The Introduction Thread

Started by Concerto No.20 in D minor, March 18, 2008, 08:51:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PKBT

Thanks for the warm welcomes y'all.

Quote from: BrainyLucario on August 15, 2017, 05:01:47 AMWelcome! I'm probably going to submit my arrangement of Gregg's Woods soon, but it's nice that someone else is arranging it on site too. Oh wait....I already know who you are...Didn't recognize the name for a second.

For a second I wasn't sure either, but now I definitely recognize you from MuseScore (and also E. Gadd).
Looking forward to hearing your arrangements!

BrainyLucario

Good luck getting used to Finale, it's uh...more limiting that Musescore without money
When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.

E. Gadd Industries

Quote from: BrainyLucario on August 15, 2017, 07:36:56 PMGood luck getting used to Finale, it's uh...more limiting that Musescore without money
This x10.
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

PKBT

Quote from: E. Gadd Industries on August 16, 2017, 04:34:14 AM
Quote from: BrainyLucario on August 15, 2017, 07:36:56 PMGood luck getting used to Finale, it's uh...more limiting that Musescore without money
This x10.

I looked at the costs and, uh, you really aren't kidding. I have no plans to depart MS right now, but I'll keep that in mind.

mikey

Quote from: King Sammer on February 22, 2015, 05:08:05 AMI'm sorry for posting if I was an admin.

That was meant to be posted over there.

Fort Francis gave me a hard time after that, banned two users on the other forum...

And yes, I'm an admin on that forum.
unmotivated

BlackDragonSlayer

why

why would you remind us of that
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

FiveNineSquared

Hi people! I've known this site for a while now, so I thought it was finally the time to make an account. I'm also quite new to forums as a whole. Please forgive me for formatting problems/general awkwardness :)

Obligatory background info:
Name: Dillon
Languages: English and (really bad) Chinese.
Instrument: French Horn (been in my school's concert band since Sec 1/7th Grade/13yo).
Favourite School Subject(s): English, Maths, Biology, Chemistry.
Favourite VGs: Probably anything Pokémon, though I'm not much of a gamer, to be honest.
Favourite VGMs: PMD, Portal 2, Undertale. Those stand out, but I enjoy VGM in general.
Other favourite things: Nature walks, school half-days and Birbs.

I'm planning on sharing some of my arrangements from Musescore but I'm completely inept at Finale Notepad. Until then I'll just lurk here for a while, lol

Edit: link

LeviR.star

Welcome! Always nice to see new members here!
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

ThatHiddenCharacter

Welcome! It's always nice to meet new people! You'll probably fit right in here!
Discord server (We have continental breakfast): https://discord.gg/ZuFJBF4

Jointers Discord server (We have continental music):
https://discord.gg/ehHWckpTzn

Ko-fi page (I have continental continents):
https://ko-fi.com/thathiddencharacter

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

braix

Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Dudeman

Quote from: FiveNineSquared on September 16, 2017, 10:38:50 AMLocation: Singapore. (hi daj)
Oooo, did you know daj already? Or were you just aware of another Singaporean on the forums?
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Trasdegi

Quote from: FiveNineSquared on September 16, 2017, 10:38:50 AMFavourite School Subject(s): English, Maths, Biology, Chemistry.
Yeah!
Quote from: FiveNineSquared on September 16, 2017, 10:38:50 AMFavourite VGs: Probably anything Pokémon
Yeah!
Quote from: FiveNineSquared on September 16, 2017, 10:38:50 AMFavourite VGMs: PMD
Yeah!
Quote from: FiveNineSquared on September 16, 2017, 10:38:50 AMMusescore
Yeah!

I use MuseScore too, however if you want to submit anything to the site, you'll need a .MUS file. Don't worry, there's a thread dedicated to help with Finale NotePad. Feel free to ask any question here!

daj

Quote from: FiveNineSquared on September 16, 2017, 10:38:50 AMLanguages: English and (really bad) Chinese.
Instrument: French Horn (been in my school's concert band since Sec 1/7th Grade/13yo).

ahaha this is so singaporean i cant even <3

Heyya, Dillon! ^^ Daj says hi~
(resists the urge to type in singlish)

So cool to see another singaporean here! ^^ And you're arranging VGM stuff at 15? That's super cool. Can't wait to go back and take a look at your channel too, that should be fun :)

A part of me really hopes that you arrange PMD stuff that's playable in a live setting, hehe. I don't really like the PMD soundtrack, but piano arrangements of it just...work. Somehow. So if you'd ever like me to play something of yours, feel free to send it over and I'll see if I can't give it a read/record ;)

Enjoy yourself on these forums, take care man! Can't wait to get to know ya~

FiveNineSquared

Thank you guys for the welcome messages!

Quote from: Dudeman on September 16, 2017, 11:35:55 AMOooo, did you know daj already? Or were you just aware of another Singaporean on the forums?
Nope, don't know him. Only knew he was another Singaporean here.

Quote from: daj on September 16, 2017, 03:04:47 PMahaha this is so singaporean i cant even <3
I love how you can feel the "stereotypical Singaporean secondary school student" aura emanating from me /s

Quote from: daj on September 16, 2017, 03:04:47 PMA part of me really hopes that you arrange PMD stuff that's playable in a live setting, hehe. I don't really like the PMD soundtrack, but piano arrangements of it just...work. Somehow. So if you'd ever like me to play something of yours, feel free to send it over and I'll see if I can't give it a read/record ;)
Heh, you'll kinda find most of my older stuff to be unplayable (or at least quite hard). I've attempted to make some arrangements which are at least easier but I get carried away really easy ;D Will send some stuff over if I feel it's worthy enough!

Quote from: Trasdegi on September 16, 2017, 11:48:16 AMI use MuseScore too, however if you want to submit anything to the site, you'll need a .MUS file. Don't worry, there's a thread dedicated to help with Finale NotePad. Feel free to ask any question here!
By submitting, do you mean to the actual main site or to the arrangement threads? Are they linked? I'm not really sure how that part works. I already saw that thread; it's the reason why I downloaded Notepad in the first place. I'll be happy to post some of my concerns there!

Looking forward to getting to know you guys too!