Random Madness (My Second Less-Than-Amazing Story)

Started by SlowPokemon, July 09, 2010, 12:45:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SlowPokemon

No. :P I'm in all of my characters, at least a little bit, but not wholly myself in this one. I guess I'm most in Blot, but perhaps not the Blot you see in this installment. That might be why he's my favorite. I'm also rather fond of Liz, I must say. The Ghosts are awesome, too, and then there's Mad himself. As DrPamplemousse will also tell you, my main characters really don't know that they are the main characters, because they're really not as interesting as some others. :P

Mrs. Pattybuns is hilariously fun to write for, along with her accomplice introduced in book two. Also, there's someone in book three that came from a sort of silly fear I have, that now has lessened. And in book four things really start to get...insane. It's all very confusing.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Jub3r7

That's all very interesting. Also, I thought at first that Liz might have been someone that showed up in TWTGO.
And Luke was with her, so that's why I asked that last question.

And also, I know what you mean by being all your characters, it should make perfect sense to anyone who has written a story before.
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

SlowPokemon

Jub3r7

PUSSSHHHH!! Alright, I need you to concentrate. Just take a deep breath, and~

SlowPokemon

Thanks for that--this chapter sets things up for the next story to be even more awesome than I had originally written it as. You're just gonna have to bear with me for this book...I promise you the next one(s) will be good.

Chapter Seven
Evil is Contagious

Blot watched in an irritated fashion as his hot air balloon rose into the air, his own super-sized face sticking out his own super-sized tongue out at him.
   â€œHurry up, you tub of lard,” he snapped at Mrs. Pattybuns. “I thought you said we had to get somewhere.”
   â€œI will not hurry up,” she said indignantly. “I am far too…old…for that kind of thing.”
   â€œYou mean fat,” Blot said.
   â€œI am not fat!” she cried nervously. “I’m…pleasingly plump!”
   â€œWhatever makes you feel better,” Blot said, rolling his eyes.
   â€œOh, really!” she said, her eyes flashing. “At least I’m not the one who builds a hot air balloon based on myself, which is quickly stolen by our mortal enemy!”
   Blot narrowed his eyes.
   â€œCookie-gulper.”
   â€œWimpy do-gooder.”
   â€œFatty.”
   â€œThinny.”
   â€œThat doesn’t even make sense!” Blot cried triumphantly.
   â€œThat doesn’t even matter!” Mrs. Pattybuns said. “The place we need to go won’t be open in the daylight hours. They’ll want to avoid suspicion.”
   Blot’s eyes became narrower as he wondered what she meant.
   â€œWhere exactly are we going?” he said suspiciously.
   She just smiled and waddled back to her car.

