News:

Spotted an error on the main site? Let us know!

Main Menu

General Pokémon

Started by DrP, July 18, 2010, 04:32:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What's your favorite Mega Evolution (G2)

Ampharos
Scizor
Heracross
Houndoom
Tyranitar

SlowPokemon

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on March 07, 2014, 03:38:09 PMI mean, sure he was a "villain", but he wasn't actually doing anything he thought was wrong.
They worded his script perfectly...  He's just so nice and willing to talk, while at the same time doing what he believes is right.  Even maxie, his opposite, was pretty mean to you in the game.

...I'm guessing you never played Pokemon Sapphire, in which Maxie is more of an ally and Archie is the main villain who's hellbent on destroying humanity. Because their lines are basically swapped for the two games, substituting "Groudon" for "Kyogre" and such.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Nebbles

And in Emerald, both of them are the villains.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

mikey

Quote from: SlowPokemon on March 07, 2014, 04:00:40 PM...I'm guessing you never played Pokemon Sapphire, in which Maxie is more of an ally and Archie is the main villain who's hellbent on destroying humanity. Because their lines are basically swapped for the two games, substituting "Groudon" for "Kyogre" and such.
I was talking about emerald
unmotivated

FierceDeity

"I like Archie as a villain because he's just doing what he thinks is right, creating a moral gray area, yet am unwilling to give generation V a chance, even though the gray area is significantly larger and more ambiguous with N than with any other pokemon villain to date"

Yugi

Archie and Maxie arn't even villains, they're antiheros.

Also, for the person who corrected me when I said that Joey's Ratatta had perfect IVS, thank you for proving me wrong.

mikey

Quote from: Yugi on March 07, 2014, 05:22:20 PMArchie and Maxie arn't even villains, they're antiheros.
I'm just curious-what makes an anti hero vs a villain?
unmotivated

Yugi

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on March 07, 2014, 05:44:57 PMI'm just curious-what makes an anti hero vs a villain?

An anti-hero is a hero without the main features as one, while a villain essentially has bad motives that benefit no-one but themselves.

Archie and Maxie both wanted to make the world a better place by making it all water/all land, but had bad ways of doing so (taking the red/blue orb from Mt Pyre, taking people's goods). Cyrus, on the other hand, wanted to make a universe that benefitted him, and had generally evil ways of doing so.

mikey

gotcha.
I can still call him an antagonist right?
 ::)
unmotivated

hjm978

mikey

Quote from: hjm978 on March 07, 2014, 06:09:43 PMI HATE IVS....
Eh I really don't think they're necessary
of course everyone else here does for some reason
unmotivated

hjm978

It's more of that I'm trying competitive, and it's really dumb.

K-NiGhT

Quote from: SlowPokemon on March 07, 2014, 03:02:23 PMI don't like this either. Don't bash gen I in response to bashing of the new Pokemon! All the regions have awesome Pokemon, and anyone who can't admit that is just embarrassing themselves. That's all there is to it.
i wasn't intending to totally bash gen I, though it did come across like that I suppose. I was just giving examples of designs in said gen that were a bit subpar. I do agree that each gen has some great Pokemon, but I'm also just reminding Nocturne that not everything was perfect about RBY
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

Clanker37

I doubt we'll ever get a 'perfect' gen. Indeed, the idea of perfection is preposterous. What remains clear though, is the positives and negatives about each gen which do it for some, but not for others. It's like picking a significant other. Some like gen 3's huge ass, while others like gen 6's hipster approach, while some will always be captivated by gen 1's grey hair and wrinkles.

hjm978

We could have a game for like Wii U or something that combines every region... That'd be cool...

SlowPokemon

I swear to god every time I hear someone say that I lose a few brain cells.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.