General Pokémon

Started by DrP, July 18, 2010, 04:32:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What's your favorite Mega Evolution (G2)

Ampharos
Scizor
Heracross
Houndoom
Tyranitar

SlowPokemon

^They ARE taking the place of "remakes" which is good as BW are the best they can be, in my opinion.

And while it's a good suggestion, they'll never do it because with remaking Ruby AND Sapphire, they'll make a LOT more money than they would simply remaking Emerald. Say what you will, Game Freak does exist to make money.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Shadoninja

Dunsparce has a very good level up moves and a wide TM movepool. It gets yawn and roost too which is badass.
Drifloon's okay. It'll have problems with normals, especially normals with a high defense since the only level up moves that can hit normal, minus explosion which is stupid for a solo-run, will be running off of it's slightly lower attack stat.
Luvdisc has a pretty barren movepool that doesn't have much in the way of coverage making it a perfect contender for a let's play-style run.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

Nebbles

I'm leaning towards Dunsparce, anyway, so I think it'll be a fun solo run.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Shadoninja

I think i'll do a spinda run.

Nebbles

Sweet.

I'm now mulling over what starter to pick, thinking about the easiest one Dunsparce can fare against...

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Shadoninja on August 15, 2012, 03:52:38 PMI think i'll do a spinda run.

YES! Which game? I wouldn't recommend Ruby or Sapphire...spinda is base 60 in every stat, making it nigh impossible to beat steven

Shadoninja

Quote from: Nebbles on August 15, 2012, 03:55:24 PMSweet.

I'm now mulling over what starter to pick, thinking about the easiest one Dunsparce can fare against...
Fire-types would probably be easiest as it gets rollout early and ancientpower and dig later. It also learns water pulse by TM which is pretty cool.
Grass would be second easiest because of ice beam/blizzard and flamethrower/fire blast. I don't know how easy it is to get those TMs in the game you're playing in.

Quote from: SlowPokemon on August 15, 2012, 04:04:40 PMYES! Which game? I wouldn't recommend Ruby or Sapphire...spinda is base 60 in every stat, making it nigh impossible to beat steven
Diamond, Pearl, or Platinum.

Nebbles

I think in SS it's not too bad. So all right, I'll let the rival get Cyndaquil.

SlowPokemon

Ah, and you could even catch one at the beginning instead of trading

Shadoninja

Quote from: Nebbles on August 15, 2012, 04:24:03 PMI think in SS it's not too bad. So all right, I'll let the rival get Cyndaquil.
Nice. In BW I chose Tepig. Thus my rivals had oshawott and snivy, both of which stunfisk could not handle easily.

Stunfisk Solo Run Choice of starter:
Tepig = Hard Mode
Snivy = Normal Mode
Oshawott = Normal Mode

Dude

I wanna do a Gen 1 solo run now.

Who'sitgunnabe?

Edit: not magikarp.

spitllama

Can't decide to do solo run in Diamond with Smeargle, Ditto (even possible?), Castform, Spiritomb, Nincada (does this mean I get to have Shedinja and Ninjask? :D), or Riolu.

Bleh why do I like all the sucky Pokemon?

Also in solo runs can you evolve or is that frowned upon?
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

Kman96

I think Spiritomb. Eric and I have a special Spiritomb that you could use. You'll be invincible. ;)

It's shiny, and has "wonderguard" as the ability, making any attack that isn't super-effective against it uneffective. Which means you can't be touched. Except for some exceptions...

I had to beat his "Wondertomb" in order to be able to have it (I cloned it, so I gave it back), and so I used a six-man team against it. Unfortunately, he had just the one Spiritomb, so I pulled out a lv.100 Arceus with Perish Song. Hit the Spiritomb, and I just switched out every now and then until it was dead. Eric had to honor our agreement, so now I have an invincible Spiritomb. I think it'd be great to see a solo run with an invincible Spiritomb.

EDIT:...Shit, I just realized that it's at lv. 100. Damn it.
Party Hard!
[close]

Dude

I'm kinda thinking Oddish... Yeah I'll do that.

Probably pkmn yellow so yay.

spitllama

Fire-fang, weather, perish song, mold breaker, reversal, stealth rock, spikes, worry seed, gastro acid, and status conditions = dead Wondertomb.

Nevertheless that has to be so much fun to play with :D
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012