It was late at night. A thick and steady rain was falling on Doodle City. No one was awakeâ€"and even if they had been, it is unlikely that they would have seen the two figures walking briskly to a small and dingy shop. The shop was so unimportant-looking that, even had it not been raining, and had been daytime, very few people would have seen it.
   One of the two-a self-described pleasingly plump old womanâ€"knocked very softly on the door. There was no response. There were no lights on inside.
   The other one carefully tried the shop door and found it unlocked. They entered.
   A small, bald man sat behind the counter. He had several long wrinkles on his perfectly round face and appeared to be even older than the old woman who had knocked.
   â€œWe are closed,” he hissed.
   â€œThe door was unlocked,” said Mrs. Pattybuns with a joyless smile.
   â€œYou don’t say,” said the old man, and, quick as a flash, darted behind them to lock the door. He peered out the window, looking both ways, and shut the curtains. He returned to his spot behind the counter and lit a candle. “What can I interest you in?”
   â€œWell,” said Mrs. Pattybuns, “I have some knowledge that you sell certain very rare, very illegal substances.”
   â€œI don’t sell no drugs,” growled the man. “Goodbye.”
   â€œNo, no, no, my good man,” said Mrs. Pattybuns. “I would never suggest that. You misunderstand me. The very idea! I was inquiring about…” (here she paused) “…viruses.”
   â€œViruses?” said the man. He appeared puzzled, but he was scrutinizing her with his eyes as if summing up in his head how rich she was, and how much he might be paid for something. “I don’t do that kind of thing. If you wish to hack into another’s computer program, there is an electronics shop next door. There you may inquire.”
   â€œI don’t mean computer viruses,” said Mrs. Pattybuns patiently. “I mean flu virusesâ€"you know. Get people sick. REALLY sick.”
   â€œI’m sorry, ma’am, but you seem very confused,” he said darkly. “I will now ask you to leave my shop.”
   â€œReally,” said Mrs. Pattybuns, grinning. Her grimy teeth reflected the candlelight in the near darkness. “Blot, show him our offerings.”
   Blot lifted a small but heavy suitcase onto the table. He opened it with a little clicking noise. Inside were thousands of hundred-dollar bills, Benjamin Franklin pursing his lips disapprovingly from each one.
   The man stared at the hundred-dollar bills for a long time, then, as quickly as he had locked the door, snatched the suitcase and set it carefully on the floor behind the counter.
   â€œWhat kind of viruses did you folks have in mind?” he asked in a sinister way.
   â€œWhat is the most deadly virus that you carry?” Blot retaliated smoothly.
   â€œWell,” said the old man mysteriously, “I believe you know of the Influenza outbreak of 1918, correct?”
   Blot nodded his head.
   â€œI have just received a large sample of that very same virus,” he said, grinning wickedly. “I have enough so that if it infects one personâ€"just one, mind youâ€"it will multiply and spread across the entire cityâ€"perhaps the entire country!”
   â€œIndeed?” said Blot, smiling, his pure white fangs glistening. “I think we have found what we are looking for.”
   â€œWe have indeed,” said Mrs. Pattybuns. “How much will you take for them?”
   â€œYou have already paid,” said the man, smiling viciously. “You will find them at your house by tomorrow morning. Be sure not to leave them out too long…things could get nasty.”
   He laughed cruelly and ushered them out of his shop back into the rain.

Jub3r7

SlowPokemon

Thanks for that, Jub. I really understand your opinion. xD

Winter

I'm gonna finish the review before finishing reading this ;)

sorry

SlowPokemon

SlowPokemon

Huh. I need to force myself to finish this so I can move on to other things. I always promise myself that when I begin a project, I finish it. Well, since I'm altering the plot drastically from my original draft...

INTERACTION TIME.

What do you guys think should happen next? I know what happens in a little bit, as far as some new characters go, but I want to lead up to that so it doesn't look short and rushed. :P I probably need to include some more assaults from Mrs. Pattybuns and Blot. Maybe. I don't know.

EDIT: PM me ideas if you have them so there will be no spoilers (for the one other person xD)

SlowPokemon

Okay, first off, after this chapter, the story is going to seem very, very rushed and not fully fantastic. That's because both of those things are true.

This is definitely my least favorite story I've written, ever, but I really need to post this so you can kind of have an understanding of the characters, etc.

And besides, mediocrity seems to be popular here. So I hope you don't mind.

