News:

Be sure to tell your friends about NinSheetMusic!

Main Menu

Mailman 105's Submissions

Started by mailman105, July 01, 2010, 01:46:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mailman105

Submissions
These are Direct Links. I don't use MediaFire.
Feel free to criticize me, This is my first arrangment.

Quote from: Brawler4Ever on June 14, 2008, 04:22:12 PMFor arranging: Try to arrange a song by ear, and see how easy it is. If you're like me, you'll get to measure ten and have no idea where to go next. I use midis; I download a midi from vgmusic.com and open the midi in Finale. I open a blacnk Finale page and move the notes, measure by measure, into the black document. In almos tno itme at all, I have a perfectly good piano arrangement.  :D
I'm like him.

[Wii] Mario Kart Wii
     Maple Treeway
          MID
          MUS
     Bowser's Castle
          MID
          MUS
     Racing Menu
          MID
          MUS

[NDS] Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time
     Vim Factory
          MID
          MUS
     Boss Battle
          MID
          MUS
I am looking forward to whatever is in front of me.

DrP

Hi Mailman105!

Welcome to the NSM forums!

I just wanted to let you know your links are slightly broken (an extra http added in there).

Good arrangement of Maple Treeway (definitely one of my favorites from Mario Kart Wii). Everything is all good (maybe you can up the tempo for the intro a little bit... it'll make it more like the song)!

See ya around the forums  :D

mailman105

Thanks. I'll fix the link and up the tempo.

Also, I'm starting [WII] Mario Kart Wii Bowser's castle

DrP

im gonna say what pumpy_heart says to me. you should have a key signature for your pieces (here, im referring to bowser's castle). It is in Ab Major, from my assumptions, with change ups every which way when you get towards the end (including Gmi,Bb Maj, C Maj, Asus4, etc). By adding a key signature, it allows easy reading on the eyes (for sight readers) and tells the player what to expect.

Also, adding an 8vb on bars 6&7 should also be easier (just move the two bars an octave up and add an 8vb... thats part of the NSM submission rules)... found here

Also, I forgot to say, you should introduce yourself on the introduction forums, everyone would love to meet ya!

pumpy_heart

In measure 28 in the bass, there's only 3 beats compensated for. Same for the last measure.
Filling in the measure with rests makes it look better as well as playable.
Also, I'm pretty sure it changes keys somewhere in here. If not, rewrite Fb and Cb as E naturals and B naturals, as they stay that way through the measure.
Good going though. Sounds right. You arrange fast! =D

dahans

OMG! NSM has new arrangers? That's great :D. Welcome to the forum. Concerning the bowser battle: It sounds completely right and there's not a wrong note, but you could make it sound more impressive. The whole notes in the right hand make it sound a bit boring (the original version is "orchestrated"). Due to the fact that this piece is very slow, you could try to add some notes there. That was my first impression. However, I'm glad that NSM has new arrangers!
Check out my arrangements! I mean it! Check them out!

mailman105

Quote from: drpamplemousse on July 01, 2010, 07:41:55 PMyou should have a key signature for your pieces (here, im referring to bowser's castle). It is in Ab Major, from my assumptions, with change ups every which way when you get towards the end (including Gmi,Bb Maj, C Maj, Asus4, etc).
Also, adding an 8vb on bars 6&7 should also be easier (just move the two bars an octave up and add an 8vb... thats part of the NSM submission rules)... found here
Also, I forgot to say, you should introduce yourself on the introduction forums, everyone would love to meet ya!

Thanks, I'll add the key signature.

I can't add the 8vb myself, because finale notepad doesn't have it. Can someone else do that for me?

And I already have Introduced myself  :D

Quote from: The whole notes in the right hand make it sound a bit boring (the original version is "orchestrated"). Due to the fact that this piece is very slow, you could try to add some notes there.

I'll try adding some notes in there, Thanks.

Quote from: pumpy_heart on July 01, 2010, 09:40:53 PMIn measure 28 in the bass, there's only 3 beats compensated for. Same for the last measure.
Filling in the measure with rests makes it look better as well as playable.
Also, I'm pretty sure it changes keys somewhere in here. If not, rewrite Fb and Cb as E naturals and B naturals, as they stay that way through the measure.
Good going though. Sounds right. You arrange fast! =D

I'll fix the measures and keys.

mailman105

Fixed Bowser Castle!
And I'm back.

Bloop

Quote from: mailman105 on July 02, 2010, 06:46:11 AMThanks, I'll add the key signature.

I can't add the 8vb myself, because finale notepad doesn't have it. Can someone else do that for me?

And I already have Introduced myself  :D

I'll try adding some notes in there, Thanks.

I'll fix the measures and keys.
tommorow I shall put a 8vb at it :)

Bloop

mailman105

mailman105

I Finished Mario Kart Wii: Racing menu! It's a duet. and it's kinda long. and it took a while. But Here it is!

Bloop

Quote from: mailman105 on July 19, 2010, 10:39:50 AMI Finished Mario Kart Wii: Racing menu! It's a duet. and it's kinda long. and it took a while. But Here it is!
both links links to te same site...

mailman105

Quote from: Bloop on July 19, 2010, 11:17:52 AMboth links links to te same site...

clarify?
I don't understand what you mean.

pumpy_heart

Links aren't found, for the Menu.
EDIT: Also, been looking at Mapletreeway. At measure 18, it changes keys to C major (no sharps or flats). At measure 38, it changes back to Eb major (3 flats).