iris

NAME: It's a secret, but call me Iris~
Instrument: Piano. (For near 6/7 years.)
Favorite School Subject: Languages.
Favorite Video Game: A lot. Rockman, Zelda, Mario are some of them.
Favorite Game Music: This question is so hard! D= I like so much OST!
Languages spoken: French, English, German, and a bit Japanese (Colors for example.)
Ethinicity: French mixed with tiny Slovenian.
Favorite Past times: Play piano, video games, and computer. But I play often Piano.
Siblings: 1 big sister.
Political stand: I don't think it would change the world if you don't know it. I think it doesn't matter.
Favorite Candy/Cookie: Salted butter caramel. (Yum!)
Favorite color: I like them all. It belongs to my feelings.
Sports on a team or tournaments: I hate sport... When it's not for pleasure.
Sports as a past time: Walk, cycle.
Favorite genre of music: All. Except Rap.
Favorite letter of aphabet: I like them all.
Weird abilties:
Irl, I can guess a person's movements when I know him/her and even when I'm back turned (sometimes).
Sometimes I can guess a person's words when I know him/her and guess his/her thoughts.
I know, sometimes, I'm a little creepy! X,D
Qu'importe les mauvais traitements subit dans la vie, qu'importe la peine dans vos cœurs...
N'oubliez pas de tourner la page, pour continuer à jouer la mélodie.

Xaoz

Quote from: Iris on January 17, 2015, 01:28:21 PMNAME: It's a secret, but call me Iris~
Instrument: Piano. (For near 6/7 years.)
Favorite School Subject: Languages.
Favorite Video Game: A lot. Rockman, Zelda, Mario are some of them.
Favorite Game Music: This question is so hard! D= I like so much OST!
Languages spoken: French, English, German, and a bit Japanese (Colors for example.)
Ethinicity: French mixed with tiny Slovenian.
Favorite Past times: Play piano, video games, and computer. But I play often Piano.
Siblings: 1 big sister.
Political stand: I don't think it would change the world if you don't know it. I think it doesn't matter.
Favorite Candy/Cookie: Salted butter caramel. (Yum!)
Favorite color: I like them all. It belongs to my feelings.
Sports on a team or tournaments: I hate sport... When it's not for pleasure.
Sports as a past time: Walk, cycle.
Favorite genre of music: All. Except Rap.
Favorite letter of aphabet: I like them all.
Weird abilties:
Irl, I can guess a person's movements when I know him/her and even when I'm back turned (sometimes).
Sometimes I can guess a person's words when I know him/her and guess his/her thoughts.
I know, sometimes, I'm a little creepy! X,D

Welcome, Iris!
I think you misread Introduction Thread. It is not Application Thread.
Now please also add religious belief, sexual orientation and the size of your shoes, since this is 100% necessary information! You might also want to add google maps coords of your house!
PS: I never heard of salted butter caramel...

Iris

Thanks Xaos!
Er... You know, I'm not English at all!
It's hard for me to understand rightly some words.

It's a long introduce, I know. But I saw introduces on first pages, so, I believed it was better if my introduce was long and not short.
Apparently... Not.

I don't understand: What are differences between "Application Thread" and " Introduction Thread " ?
If that's too long to explain, could you explain me this by PM please ?

" Salted butter caramel "... F*** you Google Traduction.
I mean, " Caramel au beurre salé "... But I don't think you speak French.
(This is a sort of caramel, but there's some salt. You don't really taste salt when you eat it.)

Please, don't judge me just because I'm very clumsy and a bullet.
Because we all have vice and defects, aren't we?  :P
Qu'importe les mauvais traitements subit dans la vie, qu'importe la peine dans vos cœurs...
N'oubliez pas de tourner la page, pour continuer à jouer la mélodie.

Sebastian

WELCOME!

Quote from: Iris on January 17, 2015, 03:11:19 PMPlease, don't judge me just because I'm very clumsy and a bullet.
Because we all have vice and defects, aren't we?  :P
We won't :)
Xaoz is just joking :P

Maelstrom

Wow. No offense, but Google  translate  is bad.

braix

Hi! Welcome to NSM and watch out for the wolves.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Yugi

Xaoz

Quote from: mariolegofan on January 17, 2015, 03:25:53 PMXaoz is just joking :P

Huh?

Quote from: Iris on January 17, 2015, 03:11:19 PMI don't understand: What are differences between "Application Thread" and " Introduction Thread " ?

Well you apply for a job and you introduce yourself to people you want to get to know.

Quote from: Iris on January 17, 2015, 03:11:19 PMPlease, don't judge me just because I'm very clumsy and a bullet.

I uhm... I guess I cannot judge you for that.... Wait, can I?!

Quote from: braixen1264 on January 17, 2015, 03:32:11 PMHi! Welcome to NSM and watch out for wolf.

Fixed that for you.
Yeah, better watch out for wolf. Even I cannot understand what that guy is saying!

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Iris on January 17, 2015, 01:28:21 PMNAME: It's a secret, but call me Iris~
WHAT AM I FIGHTING FORRRRRRRR.

Hello.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

DrP

Yay!!

Une autre personne qui parle français!! Bienvenue aux forums.

Et j'aime bien le caramel au beurre salé!! Surtout avec mon café!

mikey

Bonjour!  Je parle un peu francais...
But I'm american with an american keyboard...
unmotivated

KefkaticFanatic

croissant du fromage
honhonhon
cigarette

my work here is done

me irl
[close]