Chapter Eight
Up in the Air

â€œSo, who is this Blot person?” Liz inquired. “He sounds…interesting.”
   Girl Ghost looked at her suspiciously and said, “Why would you say something like that about a person who’s trying to kill us?”
   â€œI’m just saying,” Liz said, shrugging, “that while a green ghost is unusual, a gray vampire ghost is out of this world.”
   â€œTrust me,” said Boy Ghost, putting his long tail-esque body around Liz’s shoulders, “when I say that you want nothing to do with that guy. He’s pure evil.”
   â€œAnd what, she should be around you instead?” snorted his siter.
   â€œThat doesn’t sound so bad,” Liz said, smiling. Boy Ghost’s cheeks turned blue.
   â€œWell,” said Mad, “I think they might be letting up for a while. After that defeat, they’ll be stinging hard. We might have a day just to…dare I say it…enjoy ourselves.”
   â€œWhere should we go?” exclaimed Girl Ghost excitedly.
   â€œWe should go to Disneylandâ€"” said Boy Ghost.
   â€œNo, Coloradoâ€"” said Girl Ghost.
   â€œYou guys aren’t having this argument again,” said Mad sharply. He turned to Arnold, Luke and Liz. “Do you guys have any ideas?”
   They stared blankly at him. There was a short silence.
   â€œI like Disneyland,” said Liz encouragingly.
   â€œToo expensive,” said Mad.
   â€œBut I love ‘It’s a Small World’!” cried Boy Ghost in despair.
   Everyone turned to look at him incredulously.
   â€œWhy?!” Luke said, mortified.
   â€œIt’s so uplifting,” Boy Ghost muttered, turning blue again.
   â€œI know where we can go,” said Arnold, a devious light gleaming in his eye suddenly. He whispered something to Luke, who turned bright red and laughed in excitement.
   â€œI don’t even want to know what you just said to him,” said Mad flatly.
   â€œWell…” said Liz slowly. “I don’t know why we can’t just enjoy ourselves in a hot air balloon.”
   â€œThat is true,” admitted Girl Ghost.
   â€œHot air balloon?!” cried Boy Ghost, horrified. “THAT’S what we’re in?!?!?!”
   â€œYes, you idiot!” shouted Girl Ghost. “You’re the one that pointed it out to me in the first place!”
   â€œDon’t speak to me,” said Boy Ghost in a sick voice. “I am terrified of heights and may puke.”
   Everyone groaned, except for Liz, who laughed.
   â€œWhy are you laughing?” he said angrily.
   â€œI think you’re funny!” she giggled, and walked away to the other side of the basket.
   Boy Ghost raised his eyebrows in surprise.
   â€œI say we play video games!” shouted Luke suddenly.
   â€œDo you have a console on you?” asked Mad dryly.
   Luke pulled from his pocket no less than six Nintendo DS systems, each in a different color. Everyone stopped staring at Boy Ghost and began to stare at Luke.
   â€œDo you have a game, then?” Mad said finally.
   â€œHa!” laughed Luke. “‘Do I have a game’…Let’s just see!” he said, popping in Mario Kart, and they all chose characters: Boy Ghost chose Mario, Liz chose Peach, Girl Ghost chose Daisy, Luke chose Luigi, Arnold chose Toad, and Mad picked R.O.B.
   â€œOf all the people to pick, he picks the least Mario-like one,” muttered Luke, rolling his eyes, and proceeded to whoop their asses.

When they were finished, everyone but two went to sleep on some handy sleeping bags found in a compartment on the Blot Balloon. Boy Ghost went to the edge andâ€"he had promised himself not to look downâ€"gazed up at the stars.
   â€œHey,” said a tentative voice, scaring him into jumping.
   â€œWhat?!” he gasped, breathing hard.
   â€œI didn’t mean to scare you,” laughed Liz.
   â€œI wasn’t scared,” he said, trying to appear nonchalant with his heart leaping out of his chest.
   â€œOkay,” she said, smiling. “Just came to tell you that you should probably get to bed. It won’t stay warm out here for long.”
   â€œGot it,” he said, but stayed out a few minutes longer. The stars were flickering into different shapes before his eyes and he was interested to see what they would eventually become. Unfortunately, he looked down before long, out of boredom, and immediately fainted backwards and started snoring.

Jub3r7

SlowPokemon

Jub3r7

FINE

The chapter was good in helping to develop character and stuff.

Although that's pretty much it.  :P

SlowPokemon

Chapter Nine
Mad Reveals His Latest Project
(A Common Fatal Flaw)

Coming February 3, 2011