News:

All Hail President Bowser!

Main Menu

General Pokémon

Started by DrP, July 18, 2010, 04:32:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What's your favorite Mega Evolution (G2)

Ampharos
Scizor
Heracross
Houndoom
Tyranitar

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Waddle Bro

Let the boy dream, Slow. At least he's putting his creativity in use.

but...

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Waddle Bro on December 09, 2012, 12:32:56 PMLet the boy dream, Slow. At least he's putting his creativity in use.

but...
Big things have small beginnings, as I have heard. Learning how to sprite is another incentive. :P
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Waddle Bro

^It's so hard to ever take you seriously because you put that :P face on every one of your posts!
You're abusing that smiley.

Anyone else noticed this?

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Waddle Bro on December 09, 2012, 12:50:41 PM^It's so hard to ever take you seriously because you put that :P face on every one of your posts!
You're abusing that smiley.

Anyone else noticed this?
Sorry... it's a bit of a habit I've picked up in my "travels" across the internet.

QuoteBirchomp...
...This is actually more morbid, as it references chomping on carrion...
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

EFitTrainr

Guys did you know that if Kman was a Pokemon he would be a Slowpoke

It's true

We established this in 8th grade
I like food.

spitllama

On YouTube:

"Don't be hatin' on legendary pokemon. It's not "weak" to use them. In fact, it's the exact opposite. Using a legendary pokemon in battle is a testament to your prowess as a trainer in the fact that you had enough skill to track them down and capture them."

Maybe if you've EV trained them and actually SRed to get a decent IV and nature for use in competitive battles. Then it could be considered a testament to prowess.
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

Zunawe

Of course, is soft resetting for IVs and training their EVs any more difficult than eggs of normal Pokemon? The only difference is catching the legendary vs taking a few thousand steps.

Roaming legendaries, I could say that's true though.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

spitllama

I'd say that eggs (egging?) require skill as well. It's the difference between "omg I caught a Pokemon" vs. "omg I caught a Pokemon that doesn't have a naughty nature and can actually do shit."
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

Zunawe

That's what I was saying. Even the leeway you gave that YouTube statement could be questioned because hatching a hundred eggs is just as (if not more) time consuming than re-battling and catching legendaries.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

Nebbles

Yet also, we've got normal pokemon that have higher stats in legendaries... and also using legendaries automatically doesn't make you a fantastic trainer, which some people don't seem to realize.

There are non legendary pokemon, which yes they are pretty much in the OU or uber tier that can outclass legendaries. EV training those pokemon and defeating legendary pokemon are possible.

On the subject of hatching GOD IT TAKE A VERY LONG TIME. It depends what you want, and your luck. Like... with getting a female hasty Snorunt, that took some time. My Technician, Adamant Scyther? Not fun. Modest Venonat? 8 or so eggs.

Point is, legendaries don't make you some great trainer.   
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Roz~

When I used to play OU singles back when Heartgold/Soulsilver came out, I'd see a lot of noobs with ubers only teams. And I remember owning them. Having a bunch of "strong" 'mons doesn't mean anything if the team doesn't have any synergy.
As for the hatching taking a long time: Fast Hatch code huehuehue :3
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

the_last_sheikah

or IVs, or natures, or any of that stuff?  I almost always just use pokemon I like, not necessarily the "best" ones.
You see, we're entertainers. We must keep people smiling. No matter how grim things get, we must always be optimistic!

Nebbles

Eh, I got into the competitive scene after a while and ended up loving it. To each their own.

And yes, the teams have to work together! People don't understand that!
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Roz~

I remember battling a team with 6 dragons on the GBU
Well hello I have Heatran and a couple guys with Ice moves

Quote from: the_last_sheikah on December 12, 2012, 07:06:05 PM
or IVs, or natures, or any of that stuff?  I almost always just use pokemon I like, not necessarily the "best" ones.

I don't care about it when I play in-game, but you have to care about that stuff if you play competitively.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.