The Introduction Thread

Started by Concerto No.20 in D minor, March 18, 2008, 08:51:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

universe-X

My milkshakes bring all the boys to the yard, ETF, they do.

Ruto

Quote from: universe-X on August 21, 2010, 10:07:31 PMMy milkshakes bring all the boys to the yard, ETF, they do.

>__>

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

universe-X

I already gave one to ETF and she's in denial.

Anyways, back on topic.

Winter

Name: Winter
Instruments: Drumset/percussion for 7 years, Piano for 2, and I mess around on the guitar.
Favorite Piano Song: Dancing on the (Berlin) Wall  -  David Lanz
Favorite game music: I always liked Dragon Roost Island..
Favorite video game: Most Zelda games, yes I've beaten them all. but hmm. Link's Awakening?
Favorite school subject: Math

SuperFireKirby

Yay! Another percussionist! I play drumset as well sir.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Winter

Ha! Amazing! Tell me do you agree that its the worst curse in the world to only be good at instruments over 100 lbs? I cant take my music anywhere!

SuperFireKirby

I know, right? That's why I'm teaching myself guitar(attempting, at least) so I may one day have that ability.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

SlowPokemon

Percussion can be looked at as fun or boring...

Pianos are amazing to play + it looks good when you say you play it, but you can't hit anyone in the head with one.  :(

Guitars, however... .__.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

DrP

Quote from: SlowPokemon on September 04, 2010, 11:04:45 AMPercussion can be looked at as fun or boring...

Pianos are amazing to play + it looks good when you say you play it, but you can't hit anyone in the head with one.  :(

Guitars, however... .__.

Its called a digital keyboard, monsieur!

Drums are amazing! I play lots of types, mostly pitched drums (set, well that's a different story)

I failed miserably at guitar... I always make the guitarists at my old school want to learn something else to play when I say "You know, just because you know TABs and you can play a shitload of chords doesn't mean you're a musician. Go on and tell me the 6 notes on the guitar that make up a C Chord..." and they just stand there. I know music stuff is supposed to come from the soul to express feelings, but I believe you aren't a true musician unless you know some theory first  ;D

MaestroUGC

Quote from: drpamplemousse on September 04, 2010, 11:09:42 AMI know music stuff is supposed to come from the soul to express feelings, but I believe you aren't a true musician unless you know some theory first  ;D

No, you can be a true musician without theory; but you can't be a great musician without theory.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

DrP

no, you're just a musician without music theory... I now respect the beatles since mccartney learned music

Winter

the only reason i learned piano in the first place was so that i had a more visual aspect for learning music theory (because i was a drummer i needed at least one noted instrument). then it just came natural after that! i do think that the building blocks of music begin with theory... drpamplemousse? do you have a nickname? something shorter?

DrP

Winter

Roz~

Welcome WK! I wish my parents would let me have a drum... they say it's too noisy. >_>
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.