The Introduction Thread

Started by Concerto No.20 in D minor, March 18, 2008, 08:51:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dude

FireArrow

Quote from: Waddle Bro on April 15, 2016, 05:59:24 PMbut your point on how the democracy in those decisions is questionable at least is valid

I wasn't making any point other than that if Brainy wants a position PMing isn't Jamaha is a half-bad idea. I don't think we need an elaborate bureaucracy to hand out badges since internet power (at least imo) isn't desirable or prestigious. It's a lot of responsibility and a big time commitment with zero pay. That being said I think people should lose their position if they're no longer willing to put the time into it that they need to, rather than people permanently keeping their titles and privileges. I'm not here to start any kind of discussion on this stuff though so w/e

Quote from: Bubbles on April 15, 2016, 06:13:47 PMMy memory is next to nonexistent recently but I think shado told me I could take over when he left and I just passed along the message to Jamaha

Or you could all just believe Jamaha recognized me with his infallible judgement for my A+ janitorial abilities

Lol I just remember people getting all passive aggressive because they wanted to be janitor.

and A+ janitor is an understatement
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

Olimar12345

You guys sure do pick weird topics to have discussions in.

And bubbles 4 best mod.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

FireArrow

its just... uh... introducing people into how to get promoted

Altissimo

i personally dont believe anyone should be able to ask for mod position and get it...

FireArrow

yeah then we end up with oppressive people like olimar locking threads like this because he doesn't like them

Olimar12345

FALSE! That topic isn't locked and is wonderful.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Ruto

It seems like you guys bother Jamaha too much.

Sort of like that...

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

Dude

Quote from: FireArrow on April 15, 2016, 06:49:01 PMyeah then we end up with oppressive people like olimar locking threads like this because he doesn't like them
Octaves: The Arrangement

Waddle Bro

introduction: i'm a rock

Quote from: FireArrow on April 15, 2016, 06:15:19 PMI wasn't making any point other than that if Brainy wants a position PMing isn't Jamaha is a half-bad idea. I don't think we need an elaborate bureaucracy to hand out badges since internet power (at least imo) isn't desirable or prestigious. It's a lot of responsibility and a big time commitment with zero pay. That being said I think people should lose their position if they're no longer willing to put the time into it that they need to, rather than people permanently keeping their titles and privileges. I'm not here to start any kind of discussion on this stuff though so w/e
my b thought you meant that as the reason behind why people shouldn't just wait around and instead do what they can. people were also talking about getting chosen through voting, but you're right i shouldn't induce to shit and draw my own conclusions, guess i'm just a bit tired.

Quote from: Altissimo on April 15, 2016, 06:42:53 PMi personally dont believe anyone should be able to ask for mod position and get it...
but isn't it just like applying for a job? how does it differ from it?

Altissimo

Quote from: Waddle Bro on April 15, 2016, 07:09:57 PMbut isn't it just like applying for a job? how does it differ from it?

i dont understand yall tbh fam

to elaborate: i've never been on a forum where a good moderator is someone who applied for the position. like, usually it's good, responsible members but - and here's the difference - ones who don't need the "prestige" of being a forum mod and dont want it for power's sake. like does that make sense. we dont allow random ambitious people to be president without some sort of accountability for a reason

Olimar12345

I don't think inquiring about it is a bad thing. On the other hand, harassing people for it is a bad thing. Just like for real job interview, you need to be able to take no for an answer.

Altissimo

Quote from: Olimar12345 on April 15, 2016, 07:15:30 PMI don't think inquiring about it is a bad thing. On the other hand, harassing people for it is a bad thing. Just like for real job interview, you need to be able to take no for an answer.

this is fair

Ruto

If this is a job, where does being qualified come in...?

Sure, I'll recommend a friend for a job, but I usually try to pick someone who's qualified anyway. Otherwise I'll be embarrassing myself if the friend turns out to be a terrible fit. Then I'll stay quiet or resign in shame, depending on how much the friend screws up.

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

The Deku Trombonist

Quote from: Altissimo on April 15, 2016, 07:11:03 PMwe dont allow random ambitious people to be president without some sort of accountability for a reason
Trump4NSMmod 2016