News:

NinSheetMusic is 18 years old!

Main Menu

The Introduction Thread

Started by Concerto No.20 in D minor, March 18, 2008, 08:51:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sebastian

EverLivid

Hey! Livid here, feel free to call me Liv.

I'm a passable (although far from fantastic) pianist, interested in joining this community for being a place to pursue interest both in music and video games. I've just finished my first year at uni studying composition, and I occasionally arrange, and would be interested in eventually contributing arrangements of my own to the site!

Favourite music? Anything in quintuple time!

Nice to meet everyone!

Libera

Welcome!  It's nice to see new arrangers joining!  I hope you enjoy your stay. :)

Lelouch

Hi!

I'm Lelouch. I work as a classical guitar teacher at a conservatory in Brazil. I love to study the piano, too. I am a great fan of the sheet music produced by this community.

LeviR.star

Glad you like what we produce! Welcome, Lelouch!
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

mikey

Welcome!  I have a few friends who lived in Brazil for a couple years.
unmotivated

E. Gadd Industries

"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Bobbythekid21

Ah, finally found the intro thread.
helloAlright so, you can call me Bob. I'm 15 (16 in about a week) and I have been playing Alto Saxophone for 7-8 years. I've played piano for 2-3 years. I think... I had to count how many recitals I've done but I haven't always done them, so I'm not quite sure how accurate I am. Speaking of recitals, I've always used sheets from here for them. I've done Boss Battle and Boss Victory Fanfare (The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past), as well as Snowdin Town (Undertale).

For some reason, I was taught not to play my saxophone transposed so I've always used the same sheets for both piano and sax. I've used this site for about 4-5 years and just recently realized that I have an ear (two, in fact). So I started arranging music of my own as well as other pieces.

I guess it's also worth mentioning that I want to be an indie game designer when I grow up.
333,331 is a prime number.
Spoiler
Quote from: Bobbythekid21 on February 24, 2019, 01:03:24 PM
Well, I'll just stick around for now and be helpful.
I'm gonna hold myself to it by constantly reminding myself of it.
[close]

The Deku Trombonist

Hey Bob, welcome!!

Quote from: Bobbythekid21 on February 06, 2019, 02:03:21 PMFor some reason, I was taught not to play my saxophone transposed so I've always used the same sheets for both piano and sax.
Wow, that's different. Can you play Eb parts as well or just concert pitch?

LeviR.star

Welcome, Bobby! It's cool to hear you play the alto sax; I'm an alto player with perfect pitch as well.

Also, if you ever get the chance, you should share some of your indie game ideas; I'm interested.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Bobbythekid21

Quote from: Deku Trombonist on February 07, 2019, 04:19:02 AMHey Bob, welcome!!
Wow, that's different. Can you play Eb parts as well or just concert pitch?
No, I've never gotten around to trying to learn to play Eb too, I've always been content with concert pitch since it means less ink and paper when printing out sheets.

Quote from: LeviR.star on February 07, 2019, 05:20:50 AMWelcome, Bobby! It's cool to hear you play the alto sax; I'm an alto player with perfect pitch as well.
People keep saying that I have perfect pitch, but I'm not sure if I fall under that category, I seem to only be able to figure out the notes if I am listening to it and playing along on another instrument.

Quote from: LeviR.star on February 07, 2019, 05:20:50 AMAlso, if you ever get the chance, you should share some of your indie game ideas; I'm interested.
I'd love to! Where would that go? In off-topic or gaming? Or should I just PM you? :)
Spoiler
[close]

Splatoon Inkling

Congrats Bobby! Welcome to the forum!

ThatHiddenCharacter

I totally didn't just realize I haven't welcomed any of the newcomers in a long time. Welcome! It's nice to see new members with such ambition, you'll definitely fit right in!
Discord server (We have continental breakfast): https://discord.gg/ZuFJBF4

Jointers Discord server (We have continental music):
https://discord.gg/ehHWckpTzn

Ko-fi page (I have continental continents):
https://ko-fi.com/thathiddencharacter

Bobbythekid21

Quote from: Splatoon Inkling on February 07, 2019, 02:35:12 PMCongrats Bobby! Welcome to the forum!
Quote from: ThatHiddenCharacter on February 07, 2019, 03:00:09 PMI totally didn't just realize I haven't welcomed any of the newcomers in a long time. Welcome! It's nice to see new members with such ambition, you'll definitely fit right in!
Thanks! :)
Also, (random) I've noticed that people have these titles under their names and a number of stars, and that each title corresponds to a specific number. What is that all about?
Spoiler
[close]

BlackDragonSlayer

Post count. More posts means more stars.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber