News:

Up-to-date news?! Preposterous!

Main Menu

Kensho's arrangements

Started by Kensho, July 16, 2010, 11:20:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadoninja

it's nice that you want to put everything from the source material in, but perhaps you should leave some parts of it out.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

Kensho

I know, I've played the piece myself and I found out that some things are pretty much impossible to play. I'll try to tone it down a bit and upload a midi file as well.

Kensho

DrP

I'd hate to be a damper on your revisions, but I have some across a few revisions that would make for easier reading:

1) Beginning at measure 13, you can change the key signature from B to D, thus saving a bunch of accidentals from happening
2) You could fix your enharmonic tones to fit with the key signature (Db to C#, Bb to A#, etc...)

You dont have to fix these if you don't want to... just some suggestions!!

Kensho

I would if I could but apparently, I have no idea how to change a key signature mid-measure without transposing the whole piece to that key

Kensho

Nevermind, I managed to fix it. If there's still anything wrong, please tell me. thanks

Shadoninja

http://www.filesend.net/download.php?f=1a3552f8f52f37d53eae2416cf6f53b3

here's how I would arrange it. compare with your version.

Kensho

Sorry, but I don't think some of the notes are really that accurate. Although it does sound fairly easier to play than my version.

Shadoninja

arranging for piano for me is to make it playable and (hopefully) fun . of course i'm not going to make it so different from the original that you can't tell what it is, however if I can change a few notes around to make it more playable I will.

Kensho

yeah I guess. But it's too late to have my arrangement updated anyways.

The Deku Trombonist

It's never too late. I'm pretty sure the updaters only look through the submissions just before an update goes up. And even if an older version does get accepted, you can always post a new version in the next update and the existing version will be replaced. :)

DrP

Quote from: DekuTrombonist on July 27, 2010, 06:14:19 PMIt's never too late. I'm pretty sure the updaters only look through the submissions just before an update goes up. And even if an older version does get accepted, you can always post a new version in the next update and the existing version will be replaced. :)

that existing version being mine  ;). I personally like this arrangement better UNCHANGED... it's still pretty playable by my standards!

Shadoninja

your version doesn't have enough bass+tenor in it for my liking.

DrP

that's simple! just play it an octave lower... haha.